Weekend tips for December 25, 26 & 27
So, this is Christmas! And I am so exited to celebrate it with my family in beautiful Switzerland. What are your plans? At Yourlbb we look back this month on all the fun spots that have opened this year. Wondering what the best hotspots were the last months? Check out our “Best of … 2015 ‘lists! We’ll also share a VLOGMAS video on Facebook, YOURLBB.TV and on yourlittleblackbook.me every day. With bucket list trips, the best coffee spots and must visit expos. Go check it out! >> Merry Christmas!
PS. Are still in doubt what you want to do with New Year’s Eve? Check our blog with the best parties for New Years Eve! And some energy left for a party on January 1st? We selected the best parties for New Years Day for you!
YOURLBB.TV IS GIVING AWAY DINNERS!
The whole month of December we’re giving away gift cards for restaurants all over The Netherlands. Every week you can win a ‘Diner Cadeaukaart’ worth € 100,- you can use for example at our favourite hotspots like Volt and Envy in Amsterdam. How you can win? We give away the gift cards to new subscribers on our Youtube channel YOURLBB.TV! You can subscribe to the channel here! Every week we will announce the winners in the blog on the website.
PS: listen to Amsterdam FM for my personal tips from the Amsterdam Weekend Guide. Live, every Friday, at 11.45!
– Want to go out for dinner this Christmas? Please note that not all restaurants are open during the holidays. But good news: these 24 restaurants are!
– Or check the best restaurants of 2015: all of them are must visits!
– We love these places for Friday afterwork drinks!:
* Check our list with 10 Friday afterwork drinks spots in Amsterdam!
* Pllek is always a good idea for Feeling Friday.
* SoSo Lobi at Waterkant is highly recommended for summer vibes, beer and roti!
Some foodie proof lists to make your life easier :-)
* 30 restaurants in the city center
* 19 nicest breakfast spots in town
* 14 healthy hotspots we love
* 47 great coffee bars in Amsterdam
* 24 cocktail bars in Amsterdam
Check the blog for more lists! >>
– Also cool: Wintermarkt Amsterdam at Rembrandtplein. For winter bites and drinks. This market is open until January 17.
– What else is there to do on Christmas? You can read it here! From the Wintercircus tot the Winter parade.
– Come and see the cool light artworks of Amsterdam Light Festival! Go by foot or do it differently and go by boot. In town until January 17.
– Forgot to do your Christmas shopping? Note that most shops close early on Christmas Eve, they are completely closed on 1st Christmas and 2nd Christmas most shops have different opening hours. Where should you shop? Read about the best shops of 2015!
– Pop-up store Crafts for Christmas is in town till the 3rd of January. Here you can buy beautiful porcelain and jewllery.
– There are much more cool shops in Amsterdam! Check them here >>
– Do you want to go shopping in Amsterdam North? Check this video for our favourite addresses.
– Artist Tino Seghal creates live situations within the crowd. Visit this way of art in the Stedelijk Museum until the last December 31.
– At Foam you can see We May Have Met Before. Seven Chinese artists give insight in China with focus on the cultural climate, artistic developments and photography.
– The Amsterdam Museum also has a cool exhibition: Graffiti: New York Meets the Dam. The exhibition shows graffiti from New York and Amsterdam from the 70 & 80’s.
– Let’s go back to the 60s! At the Tropenmuseum with the The Sixties expo! Fashion, design, music, architecture and photographs from the 60’s are exposed.
– Also nice to go to: the Christmas edition of the Pineappel Club this Saturday!
– Or dance until late hours at Disco Dolly!
– Up for some good weekend music? Especially for Christmas we made a Happy Christmas Playlist >>
- Amsterdam Tips -
- To do -
Amsterdam Light festival
The Amsterdam Light Festival 2023/2024 are now on sale!More info & tickets »
Rent a bike!
Do you want to see a lot in a short time? Rent a bike and discover the city in a day.Rent a bike here »
Fabrique des Lumières
Perhaps the best new experience in Amsterdam West where art comes to life!Reserve a time slot »
- Stay -
Pillows Maurits Park
Pillows Maurits at the Park is one of the best new hotels in Amsterdam with spa and wellness.Discover prices »
Hotel Jakarta is sustainable, has a wonderful Indonesian restaurant and a nice swimming pool.Discover prices »
Hotel Boat & Co
Affordable and family-proof hotel with studios and a cozy restaurant near the Westerpark.Discover prices »
- Deals -
Antwerp from € 21,-
What about a day trip to Antwerp? Go by train! Check the direct connections here.Find train tickets »
London return from € 91,-
Travel in 4 hours and 13 minutes and without changing trains with the Eurostar from Amsterdam to London.Find train tickets »
Paris from € 35,-
Much more relaxed than flying! With the Thalys to Paris and get off at Gare du Nord.Find train tickets »