Weekend tips for september 18, 19 & 20
We had such a special week at Yourlbb. We launched our own Youtube channel Yourlbb.tv and I’m sooo proud! You might understand I’m going to enjoy this weekend even more. Photograph lovers are going to be spoilt his weekend at Unseen Photo Fair & Festival. Read here what you don’t want to miss the upcoming days! Also cool: come and drink special beers at beer festival BierWest. And did you see our blog about……… yet? Have a great weekend!
PS: listen to Amsterdam FM for my personal tips from the Amsterdam Weekend Guide. Live, every Friday, at 11.45!
– We made some new lists for you!
– This Saturday and Sunday are all about FOOD:-) Come and taste at NeighbourFood Market Weekender edition at Westergasfabriek.
– Have you been to restaurant Citroën at the old Citroën Garage? There is a changing menu so this place will never get dull.
– This Saturday is the opening party of the brand new location of Cut Throat. This barber shop with bar and kitchen will kick the night off with food, drinks, cuts and a DJ!
– Do you feel like cosy dinner, long tables, amazing food and meeting new people? Join CosyDinner. The theme this Sunday is La Vita e Bella. Restaurant Kees will open up their doors at 18.00. Unfortunately this Sunday is fully booked. Make sure you get a spot on the back up list for free spots last minute.
– Another Sunday fun day activity: BierWest! The our beer lovers this beer festival is at Erusmuspark. Tickets are sold out but go to ticketswap, who knows you can still join this cool festival!
– This Sunday you can stroll around at one of Yourlbb’s favourite markets in Amsterdam: Pure Markt! This time it’s at Beatrixpark.
– Or check our blog with 25 hotspots in the Haarlemmebuurt for food and fashion.
– We love these places for Friday afterwork drinks!:
* Pllek is always a good idea for Feeling Friday.
* SoSo Lobi at Waterkant is highly recommended for summer vibes, beer and roti!
* And have you checked the new place called Bret yet? Recommended for everyone living in BOLO or passes by Sloterdijk.
* Or check out our list with 10 Friday afterwork drinks spots in Amsterdam!
These spots just opened!:
Some foodie proof lists to make your life easier :-)
Check the blog for more lists! >>
– This weekend we can go to Unseen Photo Fair at the Westergasfabriek: the coolest photographic festival of the year. This event shows work of international not yet known talents which are not shown before. New this year is Unseen Photo Fair Festival! There is so much to see and do around 40 different galleries, movie theatres and other cool hotspots in Amsterdam. You can enjoy the Unseen Photo Festival for 10 days from 18 until 27th of September.
– Ready for some me time? Visit Skin Cosmetic at de Negen Straatjes voor an relaxing treatment.
– Looking for a playful afternoon with literature? Go to the Hoxton Hotel. Hutspot organises a Bookmarket with games. Let’s play :-)
– Hanging around with friends? Go to TonTon in de Zon until the end of September! An outdoor game hall at the Westerpark.
– The most delicious perfumes you purchased at the The Fragrance Store!
– Foam opened a new exhibition called E_MERGE! A solo expo of Anne de Vries from the Hague who combines objects with the newest (media) technology.
– For the fashionista’s among us: there’s a expo the Tassenmuseum: Black and White: the dresscode of a life time! Where black and white bags are the main focus.
– Did you already go to the Tropenmuseum for the expo Secret Love? About the taboo in China around lesbians, gays, bisexuals and transgenders (LGBTs). Interesting!
– Looking for a party this Friday? The WesterUni organises a special evening WesterUnie X unseen present: Pirupa, Arjuna Schiks en Moritz. Not only will these men play their beats but there will be a preview of the new photographic project of Steef Fleur.
– Joost van Bellen plays this Friday at Hannekes Boom during Joost & Hannekes! Disco Dolly will also visit to play some nice tunes. The party begins at 22.00. Be there!
– Up for some good weekend music? Every weekend we make a new playlist on Spotify! Check our playlists here >>
PS: more hotspots are in the Amsterdam Little Black Book. A city guide to Amsterdam with the best restaurants, shops and things to do. Always new addresses coming up so check out your online Little Black Book daily for the latest hotspots in town!
- Amsterdam Tips -
- To do -
Amsterdam Light festival
The Amsterdam Light Festival 2023/2024 are now on sale!More info & tickets »
Rent a bike!
Do you want to see a lot in a short time? Rent a bike and discover the city in a day.Rent a bike here »
Fabrique des Lumières
Perhaps the best new experience in Amsterdam West where art comes to life!Reserve a time slot »
- Stay -
Pillows Maurits Park
Pillows Maurits at the Park is one of the best new hotels in Amsterdam with spa and wellness.Discover prices »
Hotel Jakarta is sustainable, has a wonderful Indonesian restaurant and a nice swimming pool.Discover prices »
Hotel Boat & Co
Affordable and family-proof hotel with studios and a cozy restaurant near the Westerpark.Discover prices »
- Deals -
Antwerp from € 21,-
What about a day trip to Antwerp? Go by train! Check the direct connections here.Find train tickets »
London return from € 91,-
Travel in 4 hours and 13 minutes and without changing trains with the Eurostar from Amsterdam to London.Find train tickets »
Paris from € 35,-
Much more relaxed than flying! With the Thalys to Paris and get off at Gare du Nord.Find train tickets »