Amsterdam Weekend Guide for September 19, 20 & 21!
We finally have an Indian Summer in Amsterdam. So enjoy the last days being out on the terraces enjoying the good life! Or check out thew new Fermentology food festival. So many things to do this weekend :-).
You can follow my daily adventures on Instagram and Twitter. Search for Your Little Black Book via @yourlbb!
Have a great weekend everyone :-). Enjoy the last summer days!
PS: every Friday around 11.45 am I share some of my favourite things to do on Amsterdam FM!
– New food festival in town! Fermentology! is all about the most delicious fermented food vendors in town & more. From cheese to kimchi! Learn to make your own sauerkraut and see how organisms are 3D printed. The food line up is organised by the NeighbourFood Market. Location: Mediamatic at the Van Gendthallen (next to Roest). Saturday September 20 between 12 – 8 pm.
– New food hotspot in town! Rotisserie by the founders of FIER. Everything from the grill!
– Do you like charcuterie? Then this charcuterie tasting at Ricardo’s in Odeon (one of my favourite restaurants in Amsterdam) is something to check out Saturday September 20 starting at 3 pm. Chef Ricardo van Ede himself will present the best of the best meats to you during this small scale tasting. Limited availability so check out the website asap to reserve your seat!
– Tip for afternoon drinks and dinner on Saturday September 20. The Wild West Brew Fest between 12 – 10 pm! With craft beers and tasty Mexican food.
– Pssst: did you check out the new hotspots Meat West and Cafe De Plantage yet?
– During the Unseen event there’s a Neighbourfood Market all weekend at the Westergasfabriek (yeah!).
– Sunday September 21 you can wine and dine at the Pure Markt at the Beatrixpark in Amsterdam.
– Yourlbb created lists to guide you through all our favourite spots:
* 9 best places to drink G&T’s in Amsterdam
* 10 restaurants where parking your car is no problem
* 48 terraces for sunny days
* 10 summer hotspots from urban beach to rooftop
* 20 new places for coffee and lunch
* 20 new restaurant hotspots
* 10 favourite healthy spots
* 5 Saturday food markets
– Coming soon:
* George Burger Bistro
* De Foodhallen
More foodie proof recs that are around every weekend:
– Do you have your own boat? Check out Bluespoon on Board for the best take out on the Prinsengracht!
– Two tips for a great weekend brunch. Brunch is hot in Amsterdam!
* Saturday and Sunday you can book your spot on G’s (former G&T’s) brunch boat! Sailing at 11 am or 13.30 pm. Reservations via firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Bennys and Marys are back at Struik this weekend on Saturday and Sunday. More info here.
– 3 pop-up restaurants in Amsterdam! Foyer (LOVE this place!!), Henk (until December 2014) and InStock. ENJOY!
– Best oyster happy hours in Amsterdam! Every Saturday and Sunday between 3 – 7 pm at Hugo’s Bar & Kitchen. All oysters for only € 1,-! Great deal right?! And soooo NY ;-).
– New vintage spot in town! Feather & Cross opens a pop-up in the basement of Tatski & Kar. And you’re invited the the opening drinks on Sunday september 21!
– 4 pop-up stores in Amsterdam: Zoe Karssen, Things I Like, Things I Love, MP 211 and Gekaapt.
– Anna + Nina, one of my favourite concept stores in Amsterdam opened a 2nd location. More info here.
– Drie of my favourite vintage shops in Amsterdam:
* Tatski & Kar at Koningsstraat 27a.
* Libertine is a gallery slash store for vintage curiosities at the Prinsengracht.
* Kaufhaus is a cool vintage clothing and furniture store at the Sweelinckstraat 21 in Amsterdam.
– New in Amsterdam: De Pop-up week! With cool pop-up events at different locations. From food to art! Until September 28. Check the schedule here!
– Enjoy a drink and food at PLLEK this weekend while listening to Laidback Live. Perfect spot to catch up with your friend enjoying the sun.
– Tip for everyone who wants to have a classy weekend ;-). Klassiek op het Amstelveld, September 20.
– Only this weekend: The Unseen Photo Fair! Until September 21 you can buy photo art by upcoming artists at the Westergasfabriek.
– The new movie theater De Filmhallen opened the doors at De Hallen. Tip: go for dinner to Halte 3 or Meat West before going to the movies!
– Discover the underworld of Rio de Janeiro at the new photo expo by Steef Fleur called ‘The Other Seleçao’. Until October 25 at gallery Lokatie Laurier.
– New exhibit at the Stedelijk museum: Opera in het Stedelijk. Until October 19.
– If you like photography check out the new expo at the Tropenmuseum: Masters of Photography with the best pictures from National Geographic photographers. Until October 19.
– New expositions in photo museum FOAM:
* JH Engström – Close Surrounding | until December 10
* Winner Foam Paul Huf Award 2014 – Daniel Gordon | until November 2
– Did you see the photo expo at Felix and Foam yet? 5 years of talent is all about the young photography talents from The Netherlands. Until September 30.
