Amsterdam Weekend Guide for July 11, 12 and 13!
We want summer in the city! While I enjoy my last days of holiday in cool Istanbul Amsterdam is full of fun things to do. The Amsterdam Fashion Week is in full swing. This year no front row watching for me though. Plenty of festivals to choose from too. From theater festival Over het IJ to house music at ADATP. Or check out one of the new restaurant hotspots in town this weekend!
Every Friday I’m a guest on Amsterdam FM where I share my favourite things to do in the Amsterdam Weekend Guide. Happy weekend everyone!
– Salad bar SLA opened a 3rd location in Amsterdam. SLA Zuidas serves you lunch and breakfast during business hours. Yay!
– Porter Bar & Kitchen is the newest hotspot in Amsterdam Old South. From lunch to dinner!
– &Samhoud Places has a new foodie concept on Sunday! Feel Good Sunday starts at July 13 between 12 and 5 pm. The first edition there’s a special tasting menu for € 25,- with a welcome Cocktail, Happy Oysters, Streetstyle Fish Specialties, Gastro Burgers Tasting, Live Music and DJ Beats. Check the event on Facebook here!
– Last week I blogged about 20 new restaurant hotspots in Amsterdam. Plenty of inspiration for your next dinner date.
– Do you have your own boat? Check out Bluespoon on Board for the best take out on the Prinsengracht!
– Vuurtoreneiland is back! You can now book your dinner at this very special restaurant at an island near Amsterdam.
– Two tips for a great weekend brunch. Brunch is hot in Amsterdam!
* Saturday and Sunday you can book your spot on G’s (former G&T’s) brunch boat! Sailing at 11 am or 13.30 pm. Reservations via email@example.com.
* Bennys and Marys are back at Struik this weekend on Saturday and Sunday. More info here.
– Best oyster happy hours in Amsterdam! Every Saturday and Sunday between 3 – 7 pm at Hugo’s Bar & Kitchen. All oysters for only € 1,-! Great deal right?! And soooo NY ;-).
– Nothing better than shopping at the weekly farmers markets in Amsterdam. Our Saturday favourites!
– Always great for some good healthy food on Saturday or Sunday: my 10 favourite healthy hotspots here.
– It’s Amsterdam Fashion Week again! Check out the full schedule here.
– Over het IJ festival is a cool theater festival in Amsterdam North. Until July 13!
– Are you going on a date soon? Why not check out one of the summer sessions at North Sea Jazzclub in Amsterdam West?
– Live concerts at the Amsterdamse Bos. All summer long at the open air theater in the forest! Yay :-).
– Every summer one of my fav things to do! The ZOOmer avonden at Artis.
– New expo at the Stadsarchief. Vintage Amsterdam photos by legend Ed van er Elsken.
– The Vondelpark Openluchttheater (open air theater) is back in business every Sunday! Check the website for the latest artists.
– Last week I went to the new theater show about the diaries of Anne Frank. Beautiful stage and great to see the story at Theater Amsterdam (Dutch speaking).
– This weekend it’s time for A Day At The Park at the Amsterdam forest.
– Club Odeon has a cool new club night on Friday: Nachtdieren!
– A bit older crowd, great tunes and good vibe: Disco Dolly.
– Two new expositions in photo museum FOAM:
* Larry Clark – Tulsa & Teenage Lust – until September 12
* Don’t Stop Now: Fashion Photography Next – until September 7
– NEW photo expo at Felix and Foam! 5 years of talent is all about the young photography talents from The Netherlands. Until September 30.
– Did you know that the Van Gogh Museum is open till late every Friday? To me it feels very NY where the Guggenheim museum hosts cool parties during the weekend nights.
– New store in town! At the Thuyskamer all products are for sale. And the good news is that everything is made from re-used materials. Great concept.
– New at the Kinkerstraat! Gekaapt the latest pop-up by the guys from the Jan Eef.
– Three of my favourite vintage shops in Amsterdam:
* Trash to Treasure has a new location at the Van Baerlestraat 97.
* Tatski & Kar celebrated their 1st year anniversary. Congrats girls! You can check out their store at Koningsstraat 27a.
* Libertine is the newest project of Casper Reinders. It’s a gallery slash store for vintage curiosities at the Prinsengracht.
* Kaufhaus is a cool vintage clothing and furniture store at the Sweelinckstraat 21 in Amsterdam.
– I blogged about many other cool stores that opened the doors this years. Discover 5 other new stores in Amsterdam here.
My long list of hotspots that I’ve been to recently or that are top of my mind!
– Rooftop bar and restaurant Canvas opened the doors again last week! Beautiful view over Amsterdam East and delicious dishes.
PS: more hotspots are in the Amsterdam Little Black Book. A city guide to Amsterdam with the best restaurants, shops and things to do. Always new addresses coming up so check out your online Little Black Book daily for the latest hotspots in town!
Anne de Buck
- Read more? -