YES WEEKEND! Time to spend time with your lover, friends and family in Amsterdam. Where to go and what to do? We collected our favourite to do’s for this weekend! What do you think of a masterclass ‘Happiness is something you can learn’, an exclusive sushi brunch on a boat or having a brunch at Strangelove and going to the movies afterwards at LAB 111? What else is there to do in the city? You’ll read all about it in this Amsterdam Weekend Guide for Friday April 28, Saturday 29, and Sunday 30!
TIP: I’m sooo excited that our Amsterdam City Guide app is finally here. With 700 of the best addresses we collected during 5 years of Your Little Black Book. From lunch spots to neighborhood guides, restaurants and a nearby map search so you can always find a spot close by. Available for iOS and Android, for just € 3,49. I really hope you like this new extension of Your Little Black Book!
Have you already seen the new weekvlog? Make sure to SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel and feed your wanderlust with new travel videos every week!
SUBSCRIBE TO YOURLBB.TV HERE >>
- The nicest culinary festival of the year is just around the corner. Save the date for June 2 -5, because on those days, Taste of Amsterdam is back in the Amstelpark with their 9th edition. And the good news is that you can now buy two tickets for just € 15,-!
- Having a hangover? Check out these 10 spots for the perfect hangover lunch!
- On Saturday you can go to Bar Bra for the Caribbean Feast. You’ll get small dishes from the Caribbean, cocktails and you can dance on the best music. Come and spice up your life!
- Three tips to make your dreams come true! What’s standing on your bucketlist for years already that you need motivation for?
Spring is the best time for fresh wines from Südtirol, Friuli and Veneto. Enoteca Sprezzatura is organizing a masterclass and a tasting on Sunday about these areas at one of the best wine spots in Amsterdam, the Wester Wijnfabriek.
Always wanted to eat sushi on a boat? It’s possible! This Sunday you can enjoy an exclusive sushi brunch on a boat with a different lounge places. Nice!
- Would you rather have a proper Sunday Roast with deliciously prepared meat? Last Sunday we went to the Sunday Roast at Mr. Porter in the W Hotel and my-oh-my, it was so good. Read the blog here!
- Skatecafé en Dansé Dansé are making sure that you’re going to have a nice Saturday with good food and good music from the best DJ’s!
- The Zuidas is hot! Check these 18 spots to have a bite!
This Sunday it’s Restaurant evening at Rijk van de Keizer where you can enjoy a lovely dinner.
- Want to know what restaurants are opening soon? Then keep an eye on our ‘Coming Soon‘ list! We just filled it up with new gems.
- Every Sunday you can go to Visaandeschelde for the Bouillabaisse Sunday! You’ll get Bouillabaisse and a glass Poule de Pic for only €25 per person.
- YES, SUSHISAMBA is finally coming to Amsterdam!
Every Friday, Saturday and Sunday you can have a brunch at Strangelove. Full? Than you can go to the movies at LAB 111 with this Sunday the movie: ‘Brother, Where Art Thou?’
Every Saturday you can take your friends to the Borrel Dinner Party at the Kroon. Order one of the borrel plates, enjoy good music and nice people. The cocktails are only 6 euros, yes!
- These are the 9 newest restaurants of April, where have you been already?
- Want to healthy but not in the mood to cook? Order online because we put our 17 favourite healthy order spots on a list for you, and the best spots in Amsterdam West where you can also order food and Amsterdam East!
Pension Homeland and Homeland Brewery are organizing every last Sunday of the month a beer dinner. A beer menu where beer is the main subject and where the food compliments the beer.
On Saturday it’s World Disco Soup Day x Amsterdam. On this day you can enjoy homemade soup from saved vegetables, you can try out homemade lemonade and beer from BRET, dance on some nice tunes and meet the people who are coming up for the spilling food problem in our world.
- Up for ceviche? Always! That’s why we gathered these 10 spots in Amsterdam to order it!
Tip: We have a lot more nice lists! Check them here >>
- Have you already seen our list with the best festivals that are happening soon? Quickly buy your tickets!
- Are your plants always dead before you know it? Then come to the reading ‘How can my plant survive’ and learn everything about these creatures and how we can make sure they survive.
