This sunny friday image via pinterest
June 7-9 weekend update!
I’m a weekly guest with Your Little Black Book on English Breakfast Radio (local radio 99.4 FM). Here’s my handpicked weekend update for this sunny weekend! Have fun :-).
Out & About in Amsterdam
– This weekend is all about Taste of Amsterdam. From 6-9 June the best restaurants in Amsterdam present themselves with delicious food and drinks. You find Taste of Amsterdam at the Amstelpark!
– Together with Taste of Amsterdam on June 9th you find the Pure Markt food market at the Amstelpark between 11-18 hours. Lots of market stalls with food to enjoy there or to take home.
– And there’s more foodie things going on this Sunday June 9th. The Sunday Market heads to Amsterdam East at Roest. A nice city beach on the waterfront.
– The Artis Zoo summer nights are on again! Until the end of the summer Artis stays open on Saturdays until after 21 hours. With every Saturday live shows and a special programme.
– My favourite theater… the Vondelpark theater with shows every Sunday afternoon until August 25th. Free entrance! You can check out the agenda here.
– More performing arts at the Holland Festival from June 1-26. So many cool shows with theater, dance and music. Several locations in Amsterdam like the Westergasfabriek. Check out the complete agenda here.
– Fun for a Sunday walk is to stroll around Art Zuid. Lots of sculptures and outdoor art around the Apollolaan. It’s a local initiative to support art and I think it really cheers up the street view! Until September 22th.
– Festival tip of the week: Amsterdam Open Air a two day festival at the Gaasperpark in Amsterdam East.
Food & Drinks
– The rooftop terrace of the Skylounge hotel is open again. The perfect place for cocktails with a stunning view over the city!
– A new hotspot opened in Amsterdam South at the olympisch stadion: the oyster club.
Have a great weekend!!
THINGS TO DO:
⋙ Canal Cruise by day or in the evening
⋙ A bike tour through Amsterdam OR Rent a bike by yourself
⋙ The best view over Amsterdam from the A’DAM Lookout
⋙ Visit Artis Royal Zoo
⋙ Rijksmuseum with the Dutch masters
⋙ Van Gogh Museum, a staple in Amsterdam
⋙ Stedelijk Museum for modern art lovers
⋙ MOCO Museum for street art
⋙ Photography museum FOAM
⋙ Amsterdam Light Festival (during winter months)
⋙ Cruise like a local with your own boat (great with good weather!)
ONE OF A KIND:
⋙ Discover the Instagrammable experience WONDR
⋙ Red Light District tour
⋙ Get out of town and into the Dutch country side of Giethoorn
| TIP: Buy an I amsterdam City Card. Save money on entrance fees to museums and attractions, public transport and profit from discounts on everything from restaurants to concerts. You can also skip some lines to make the most of your time in Amsterdam! You can buy a card for 24 hours up to 120 hours. Check the prices here >>
Our favourite hotels:
AFFORDABLE // €
☾ Generator Hostel: the best poshtel of the city located in a park.
☾ The Student Hotel: budget proof in trendy East.
☾ Het Volkshotel: affordable and with a cool rooftop bar.
☾ CitizenM: all you need is that XL bed (location near Amstel is great).
☾ Motel One: budget design hotel with locations at
VERY VERY NICE // €€
☾ Hotel V: with two locations and a great restaurant, in the city center and East.
☾ Sir Adam: with the coolest view over Amsterdam.
☾ Sweets: a unique stay in former bridge houses.
☾ Park Plaza Vondelpark: located next to Vondelpark and beautifully renovated.
☾ Hotel Dwars: small scale around the corner of the trendy Utrechtsestraat.
☾ Pillows Anna van den Vondel: great hotel close to Vondelpark.
☾ Hotel Mercier: new hotel in the cosy and historic Jordaan district.
☾ INK Hotel: lifestyle hotel in the heart of the city.
☾ The Hoxton: favourite lifestyle hotel right on the canals.
☾ Morgan & Mees: boutique hotel in Amsterdam West.
☾ Conscious Hotel Westerpark: in a beautiful building at the industrial Westergas area.
☾ QO Amsterdam: eco design hotel with a great skybar.
TOP LUXURY // €€€
☾ Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam: if you have something to celebrate this is the one.
☾ Pulitzer Amsterdam: on the canals at the border of the Nine Streets and the Jordaan.
☾ L’Europe: this hotel has the best spa with a view in Amsterdam.
☾ Conservatorium Hotel: located in one of the most beautiful buildings in town.
☾ W Amsterdam: with great restaurants and a rooftop bar with swimming pool.
Let’s get social
I really hope you enjoy your time in Amsterdam! On my Instagram account @yourlbb you can find more recommendations and new hotspots in town.