Amsterdam Weekend Guide for October 10, 11 & 12!
YEAH! Weekend :-). I have so many fun things on the agenda. Totally excited about fall in Amsterdam. Wearing the in between coats en floppy hats. This weekend I have a dinner at Ricardo’s in Odeon to celebrate their 1st bday, brunch with friends and lazy Sunday drinks and bites. Sounds perfect, right? Oh and I drive over to Zeeland for the 60th wedding anniversary of my grandparents. So special!
PS: every Friday around 11.45 am I share some of my favourite things to do on Amsterdam FM!
– Sotto is a nice pizza place who now has a second location at the Roelof Hartstraat. Pizza, like pizza is supposed to be!
– The spot for afternoon drinks is the Vrijmibodisco at the Espressobar on Rokin 81-83. Starting at 5 pm. With creative people, DJ’s and drinks!
– Do you like music, wine and good food? Check the event Sounds Like Wine at Pllek on Sunday October 12. From 4 -7.30 pm.
– I know that you all like to dine out just as much as I do! So here’s the checklist with 20 of the newest restaurants in Amsterdam.
– Sunday there’s Pure Markt at the Amstelpark in Amsterdam.
– Yourlbb created lists to guide you through all our favourite spots:
* 9 best places to drink G&T’s in Amsterdam
* 10 restaurants where parking your car is no problem
* 48 terraces for sunny days
* 10 summer hotspots from urban beach to rooftop
* 20 new places for coffee and lunch
* 20 new restaurant hotspots
* 10 favourite healthy spots
* 5 Saturday food markets
More foodie proof recs that are around every weekend:
– Brunch is hot in Amsterdam!
* Here’s a link to all the brunch spots in Amsterdam Yourlbb loves.
*Saturday and Sunday you can book your spot on G’s (former G&T’s) brunch boat! Sailing at 11 am or 13.30 pm. Reservations via firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Best oyster happy hour in Amsterdam! Every Saturday and Sunday between 3 – 7 pm at Hugo’s Bar & Kitchen. All oysters for only € 1,-! Great deal right?! And soooo NY ;-).
– The Wunderkammer is one of the best flower boutiques in Amsterdam. True artists! They now have their shop for a week again with theme ‘Into the woods’. October 10-19 at Herengracht 366 -368.
– If you’re a girl who want to look amazing, but you don’t have the money to wear designer labels all the time (or at all!) you have to check Gesponnen Suiker! They celebrate the 4th year bday this month.
– This weekend Lovely Vintage opens a pop-up store at the Haarlemmerdijk 41. Cheap and fashionable with discounts up to 75%.
– Miuse is a new concept store at De Pijp for a collection of beautiful labels for ladies. Gerard Doustaat 80.
– Drie of my favourite vintage shops in Amsterdam:
* Tatski & Kar at Koningsstraat 27a.
* Libertine is a gallery slash store for vintage curiosities at the Prinsengracht.
* Kaufhaus is a cool vintage clothing and furniture store at the Sweelinckstraat 21 in Amsterdam.
– Are you a fan of Amsterdam Yard Sale to sell your used stuff via Facebook? This Facebook group organises the second Amsterdam Yard Sale market at the Jan Evertsenstraat this weekend. Saturday 9 am – 5 pm.
– This weekend it’s time for the Museummarket again! A market with over 100 market stalls at the Museumplein. From 12-6 pm, Sunday October 12.
– If you like Afrojazz and Fela Kuti you should check out Felabration at Paradiso this weekend! Saturday October 11.
– Rijksmuseum and the Wanrooij Gallery work together for the solo expo of Christian Voigt. Photos dedicated to the Rijksmuseum. Hall of Fame: until November 5.
– Stedelijk museum: Opera in het Stedelijk. Until October 19.
– If you like photography check out the new expo at the Tropenmuseum: Masters of Photography with the best pictures from National Geographic photographers. Until October 19.
– New expositions in photo museum FOAM:
* JH Engström – Close Surrounding | until December 10
* Winner Foam Paul Huf Award 2014 – Daniel Gordon | until November 2
– Looking for a place to club on Friday evening? Check out Fissa at Chapter 21 for classic Hip Hop beats!
– Club Odeon has a cool new club night on Friday: Nachtdieren!
– A bit older crowd, great tunes and good vibe: Disco Dolly.
– New bar in town! Bar Jones at the Nes. Just a laid back place for drinks with a vintage interior.
– Back to Black is a new coffee bar in the heart of Amsterdam. At this cool concept everything is for sale. More about Back to Black here.
– Geflipt is a new burger joint at the Van Woustraat. A juicy burger is always a good idea right?
– Psssst… did you know that the Marie Stella Maris archive has a cute coffee and water cafe in the basement? Just saying ;-).
– Betty Blue is a cool new pastry store in the city center which is all about sweet stuff. Yum!
PS: more hotspots are in the Amsterdam Little Black Book. A city guide to Amsterdam with the best restaurants, shops and things to do. Always new addresses coming up so check out your online Little Black Book daily for the latest hotspots in town!
Tip: discover more city- and travel guides by @yourlbb!
Anne de Buck
- Read more? -