- No idea what to do today? We made thé Amsterdam Bucketlist with 56 things you need to do at least once in your life in Amsterdam.
- On Sunday you can visit the
Zondag kun je naar de fabrics market in West. 200 market stalls with the finest fabrics, the beautiful designs and the accompanying sculptures are ready for you.
This Saturday you can come up for Climate Change at Museumplein by walking the People’s Climate March. At the same time people are walking in New York, London and Copenhagen, Kyoto, Kampala and more.
- Are you in need of a city escape? Book a weekend away at Blooming Hotel in Bergen and enjoy the beach, good food and some me-time!
- Festivals are not only nice in the Netherlands, how nice is it to go to another country with friends and go all out? We gathered our favourite festivals abroad to go to this year!
In for a cultural afternoon? These are the best exhibitions in Amsterdam this month!
Until May 14 you can spot lots of tulips in Amsterdam. For the tulip festival they have planted a tulip for every Amsterdammer, so that means around 800.000 tulips!
- Can you use a confident boost? On Saturday you can visit the Masterclass ‘Happiness is something you can learn’ at RADION.
- These are the best festivals, parties and events on Liberation Day! How are you going to celebrate freedom on May 5?
- Plan a movie date with your lover or friends, you nee to watch these movies at the cinema this month!
- Mark the date: on October 12 you can go to Onbrand, the event for start-ups, marketing professionals and influencers!
Visit the SUPER SAMPLE SALE by Daylliance x The Rub Scrub x Eline Rosina Jewelry and shop items with discounts up till 75%!
- Good news! Saks OFF 5th Avenue is opening a store in Amsterdam soon!
NICE, NICE, NICE: the new collection is in at X Bank in de Spuistraat. So go and let yourself be surprised by this 700 m2 shop, where they sell the most beautiful Dutch Design. We’re fans!
TIP: WE ARE SO PROUD OF THIS… Buy a subscription to Glamour and you won’t only receive Glamour 6 times, but also the Yourlbb book ‘Wanderlust’, worth €40,94, but now together for €19!
- Earrings are hot, which one do you already have?
- Want to know more about the Love Hotels in Japan? This Saturday you can visit the ‘Love Hotel: ラブホテル Art Exhibition’ in the new Love Hotel Collective.
Starting March 31 you can go to the Tropenmuseum to the exhibition Body Art where you learn everything about body decorations. From make-up and tattoos, to skin implants and surgical changes. Nice!
- Until June 7 you can go to Wiliam Eggleston in FOAM, one of the worlds leading photographers shows his work made during roadtrips through Southern states in America.
- In the Stedelijk Museum you can see Verliefde Camera by Ed van der Elksen. One of the biggest Dutch photographers and documentary filmmakers of the 20th century shows his best work of the last 25 years. You can see the exhibition until May 21.
- TIP: Do you need more inspiration? Check out the other 12 exhibitions in Amsterdam of this month.
This Saturday you can enjoy the best of vinyl at Zwarte Liefde at Cut Throat. An evening with the nice analog sound of the black gold. Hip, Hop, RNB, Disco, Funk, Soul and Jazz.
- End your week at Sloppy Sundae at Disco Dolly, the perfect place to forget your hangover and weird actions of the weekend.
- Up for a Girls Night Out? Visit this Saturday Encore and get a free entrance before 1 AM.
Amsterdam Roest knows the struggles we’re facing. ‘Cause Thursday is not the perfect day to go out for Kingsday. Most of us need to work on Friday so that’s why they introduced a second Kingsday for us on Friday!
At Bitterzoet you can go to a nice party of DROPOUT this Saturday. Fresh Hip-Hop, smooth R&B, grindin’ Dancehall, Dope Futurebeats, alle we like!
- And of course there’s another nice party at Chicago Social Club; Club MAFB x KLEAR!
- Pllek exists on April 30, 2017 for five years. And that means that there are five more years to come, given the ten-year license. Pllek is half of her existence, and we are going to celebrate the 29th of September on Saturday 29th and Sunday 30th April with the best music. If the sun shines you can even go to the BBQ – 100% vega!
At Jimmy Woo there’s a GLOWINTHEDARK party on Saturday, Nice!
