Weekend ideas for April 29, 30 & May 1
I hope you all had an amazing time on Kingsday! The weather was soooo good :-) There are always less things to do the weekend after a national holiday. But of course we also selected the most fun things to do this week for you. This Sunday it’s time again for the Sunday Market at the Westergasfabriek. And you can taste delicious fresh fish at the new location of The Seafood Bar in De Pijp! And all the ladies have to go to the Fabienne Chapot (aka Fab.) sample sale! As you see, there’s something for everyone this weekend! Curious about all the other fun stuff? Check this Amsterdam Weekend Guide! >> Enjoy!
PS: you can listen to the Amsterdam Weekend Guide on Amsterdam FM every Friday around 11:45!
– Yes, The Seafood Bar has an extra location! From now on, we can also get our favorite fish in De Pijp!
– And there is also another brand new hotspot in De Pijp. Next time you’ll go to Café Cees for your Friday afternoon drink! This cosy spot is the ideal place for a fun evening with friends!
– A fan of the French kitchen? Than you have to reserve a table at Restaurant Bleu! Right in the city centre of Amsterdam you’ll imagine yourself in the heart of France.
– Finally we can tell you the second location of Happyhappyjoyjoy will be in East. And we’re very happy about that! Because we think that shared dining in the Asian way is a perfect combo.
– Not feel like going outside but you want to spoil yourself with a delicious dish? Than you have to bring the restaurant at yours. From now on, foodora delivers star dishes and the courier serves them for you!
– If you’re looking for a delicious breakfast on Saturday, you have to be at Instock! During this edition of Chef’s Breakfast they also invited a great guest! Are you interested in a nice four course breakfast? Get your tickets here!
– If you didn’t dance enough during Kingsday, you have to go to Pllek for Feeling Friday! Because we think a dine & dance is the ideal start of your weekend.
-We love these places for Friday afterwork drinks:
* Check our list with 10 Friday afterwork drinks spots in Amsterdam!
* Pllek is always a good idea for Feeling Friday.
* SoSo Lobi at Waterkant is highly recommended for summer vibes, beer and roti!
Some foodie proof lists to make your life easier :-)
* 32 x restaurants in Amsterdam you must have dinner once
* 19 nicest breakfast spots in town
* 20 healthy hotspots we love
* 47 great coffee bars in Amsterdam
* 24 cocktail bars in Amsterdam
Check the blog for more lists! >>
– If you want to make pictures like a pro, you have to go to the CJP Cursus Portretfotografie at Foam. During this photography class you’ll learn all the tips & tricks to make the perfect portrait photo! This summer, you’ll take the best pictures of your friends and family ;-)
– With the last Friday of the month, it’s also time to disco swim at De Mirandabad! Put on your favorite bikini or swimsuit and go loose at the wettest disco of Amsterdam!
– Looking for a new hobby? Then definitely try out the Acro Yoga Workshop at Pllek! No worries, this workshop is suitable for everyone who wants a fun Sunday morning!
– Later that day, you can enjoy some live music at Pllek during Laidback Llive!
– Looking for an inspirational Sunday? Read all about Sunday fun stuff in Amsterdam here.
– Finally, we can make our fortune at the Fabienne Chapot (aka Fab.) sample sale. Buy beautiful items of this trendy brand for small prices this weekend.
– Looking for nice trip on Saturday? Go to North because it’s time for Pekmarkt! Enjoy some great performances or buy the most delicious ingredients for dinner.
– It’s the first Sunday of the month and that only means one thing: Sunday Market! Stroll around all day and have a look at the many stands or participate in some of the fun to dos!
– Looking for nice addresses in the Jordaan? Check this list and discover the best hotspots!
– There are so much cool shops in Amsterdam! Check them here! >>
– Amy Winehouse fans can go to The Jewish Historical Museum this weekend. During the Amy Winehouse: A Family Portrait you’ll get a glimpse in the private live of the deceased star. This intimate and personal exposition was put together by Amy’s brother Alex Winehouse.
