Amsterdam Weekend Guide for October 31 and November 1 & 2!
There is so much to do and see this weekend in Amsterdam! Of course you don’t want to miss: Museumnacht and Halloween! Make sure to check out our guides with shortlist for both events. But don’t worry, when you’re not a horror lover or into culture… There’s much more to do! Discover it in the Amsterdam Weekend Guide.
As you know I’m always on the run to discover cool new places. You can follow my daily adventures on Instagram and Twitter. Search for Your Little Black Book via @yourlbb!
PS: Every Friday around 11.45 am I share some of my favourite things to do on Amsterdam FM!
– Rijks is the new upscale restaurant at the Rijksmuseum with Chef Joris Bijdendijk opens this weekend! Discover Rijks here!
– New for healthy juices & more! Roots at the Amstelveenseweg. Try the number 2!
– Burgers are hot! I heard that Thrill Grill at the Gerard Doustraat opens the doors this weekend. Not confirmed on Facebook but check it out if you’re in the erea ;-).
– New all day breakfast spot in town! Paper Planes at the Rokin serves LA breakfast with a DJ between 4-8 pm!
– Ice skating at the Jaap Eden Ijsbaan is hotter than ever now we can enjoy cheese fondue and other winter-ish dishes at the coolest canteen in Amsterdam called: Cafe Jaap.
– This weekend is the first edition of the Vegan festival: VegFest! With a food market and more at the Martin Luther King church. November 1. More info here.
– Best place for Friday after work drinks this weekend is Edelwise! October 31 at Het Sieraad.
– November 2 there’s a Sunday Market again at Westerpark. Food, drinks and crafts!
– Yourlbb created lists to guide you through all our favourite spots:
* 20 of the newest restaurants in Amsterdam
* 9 best places to drink G&T’s in Amsterdam
* 10 restaurants where parking your car is no problem
* 20 new places for coffee and lunch
* 20 new restaurant hotspots
* 10 favourite healthy spots
* 5 Saturday food markets
– Coming soon:
* George Burger Bistro
* Americano Bar & Kitchen
More foodie proof recs that are around every weekend:
– Brunch is hot in Amsterdam!
* Here’s a link to all the brunch spots in Amsterdam Yourlbb loves.
*Saturday and Sunday you can book your spot on G’s (former G&T’s) brunch boat! Sailing at 11 am or 13.30 pm. Reservations via email@example.com.
– 2 pop-up restaurants in Amsterdam! Foyer (LOVE this place!!), Henk (until December 2014)!
– Best oyster happy hour in Amsterdam! Every Saturday and Sunday between 3 – 7 pm at Hugo’s Bar & Kitchen. All oysters for only € 1,-! Great deal right?! And soooo NY ;-).
– Only this weekend! The Blow-up Pop-up at the Jan van Galenstraat 109 in Amsterdam West. Met vintage, food, kunt en meer. Check the website for more info!
– Have you been to the new &Other Stories shop in Amsterdam yet?
– Pop-up store Gekaapt is back! You find this cool store with local indy brands for 6 months at the Bilderijkstraat. With Nikki Namasté, Doing Goods, Cup of Jo & others. More info & photos here >>.
– Miuse is a new concept store at De Pijp for a collection of beautiful labels for ladies. Gerard Doustaat 80.
– Good news! The Things I Like, Things I Love, stores stays at De Pijp. For good!
– Last 2 weeks for pop-up store MP 211.
– Anna + Nina, one of my favourite concept stores in Amsterdam opened a 2nd location. More info here.
– Drie of my favourite vintage shops in Amsterdam:
* Tatski & Kar at Koningsstraat 27a.
* Libertine is a gallery slash store for vintage curiosities at the Prinsengracht.
* Kaufhaus is a cool vintage clothing and furniture store at the Sweelinckstraat 21 in Amsterdam.
– 5 x Halloween in Amsterdam. Check the best parties in this shortlist.
– November 1 it’s Museumnacht. Yourlbb listed the 10 must sees for you in one overview. Click here.
– Always cool for inspiration: the Affordable Art Fair at the Kromhouthal in Amsterdam North. Until November 2!
– New expo at the Eduard Planting Gallery! Fashion photographer Rohn Meijer “Dreams go on”. Until December 1.
– November 1 & 2 there’s an art route in Amsterdam Old South. With open ateliers and more. Check the agenda here.
– Do you like street art? Check the new expo at the Go Gallery on the Prinsengracht for “Spread Your Wings”. Two artists, two styles! Until December 31.
– Pllek celebrates its 2,5 year bday many cool things to do on the weekends. Check the full schedule here.
– Pefect date night! Go to the movies at De Filmhallen at De Hallen in West. Go for a dinner at De Foodhallen, Remise47, Halte 3 or Meat West before the film starts!
– Check out the Museum Night on November 1!
– Check out these expositions at photo museum FOAM:
* JH Engström – Close Surrounding | until December 10
* Last weekend! Winner Foam Paul Huf Award 2014 – Daniel Gordon | until November 2
– Many after parties for Musuem Night or horror parties for Halloween!
– My favourite clubs in Amsterdam for techno: Studio 80, Canvas & Club Trouw.
– A bit older crowd, great tunes and good vibe: Disco Dolly.
My long list of hotspots that I’ve been to recently or that are top of my mind!
– The 20 new hottest restaurants in town in one list.
– De Foodhallen are open! I’ve been there 3 times already and I love it there. Many food stalls with great food, a bar for drinks and a nice crowd who likes to food too.
– Have you been to Remise47 yet? Also located at De Hallen but then at the design hotel. Nice spot for dinner and cocktails.
– New bar in town! Bar Jones at the Nes. Just a laid back place for drinks with a vintage interior.
– Sotto is a nice pizza place who now has a second location at the Roelof Hartstraat. Pizza, like pizza is supposed to be!
– Back to Black is a new coffee bar in the heart of Amsterdam. At this cool concept everything is for sale. More about Back to Black here.
– Psssst… did you know that the Marie Stella Maris archive has a cute coffee and water cafe in the basement? Just saying ;-).
– Betty Blue is a cool new pastry store in the city center which is all about sweet stuff. Yum!
PS: more hotspots are in the Amsterdam Little Black Book. A city guide to Amsterdam with the best restaurants, shops and things to do. Always new addresses coming up so check out your online Little Black Book daily for the latest hotspots in town!
Tip: discover more city- and travel guides by @yourlbb!
Anne de Buck
- Amsterdam Tips -
- To do -
How fun is this? Discover Amsterdam on a 2.5-hour e-fat bike tour through the center and Amsterdam North.More info & tickets »
Fabrique des Lumières
Perhaps the best new experience in Amsterdam West where art comes to life!Reserve a time slot »
STRAAT street art Museum
STRAAT is Amsterdam’s newest museum that is entirely devoted to street art.Search for tickets »
- Stay -
Pillows Maurits Park
Pillows Maurits at the Park is one of the best new hotels in Amsterdam with spa and wellness.Discover prices »
Hotel Jakarta is sustainable, has a wonderful Indonesian restaurant and a nice swimming pool.Discover prices »
Hotel Boat & Co
Affordable and family-proof hotel with studios and a cozy restaurant near the Westerpark.Discover prices »
- Deals -
Antwerp from € 21,-
What about a day trip to Antwerp? Go by train! Check the direct connections here.Find train tickets »
London return from € 91,-
Travel in 4 hours and 13 minutes and without changing trains with the Eurostar from Amsterdam to London.Find train tickets »
Paris from € 35,-
Much more relaxed than flying! With the Thalys to Paris and get off at Gare du Nord.Find train tickets »