THINGS TO DO:
⋙ Canal Cruise by day or in the evening
⋙ A bike tour through Amsterdam OR Rent a bike by yourself
⋙ The best view over Amsterdam from the A’DAM Lookout
⋙ Visit Artis Royal Zoo
⋙ Rijksmuseum with the Dutch masters
⋙ Van Gogh Museum, a staple in Amsterdam
⋙ Stedelijk Museum for modern art lovers
⋙ MOCO Museum for street art
⋙ Photography museum FOAM
⋙ Amsterdam Light Festival (during winter months)
⋙ Cruise like a local with your own boat (great with good weather!)
ONE OF A KIND:
⋙ Discover the Instagrammable experience WONDR
⋙ Red Light District tour
⋙ Get out of town and into the Dutch country side of Giethoorn
| TIP: Buy an I amsterdam City Card. Save money on entrance fees to museums and attractions, public transport and profit from discounts on everything from restaurants to concerts. You can also skip some lines to make the most of your time in Amsterdam! You can buy a card for 24 hours up to 120 hours. Check the prices here >>
Our favourite hotels:
AFFORDABLE // €
☾ Generator Hostel: the best poshtel of the city located in a park.
☾ The Student Hotel: budget proof in trendy East.
☾ Het Volkshotel: affordable and with a cool rooftop bar.
☾ CitizenM: all you need is that XL bed (location near Amstel is great).
☾ Motel One: budget design hotel with locations at
VERY VERY NICE // €€
☾ Hotel V: with two locations and a great restaurant, in the city center and East.
☾ Sir Adam: with the coolest view over Amsterdam.
☾ Sweets: a unique stay in former bridge houses.
☾ Park Plaza Vondelpark: located next to Vondelpark and beautifully renovated.
☾ Hotel Dwars: small scale around the corner of the trendy Utrechtsestraat.
☾ Pillows Anna van den Vondel: great hotel close to Vondelpark.
☾ Hotel Mercier: new hotel in the cosy and historic Jordaan district.
☾ INK Hotel: lifestyle hotel in the heart of the city.
☾ The Hoxton: favourite lifestyle hotel right on the canals.
☾ Morgan & Mees: boutique hotel in Amsterdam West.
☾ Conscious Hotel Westerpark: in a beautiful building at the industrial Westergas area.
☾ QO Amsterdam: eco design hotel with a great skybar.
TOP LUXURY // €€€
☾ Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam: if you have something to celebrate this is the one.
☾ Pulitzer Amsterdam: on the canals at the border of the Nine Streets and the Jordaan.
☾ L’Europe: this hotel has the best spa with a view in Amsterdam.
☾ Conservatorium Hotel: located in one of the most beautiful buildings in town.
☾ W Amsterdam: with great restaurants and a rooftop bar with swimming pool.
Let’s get social
I really hope you enjoy your time in Amsterdam! On my Instagram account @yourlbb you can find more recommendations and new hotspots in town.
Follow @yourlbb on Instagram
| PS: Traveling to Amsterdam with kids? My other website Travelkids.co & @travelkids.co is dedicated to family friendly travel. Check it out here >>
- Amsterdam Tips -
- To do -
How fun is this? Discover Amsterdam on a 2.5-hour e-fat bike tour through the center and Amsterdam North.More info & tickets »
Fabrique des Lumières
Perhaps the best new experience in Amsterdam West where art comes to life!Reserve a time slot »
STRAAT street art Museum
STRAAT is Amsterdam’s newest museum that is entirely devoted to street art.Search for tickets »
- Stay -
Pillows Maurits Park
Pillows Maurits at the Park is one of the best new hotels in Amsterdam with spa and wellness.Discover prices »
Hotel Jakarta is sustainable, has a wonderful Indonesian restaurant and a nice swimming pool.Discover prices »
Hotel Boat & Co
Affordable and family-proof hotel with studios and a cozy restaurant near the Westerpark.Discover prices »
- Deals -
Antwerp from € 21,-
What about a day trip to Antwerp? Go by train! Check the direct connections here.Find train tickets »
London return from € 91,-
Travel in 4 hours and 13 minutes and without changing trains with the Eurostar from Amsterdam to London.Find train tickets »
Paris from € 35,-
Much more relaxed than flying! With the Thalys to Paris and get off at Gare du Nord.Find train tickets »