– In the Nieuwe Kerk you can visit the World Press Photo 16 until July 10. During this exposition, you can admire the impressive photography of many price winning (press) photographers.
– Bring a visit to the brand new museum in Amsterdam. The Moco Museum focuses on Modern Contemporary Art. Andy Warhol and Banksy are the first artists to expose their work in Moco.
– If you’re a fan of the expressive movement De Amsterdams School, you have to visit Stedelijk. During the exposition Wonen in de Amsterdamse School you’ll be able to have a look at more than 500 designs of Jaap Gidding, Michel de Klerk, Piet Kramer, Hildo Krop and Marie Kuyken.
– Another one at Foam: From April 8 till June 5, you can admire the beautiful art of Roe Ethridge at Foam. In Shelter Islandhe shows you the end of a nostalgic Summer. Ethridge combines commercial photography with the fine art of photography.
– This one has to be on your to do list: the Catwalk exhibition in the Philipsvleugel of the Rijksmuseum. Rijks presents fashion of the Netherlands from 1625 to 1960. A must visit for fashion lovers!
– Have you already been to Close-Up – A New Generation of Film and Video Artists in the Netherlands at EYE Film Instituut? An exhibition featuring numerous recent film and video works and spatial installations by a new generation of filmmakers and artists in the Netherlands.
– A must visit expo at Tassenmuseum Hendrikje: Street Couture. At this exhibition it’s all about mix and match: high end fashion is combined with street fashion, sports and pop culture.
– Stick around after the Pubquiz at Het Blauwe Theehuis because the real party will start afterwards at RenB XXXL. Celebrate your victory and go loose on the best hip hop and R&B songs.
– Another fun R&B and hip hop party is the Vieze Poezendek on Friday at AIR Amsterdam. Be ready for a fun evening and some good music!
– On Saturday, you have to be at Elephant du Congo! During this third edition of Heartbreak Hotel, it’s time to take the crowns off the shelf because it’s ‘The Royal Edition’. Be prepared for a rebellious night, innocent flirting and delicious Hennessy Love Shots!
– It’s also time for White Label this weekend. With Radion’s favorite deejays behind the decks, this will definitely be a great night!
– Looking for something totally new? Than you have to be at Chicago Social Club! For the first time, they present the new concept FZN with the best disco and house music.
– Want to go clubbing this weekend? Get to know the 13 clubs in Amsterdam where you must go dancing.
– Feel like dancing but not in the mood for clubbing? On Saturday Pllek is thé place to be! DJs wil play some of the best records at dinner time and late into the night. After dinner the tables will be set aside so you can dance! See you at Beatroots!
– Up for some good weekend music? Every month we make a new playlist on Spotify! Check our playlists here >>
- Amsterdam Tips -
- To do -
Amsterdam Light festival
The Amsterdam Light Festival 2023/2024 are now on sale!More info & tickets »
Rent a bike!
Do you want to see a lot in a short time? Rent a bike and discover the city in a day.Rent a bike here »
Fabrique des Lumières
Perhaps the best new experience in Amsterdam West where art comes to life!Reserve a time slot »
- Stay -
Pillows Maurits Park
Pillows Maurits at the Park is one of the best new hotels in Amsterdam with spa and wellness.Discover prices »
Hotel Jakarta is sustainable, has a wonderful Indonesian restaurant and a nice swimming pool.Discover prices »
Hotel Boat & Co
Affordable and family-proof hotel with studios and a cozy restaurant near the Westerpark.Discover prices »
- Deals -
Antwerp from € 21,-
What about a day trip to Antwerp? Go by train! Check the direct connections here.Find train tickets »
London return from € 91,-
Travel in 4 hours and 13 minutes and without changing trains with the Eurostar from Amsterdam to London.Find train tickets »
Paris from € 35,-
Much more relaxed than flying! With the Thalys to Paris and get off at Gare du Nord.Find train tickets »