23, 24 and 25 August Amsterdam weekend guide!
I’m a weekly guest with Your Little Black Book on English Breakfast Radio (local radio
99.4 FM). Every week I create an Amsterdam weekend guide with only the best handpicked things to do in Amsterdam! With a lot of cool events to celebrete summer in the city :-)
Shopping – Amsterdam Weekend Guide
– I LOVE markets! This weekend in Amsterdam Oost at the Oostpoort there’s a Pop-up Market handcraft edition with traditional craftsman producing trendy and modern product. Also a perfect market to shop vintage furniture with a personal story! August 24 10-18 hours.
– The rumour where all design lovers are talking about is that the Danish design brand HAY will open a store in Amsterdam. Soon this new Hay Amsterdam will open close to the Spui.
Out & About – Amsterdam Weekend Guide
– Tonight Magneet Festival will open it;s doors. For 3 weeks the Oostpunt will be the area of this creative and alternitive festival. Here it’s all about performing arts, music and theater. If you’re going try the new restaurant Magnetico!
– Aperativo XL is a new event in Amsterdam West! Around restaurant Du Cap at the Kwakersplein on Friday night August 23 the square will turn into a mini festival and on Saturday 24th you can enjoy food and drinks and more DJ’s!
– From 16 – 25 August it’s the annual ‘Grachtenfestival‘ or Canal Festival. All around town there are music performances. From classical to modern with as the highlight the Prinsengrachtconcert on August 24.
– Sunday August 25 Amsterdam Roest will be the place to be for modern hippies :-) with the Moderne Hippies Markt. At this cool market you can buy cute stuff like jewelry and vintage, but also fresh juices and good food. It promises to be a sunny day so perfect to head to Roest! Piece!!
– For the food lovers this Sunday there’s a Pure Markt at Park Frankendael again! Enjoy yummy organic food and local beers. And when you’re at the Pure Markt also visit the ‘Eat-in in de Moestuin’ lunch of the Youth Food Movement between 14-18 o’clock. Just bring a dish to share, free entrance!
– Festival tip of the week: Dekmantel weekender at the Amsterdam forest!
Still there to visit – Amsterdam Weekend Guide:
– Urban Campings are hot! In Amsterdam North you find Urban Campsite at the Vliegenbos. Here you can rent mobile objects that are transformed into mini cabins. Also fun restaurants like Bar Moustache do pop-up dinners at the Urban Campsite. Until September 30.
– The coolest theater festival is finally in town! The Parade is open daily from 9 – 25 August at the Martin Luther Kingpark with theater shows, silent disco, food and drinks!
– Floating pop-up restaurant in Amsterdam North from Chef’s Table. Expect the most culinary dishes at the beautiful location Undercurrent, a floating restaurant on the IJ!
– Now showing at the Amsterdamse Bos Theater: Cyrano! Bring your own picnic basket and enjoy a night of outdoor theater.
– If you’re looking for a unique dining experience book a table at the Zomerrestaurant. On Vuurtoren island, an island normally not open to the public, but close to Amsterdam a pop-up restaurant will open from Thursday to Sunday. A daily changing menu by some of the best known chef in Amsterdam. Reservations are required. Prices include the boat ride!
-The Artis Zoo summer nights are on again! Until the end of the summer Artis stays open on Saturdays until after 21 hours. With every Saturday live shows and a special programme.
– My favourite theater… the Vondelpark theater with shows every Sunday afternoon until August 25th. Free entrance! You can check out the agenda here.
– Fun for a Sunday walk is to stroll around Art Zuid. Lots of sculptures and outdoor art around the Apollolaan. It’s a local initiative to support art and I think it really cheers up the street view! Until September 22th.
– New exhibit in Foam Amsterdam! It’s all about fashion with Edward Steichen – In High Fashion, the Condé Nast Years, 1923–1937. Untill September 6th!
– Every Thursday the Ten Kate Markt in Amsterdam West turns into the foodie event “Kanen bij Ten Kate” and “Kanen aan het IJ”. With the best food trucks in town and long tables to enjoy your food and meet new people!
Have a great weekend everyone!! Love to hear all about your plans! Let me know at @yourLBB or #yourLBB :-). Talk to you soon!
PS: more hotspots are in the Amsterdam Little Black Book. A city guide to Amsterdam with the best restaurants, shops and things to do. Always new addresses coming up so check out your online Little Black Book daily for the latest hotspots in town!
Let’s get social!
Follow Your Little Black Book on social media and I’m happy to keep you updated on the latest hotspots. We www.instagram.com/yourLBB
@yourLBB or www.twitter.com/yourLBB
& watch my vlogs on my YouTube channel
Anne de Buck