31 things you’ll want to do this spring weekend in amsterdam!
YES, it’s finally spring! Since March 20th the Spring season has officially started and even though the temperature doesn’t really fit it yet… at least the sun is out! And that personally always gets me so much more excited and energetic. What’s extra fun is that this weekend the clock goes back an hour so we have an extra hour of weekend! And coincidentally this weekend there are lots of things to do in Amsterdam. For exmple, you can visit several sample sales, the Modern Hippie Market or go to one of the brunches on Sunday! But this Saturday is also Open Toren Day which means that you can enter over 20 of the most well-known towers in Amsterdam. Very nice, as you certainly don’t do this every weekend! Discover these and many more tips in this Amsterdam Weekend Guide of March 23, 24 and 25.
HAPPY WEEKEND! <3
PS: Good news, there’s finally a new vlog with a huge update on Travelkids.co! All about the baby shower, the gender reveal and more. This is your chance for a sneak peek behind the scenes and you can also follow me on Instagram!
31 tips for fun things to do this weekend in amsterdam
- It’s now really Spring and that means that the Zuidpool is being transformed into StrandZuid. And of course that doesn’t happen without a party, this Friday at the last edition of the Winterborrel. The last two editions were sold out, so buy your ticket now! Click here for the Facebook event.
- MUST SEE: the expo “My Name Is Prince” is in Amsterdam until June 8 at Beurs van Berlage (Damkrak 243). Read all about this unique exposition about the life of pop legend Prince here >>
- How cool is this? HEMA has opened it’s own Paas pop-up in the Nine Streets. Scoop kilos of chocolate Easter eggs and make sure to try the newest flavours: tompouce, disco dip and koffie-crisp. We’re a fan of the choco dip! They’re open till April 1st in the Runstraat 25.
- From this Sunday every last Sunday of the month will be Penny’s Sunday at Miss Moneypenny. The cocktail of the week will be announced then and can be ordered for € 5,- on this day. There will also be a DJ and the needed tunes! Check the Facebook event here.
- Is it time for a new wardrobe or a nice outfit? If so, you won’t want to miss the sample sale of Goosecraft this Friday. From 2PM till 8PM their headquarters will be open and you can score some great items with a nice discount. Click here for the Facebook event.
- Vegans, but also non-vegans won’t want to miss out on this brunch. The Soul Food Vegan Brunch is back again at Scrapyard and this time they have an Asian theme. It starts at 12PM. Click here for the Facebook event.
- Good news: Petit Caron is open for business! This new hotspot on the Gerard Dou square is your new go to for (French) wines and small dishes.
- Izakaya will also be hosting another brunch this Sunday, but in this case it’s a Supreme Brunch. Champagne? Check. DJ? Check. Cocktails? Check! Click here for the Facebook event.
- This Sunday Atelier des Femmes will host a sample sale from 10AM till 8PM. Tickets won’t be necessary, you can just stop by the Singel in Amsterdam. Click here for the Facebook event.
- Dancing to the best R&B, disco and house classics at the Chin Chin Club this Saturday. From 10.30PM it’s going down at Geroezemoes. Click here for the Facebook event.
- This Sunday it’s time for the first Pure Market of the season. And it will be held in the Park Frankendael in the East of Amsterdam. There will also be live music, you can get all the necessities for a picknick and there are also non-food items. Check out the Facebook event here.
- Are you as down-to-earth as they are in Friesland? If so, you’ll definitely feel at home at the new spot Thúskomme!
- This Saturday the sixth edition of the Open Toren Day is held in Amsterdam. On this day over twenty of the well-known towers of Amsterdam will be free to visit. Like the Westertoren, the REM Island, the A’DAM Toren and many more. Check the site to see which towers can be visited.
- You’d have to visit SUSHISAMBA for the ultimate Sunday Brunch! Eggs benedict, lobster rolls, sushi, mimosas… sounds good, doesn’t it?
- Bring your whole family to Family Sundays at Jansz. They’ve also thought of the kids as there is a special children’s menu and games to play. The event is from 4.30PM till 6.30PM. Check the Facebook event here.
- Close to the Artis Zoo Box Sociaal has opened its doors. The owners are from Australia and you can see it in their menu. Mac ‘n cheese balls, anyone?
- Feel like going to the movies? A lot of great films are premiering this month, check out the movies you want to see in theaters this March!
- The Modern Hippie Market can be visited this Sunday at the WesterUnie. You’ll score the cutest vintage and hippie items here. Which brands are participating can be found on the site. Check the Facebook event here.
- Timy for a culinary (wine) course through Amsterdam this Sunday at the WijnSpijs Wandeling. Among others C Restaurant and Vergulden Eenhorn will participate. Check the Facebook event for more info and tickets.
- Nice: Trade Amsterdam is a food market where you can also get your groceries. Have you been there yet?
- This weekend we won’t go to Thuishaven on Sunday, but on Saturday. As there is a party going on then from 1PM till 11PM which is called the Techno Special. Click here for the Facebook event with the line up and tickets.
- This Saturday and Sunday Kindred Spirits is holding a Sample Sale. From sneakers, to boots to clothing. All with a nice discount! Check out the Facebook event here.
- Would you rather combine shopping with some drinks and snacks? If so, you should visit the SETUP Sample Sale at Snappers this Sunday. Brands like Lacoste and Reebok can be found, with discounts up until 70%. And all the while you can have some cocktails. Sounds good, doesn’t it? ;-) Click here for the Facebook event.
- Nice to do after the shopping on Saturday: Espresso Martini Saturday at the Terpentijn! Every Saturday they will be serving several variations on this cocktail, in collaboration with Ketel One. Check out the Facebook event here.
- Would you like to stay up to date on all the spots that are opening soon? Then keep an eye on our ‘Coming Soon‘ list!
- Feel like meeting up with friends this weekend? How about: the best hotspots with a fire place? Or at one of these nice wine bars?
Our newest lists
but make sure to not forget these tips…
- Feel like going for a walk in the park, and for a drink and a bite afterwards? Then check out the best spots close to the Vondelpark!
- Is your ultimate brunch not among these tips? Check out our list with the best brunch spots in Amsterdam here.
- Feel like going something else in Amsterdam for a change, but don’t know what? Check out our Amsterdam Bucketlist with 56 things you have to have done at least once in your life in Amsterdam!
Tip: We’ve got many more nice lists! Check them here >>
PSSSST… YOU CAN FIND MORE (TRAVEL) TIPS IN MY BOOKS!
- Feed Your Wanderlust – Travel Guide for a bohemian lifestyle (new in 2018)
- Staycation – 22 guides and shortlists for a vacation close to home (new in 2018)
- Wanderlust – Urban Travel Style Guide
- De Amsterdam City Guide (Dutch) & The Amsterdam City Guide (English)
Anne de Buck