THESE ARE THE BEST TIPS FOR FUN ACTIVITIES IN AMSTERDAM THIS WEEKEND
YESSSSSSSSS Kingsday weekend is here! The time that our beloved city turns orange, everyone is in a good mood and we are all ready to party. Of course, Your Little Black Book will provide you with all the best spots to go party and tips for the rest of the weekend. I will also include some tips for those that want to skip the madness and leave town for a day! Oh, and let’s just ignore the weather reports for now and hope for the best…
I’m flying to Hong Kong and Bali this weekend for my highly anticipated workation! In this new Amsterdam Weekend Guide for April 26, 27 & 28 I gathered 10 tips for you that I know will guarantee a great time! Have fun at Kingsday and see you soon in Amsterdam!
SUPER HANDY! Want to receive the Amsterdam Weekend Guide in your inbox every Friday? Sign up for the newsletter!
10 BEST TIPS FOR THIS WEEKEND IN AMSTERDAM
❶ This is a tip that is totally coming from my heart! I rarely say no to a good Bloody Mary AND I love to contribute to a world with less single use plastic. If this also sound like you, then be sure to check out the Ketel One Bloody Mary pop-up bar at The Hoxton. You can score your Bloody (or Kings) Mary here for € 7,50, AND they will provide you with a re-usable water bottle from Join The Pipe, for free! (until stocks runs out). Use this bottle at the several free drinking-water fill up spots that are spread throughout the city. Read all about this Ketel One Bloody Mary pop-up bar >>
❷ Check out 11 X the coolest parties on April 26 & April 27 for all your last minute plans!
❸ Treasure hunting during Vrijmarkt on April 27? Then be sure to check out this blog with the 26 best locations!
❹ Taking it easy this Kingsday because you have the kids with you? Then definitely go to Family Sundays at Jansz this Sunday. Between 4.30 pm and 6.30 pm, the entire restaurant will be all about the little ones! Dinner on time, extra quick service and a bigger kids menu than normal. Read all about it in this Facebook event >>
❺ Another great tip for the Sunday that is a definite hit: the Pure Markt in Park Frankendael. Enjoy the rocking bench and switch turns getting all the delicious snacks. Be sure to check out Facebook before you go! Because if the weather doesn’t hold up, they might cancel last minute. Find all info in the lFacebook event >>
| BONUS TIP: Did you check out all these articles yet? Spectrum, Nazka, Baohuis, Kim Chi Wow, Restaurant Watergang, Hola Poke, 19 x internationale restaurants in Amsterdam, The Hoxton New York, Ron Gastrobar Downtown, Nnea, The Bab, Buurthaven, Naylor’s, The Lebanese Sajeria, Aesop & Aziatische High Tea.
4 X get out of town during kingsday
❾ Will Breda get as crazy as Amsterdam during Koningsdag? This list with 14 spots that you don’t want to miss in this city, will help you have a great day here>
❿ Last weekend tip that will save you so much time! From now on you don’t loose precious family or chill time in the weekend by having to do laundry, because the people from the Miele Laundry Club will come and pick your laundry up from your home and they will return it clean and ironed at your doorstep within 48-hours. Followers of Your Little Black Book get a discount of € 10,- on their first order with the code: code ylbb10 Find out more about this service in this blogpost >>
Our newest lists
⋙ Chateau Amsterdam, our very own city vineyard in Noord, is hosting a tasting and a tour every Saturday.Join them for a tasting of 4 different wines, paired with 4 different cheeses for € 19,50. Want to know more and make a reservation? Find all details in their Facebook event >>
⋙Going to a museum before or after your lunch date is always a good idea. And of course I rounded up the coolest ones for you to go and check out! I have the annual museum card which allows you to visit most museums in the Netherlands ‘ for free’. Don’t feel like waiting in long lines? Book your tickets online!e!
- The last few months I have been collection art for the house. I spotted a cool exhibition that I want to share with you guys! The Hoxton is hosting the exhibition of Anne Mei Poppe through the middle of May, where you can check out her ‘one line drawings’ plus purchase them from the artist herself. Want to know more? Read all about it here >>
- Did you already check out Cool Japan in the Tropenmuseum in Amsterdam? A recommendation for everyone that has been to Japan (you will see a lot of memories flash by) or that wants to go here soon to scratch this great country of the bucket list. Read all about this exhibition here >>
- Going outside in cities to spot street art is super cool, and the weather is definitely getting better for that, but we have some pretty amazing exhibitions in our city that I feel like would be a shame to miss out on. That’s why you should go to the MOCO museum. With lots of pieces by the famous Banksy, but they are also hosting a new exhibition with work by the New York artist Daniel Arsham.
Dit bericht bekijken op Instagram
FEED YOUR WANDERLUST, PLAN YOUR NEXT TRIP THIS WEEKEND!|
TIP: going on a holiday soon? You will find over 100 guides on Your Little Black Book for destinations all across the world.
FAN OF THE VLOGS? CHECK OUT THE LATEST VIDEO’S NOW!
|TIP: are you already following me on Instagram @YOURLBB?Be the first to find out all about the newest hotspots on my Instagram Stories and take a glimpse behind the scenes of Your Little Black Book!
PSSSST… FIND MORE (TRAVEL)TIPS IN MY BOOKS!
- Feed Your Wanderlust – Travel Guide for a bohemian lifestyle
- Staycation – 22 guides and shortlists for a holiday close to home
- Wanderlust – Urban Travel Style Guide
- De Amsterdam City Guide (Nederlands) & The Amsterdam City Guide (English)
The perfect present for yourself or someone that loves travel just as much as you!
Anne de Buck