26 things you’ll want to do this sunny weekend in amsterdam!
YES, the time is finally there: we can take place on the terrace! As this weekend it really seems to get around 20 degrees, and to be fair, it’s about time ;-). I’ve honestly missed it to have a seat outside on a terrace, put my sunglasses on and enjoy a glass of wine or a cold beer. Well, those last things are not an actual option for me just yet, but luckily they also come alcohol free! So what are your plangs this weekend? For example, the Vondeltuin and Westergasfabriek are hosting events outside this weekend, and the Pure Market is back again. But the night owls can also go dancing at the Chin Chin Club or grab a comedy show at Toomler. These and many more tips can be found in this Amsterdam Weekend Guide of April 6, 7 and 8. Enjoy!
HAPPY WEEKEND! <3
PS: This week yet again a new vlog where I tell you about my tendency of nesting and the stress that comes with a renovation of our house! You can watch it on Travelkids.co! Have a sneak peek behind the scenes, and you can also follow me on Instagram!
26 tips for fun things to do this weekend in amsterdam
- Feel like going out for lunch this weekend? Check out our 10 x New breakfast and lunch spots in Amsterdam!
- Saturday it’s Rokjesdag (Skirts’ day) at the Vondeltuin! From 4PM their cocktail is open, so show those legs and celebrate the Spring. Check out the Facebook event here.
- YOU’LL WANT TO SEE THIS: The “My Name Is Prince” exposition can be visited up until June 8th in the Beurs van Berlage. Read all about this unique exposition on the life of pop legend Prince here >>
- Go shopping for furniture this weekend at Design Icons in the Kromhouthal in the North of Amsterdam. Here you’ll find the prettiest vintage furniture. From Scandinavian mid-century pieces to Dutch design. Check out our extensive blog on Design Icons in Amsterdam here >>
- This Friday the Rijksmuseum is open after closing time for an exclusive party during Rijks by Night. The theme of this evening is fashion and there are still a small amount of tickets available! Check out our blog about the event here. You can also still win tickets for Rijks by Night on May 18th.
- Test your knowledge this Saturday at the Pubquiz at Kiebêrt. It starts at 3PM and full is full, so admit your team on time! Check the Facebook event here.
- Have you already scored the ultimate Spring outfit? You’ll definitely find it at the sample sale of Fabienne Chapot that’s during this entire weekend! Check out our blog with more info here >>
- This Sunday it’s time for another party at Thuishaven. From 1PM till 11PM there’s Wintercircus and as always the ticket sales are going rapidly, so be quick of you don’t want to miss it! Click here for the Facebook event.
- Are you out with your parents in Amsterdam during this sunny weekend? If so, visit Bistro Berlage for a drink on their terrace!
- The Westergasfabriek is turning 15 years old and they’re celebrating it this Sunday. Among other things with a Spring picknick, jazz perfomances and more. Click here for the Facebook event.
- Hits from the 90s till now at the Partyfeest in the Chin Chin Club this Friday. Yet again all the well-known hits will be played, from the Spice Girls till Justin Bieber and Lil Kleine. Check the Facebook event here.
- Have you been staying out on the terrace too long on Saturday, and now you don’t know what to do with the rest of your evening? Then check out the Late Night Show at Toomler. It starts at midnight and many well-known comedians are bound to make an appearance.
- This Sunday it’s time for the seventh edition of the Braai Buffet Night. From 4PM you can stop by for an elaborate buffet. Children are also more than welcome! Check out the Facebook event here.
- Do you already know which Food Festivals you’re going to attend in Amsterdam this year? Check out our ultimate Food Festival Guide of 2018 here!
- From this Sunday you can participate in a Yin Yoga class at Hotel Arena every Sunday morning. So are you into a fit, relaxed Sunday morning? It starts at 10AM and it’s obligated to register beforehand. You can do that via the Facebook event.
- Sticky Fingers is collaborating with Jimmy Woo this Sunday evening. What’s the result like? Pies, cakes, cookies and other sorts of sweets combined with music! Check out the Facebook event with more info here.
- The Pure Market is back at the Amstelpark for the first time this new season. Shop for food items and go for a picknick, but they also have lots of non-food items and live music. Click here for the Facebook event.
- In a former bank building is now The Bank Hotel, and in that hotel all-day spot Roebling’s has opened its doors. Have a seat on one of the Chesterfield couches or under the huge skyroof.
- Live music, drinks and food. Those are the three main ingredients for the Social Sunday Sessions at The Butcher Social Club in the A’DAM Toren. This Sunday it’s a combination between jazz and trendy pop music. Check out the Facebook event here.
- Feel like going to see a movie? This month lots of movies have premiered again, check out the movies you want to see in theatre this April here!
- Would you like to stay up to date of all the spots that are opening soon? Then keep an eye on our ‘Coming Soon‘ list!
- Feel like meeting up with friends this weekend? How about: one of these best coffee bars in Amsterdam? Or at one of these nice wine bars?
YourLBB's newest lists
Amsterdam Light Festival 2023/2024: all you need to know about the artworks, canal cruises and routes // Nov 30 – Jan 21
and make sure to not forget these tips…
- Craving a walk in the park and a drink afterwards? Then check out the best spots close to the Vondelpark!
- Would you like to visit a sunny terrace this weekend, but you don’t know which one to pick? Click here for our list with the 59 best terraces in Amsterdam in every neighbourhood!
- Like to make some cultural trips this April? Check out our list with expositions you can visit this month!
- Don’t have any inspiration on what to do? Check out our Amsterdam Bucketlist with 56 things you’d want to have done at least once in your life!
- Tip: We have many more lists! Check them here >>
PSSSST… YOU CAN FIND MORE (TRAVEL) TIPS IN MY BOOKS!
- Feed Your Wanderlust – Travel Guide for a bohemian lifestyle (new in 2018)
- Staycation – 22 guides and shortlists for a vacation close to home (new in 2018)
- Wanderlust – Urban Travel Style Guide
- De Amsterdam City Guide (Dutch) & The Amsterdam City Guide (English)