– Did you know that the Van Gogh Museum is open till late every Friday? To me it feels very NY where the Guggenheim museum hosts cool parties during the weekend nights.
– Best choice for clubbing this weekend: Next Monday’s Hangover at Amsterdam Roest!
– My favourite clubs in Amsterdam for techno: Studio 80, Canvas & Club Trouw.
– Club Odeon has a cool new club night on Friday: Nachtdieren!
– A bit older crowd, great tunes and good vibe: Disco Dolly.
My long list of hotspots that I’ve been to recently or that are top of my mind!
– New bar in town! Bar Jones at the Nes. Just a laid back place for drinks with a vintage interior.
– We wrote about Porter Bar & Kitchen when they just opened, but did you know they had to change the name in Carter Bar & Kitchen? Check out our full review here with new photos!
– Back to Black is a new coffee bar in the heart of Amsterdam. At this cool concept everything is for sale. More about Back to Black here.
– Geflipt is a new burger joint at the Van Woustraat. A juicy burger is always a good idea right?
– Sweet Cup is a cute coffee bar close to the Leidseplein. Have you been there yet?
– Psssst… did you know that the Marie Stella Maris archive has a cute coffee and water cafe in the basement? Just saying ;-).
– Last week I had dinner at Brasserie Halte 3! Love this new foodie proof (and very affordable) concept at De Hallen. Check the full blog here.
– New concept on the Odessa: Pizza with a view! By the founders of Marathonweg.
– Great neighbourhood cafe in Amsterdam West with good food. Meet Cafe Lennep!
– Tip for everyone who needs to eat glutenfree! A store where everything is glutenfree.
– Now open! New summer hotspot Waterkant.
– Fresh and made to order Mexican fast-food at the Salsa Shop. So good!!
– Neo bistro style food and the new food hotspot Bistro Noord at the NDSM wharf.
– New on the Wibautstraat: Stek! For breakfast, lunch and afternoon drinks.
– Betty Blue is a cool new pastry store in the city center which is all about sweet stuff. Yum!
– Lite / Dark has a new location at the Zeedijk! With delicious gazpacho, raw cheesecake, quiche and ice cream. Read the full blog here!
– Have you been to Canvas op de 7e for dinner yet? Great view over Amsterdam and affordable food. We like! Check the blog here.
– Italian food and gluten free proof, that’s cool looking Bocconi at the Spaarndammerstraat.
– New pizza studio in town! Pistache is the new restaurant concept at the location where the Lobster House used to be.
– Officially open: brasserie style restaurant Nacional by Casper Reinders. Read our full report here!
– Porter Bar & Kitchen is the newest hotspot in Amsterdam Old South. From lunch to dinner!
– Salad bar SLA opened a 3rd location in Amsterdam. SLA Zuidas serves you lunch and breakfast during business hours. Yay!
– Check the overview with 20 new restaurants that opened the last 3 months here.
– Rooftop bar and restaurant Canvas opened the doors again last week! Beautiful view over Amsterdam East and delicious dishes.
– New summer hotspot in Amsterdam North! Cafe De Ceuvel is crowd funded. How cool! Another great summer spot in Amsterdam North is De Tolhuistuin.
– Some of my fav restaurants I always go back to: Rijsel, De Luwte, Aan de Amstel and Wilde Zwijnen.
PS: more hotspots are in the Amsterdam Little Black Book. A city guide to Amsterdam with the best restaurants, shops and things to do. Always new addresses coming up so check out your online Little Black Book daily for the latest hotspots in town!
Tip: discover more city- and travel guides by @yourlbb!
Anne de Buck
- Amsterdam Tips -
- To do -
How fun is this? Discover Amsterdam on a 2.5-hour e-fat bike tour through the center and Amsterdam North.More info & tickets »
Fabrique des Lumières
Perhaps the best new experience in Amsterdam West where art comes to life!Reserve a time slot »
STRAAT street art Museum
STRAAT is Amsterdam’s newest museum that is entirely devoted to street art.Search for tickets »
- Stay -
Pillows Maurits Park
Pillows Maurits at the Park is one of the best new hotels in Amsterdam with spa and wellness.Discover prices »
Hotel Jakarta is sustainable, has a wonderful Indonesian restaurant and a nice swimming pool.Discover prices »
Hotel Boat & Co
Affordable and family-proof hotel with studios and a cozy restaurant near the Westerpark.Discover prices »
- Deals -
Antwerp from € 21,-
What about a day trip to Antwerp? Go by train! Check the direct connections here.Find train tickets »
London return from € 91,-
Travel in 4 hours and 13 minutes and without changing trains with the Eurostar from Amsterdam to London.Find train tickets »
Paris from € 35,-
Much more relaxed than flying! With the Thalys to Paris and get off at Gare du Nord.Find train tickets »