14-16 June weekend update!
I’m a weekly guest with Your Little Black Book on English Breakfast Radio (local radio 99.4 FM). Here’s my handpicked weekend update for this weekend! Have fun :-).
Out & About in Amsterdam
– The food line organizes foodie festival T Hoofdgerecht from 14 to 16 June at the “Stenen Hoofd” in Amsterdam. Expact live music, theater, DJ’s and lots of good food. This event is also fun for after work drinks! Free entrance until 16 hours and on Sunday. After 16 hours € 7,-. Check out thefoodlineup.nl for more info!
– Festival tip of the week: 15th of June it’s Costa del Soul festival at city beach Blijburg. A creative festival with different kinds of music, like: minimal, techno, disco, house, soul, funk and hiphop on four stages.
– Amsterdam Roest & Kimchi organise the Warehouse Weekender Market on June 15. A cool event for young designers, vintage lovers, small beer brewers and crafts. Kimchi is in charge of the music and the food so it’s gonna be a good party! Free entrance.
– Sunday June 16th it’s Neighbourfoodmarket wat the Westergasfabriek again! This Sunday with a rough theme, so expact burgers, wild boar from the gill and much more. There will also be a vintage and craft market! Between 11 and 18 hours.
– Last weekend for LIVE in Oost festival with on June 15 focus on the Javabuurt and June 16 on the Transvaalbuurt. rYou can for example make a food tour on the Javastraat (close to the lovely restaurant Wilde Zwijnen). Check out the agenda here:
– The Artis Zoo summer nights are on again! Until the end of the summer Artis stays open on Saturdays until after 21 hours. With every Saturday live shows and a special programme.
– My favourite theater… the Vondelpark theater with shows every Sunday afternoon until August 25th. Free entrance! You can check out the agenda here.
– More performing arts at the Holland Festival from June 1-26. So many cool shows with theater, dance and music. Several locations in Amsterdam like the Westergasfabriek.Check out the complete agenda here.
– Fun for a Sunday walk is to stroll around Art Zuid. Lots of sculptures and outdoor art around the Apollolaan. It’s a local initiative to support art and I think it really cheers up the street view! Until September 22th.
Have a great weekend!!
THINGS TO DO:
⋙ Canal Cruise by day or in the evening
⋙ A bike tour through Amsterdam OR Rent a bike by yourself
⋙ The best view over Amsterdam from the A’DAM Lookout
⋙ Visit Artis Royal Zoo
⋙ Rijksmuseum with the Dutch masters
⋙ Van Gogh Museum, a staple in Amsterdam
⋙ Stedelijk Museum for modern art lovers
⋙ MOCO Museum for street art
⋙ Photography museum FOAM
⋙ Amsterdam Light Festival (during winter months)
⋙ Cruise like a local with your own boat (great with good weather!)
ONE OF A KIND:
⋙ Discover the Instagrammable experience WONDR
⋙ Red Light District tour
⋙ Get out of town and into the Dutch country side of Giethoorn
| TIP: Buy an I amsterdam City Card. Save money on entrance fees to museums and attractions, public transport and profit from discounts on everything from restaurants to concerts. You can also skip some lines to make the most of your time in Amsterdam! You can buy a card for 24 hours up to 120 hours. Check the prices here >>
Our favourite hotels:
AFFORDABLE // €
☾ Generator Hostel: the best poshtel of the city located in a park.
☾ The Student Hotel: budget proof in trendy East.
☾ Het Volkshotel: affordable and with a cool rooftop bar.
☾ CitizenM: all you need is that XL bed (location near Amstel is great).
☾ Motel One: budget design hotel with locations at
VERY VERY NICE // €€
☾ Hotel V: with two locations and a great restaurant, in the city center and East.
☾ Sir Adam: with the coolest view over Amsterdam.
☾ Sweets: a unique stay in former bridge houses.
☾ Park Plaza Vondelpark: located next to Vondelpark and beautifully renovated.
☾ Hotel Dwars: small scale around the corner of the trendy Utrechtsestraat.
☾ Pillows Anna van den Vondel: great hotel close to Vondelpark.
☾ Hotel Mercier: new hotel in the cosy and historic Jordaan district.
☾ INK Hotel: lifestyle hotel in the heart of the city.
☾ The Hoxton: favourite lifestyle hotel right on the canals.
☾ Morgan & Mees: boutique hotel in Amsterdam West.
☾ Conscious Hotel Westerpark: in a beautiful building at the industrial Westergas area.
☾ QO Amsterdam: eco design hotel with a great skybar.
TOP LUXURY // €€€
☾ Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam: if you have something to celebrate this is the one.
☾ Pulitzer Amsterdam: on the canals at the border of the Nine Streets and the Jordaan.
☾ L’Europe: this hotel has the best spa with a view in Amsterdam.
☾ Conservatorium Hotel: located in one of the most beautiful buildings in town.
☾ W Amsterdam: with great restaurants and a rooftop bar with swimming pool.
Let’s get social
I really hope you enjoy your time in Amsterdam! On my Instagram account @yourlbb you can find more recommendations and new hotspots in town.