This cool friday image via pinterest
31 May – 2 June weekend update!
I’m a weekly guest with Your Little Black Book on English Breakfast Radio (local radio 99.4 FM). Here’s my handpicked weekend update for the first weekend of June! Have fun :-).
Out & About in Amsterdam
– My favourite theater… the Vondelpark theater starts with the first show of the season on Sunday June 2th. Every Sunday afternoon until August 25th. Free entrance! You can check out the agenda here.
– More performing arts at the Holland Festival from June 1-26. So many cool shows with theater, dance and music. Several locations in Amsterdam like the Westergasfabriek. Check out the complete agenda here.
– All foodie lovers can go to Studio K this weekend for a very special food festival. Viva las Vegas is all about vegan food! Be surprised how good a veggie meal can be and stroll around at the food truck and stalls to shop for foodie goodies.
– Fun for a Sunday walk is to stroll around Art Zuid. Lots of sculptures and outdoor art around the Apollolaan. It’s a local initiative to support art and I think it really cheers up the street view! Until September 22th.
– If you have a boat then Jazz at the Lake is a nice event to go to June 1st! Organized by the lovely restaurant Het Bosch at the Nieuwemeer-
– This Friday night 31 May it’s Edelwise again :-). The coolest Friday afterwork drinks party. Go early, since it’s always packed and prepare for a long line… You can reservse a table for dinner at Edel before partying!
– Festival tip of the week: 909 festival at the Amsterdam forest. Small festival with the best techno, drinks and dancing!
Have a great weekend!!
THINGS TO DO:
⋙ Canal Cruise by day or in the evening
⋙ A bike tour through Amsterdam OR Rent a bike by yourself
⋙ The best view over Amsterdam from the A’DAM Lookout
⋙ Visit Artis Royal Zoo
⋙ Rijksmuseum with the Dutch masters
⋙ Van Gogh Museum, a staple in Amsterdam
⋙ Stedelijk Museum for modern art lovers
⋙ MOCO Museum for street art
⋙ Photography museum FOAM
⋙ Amsterdam Light Festival (during winter months)
⋙ Cruise like a local with your own boat (great with good weather!)
ONE OF A KIND:
⋙ Discover the Instagrammable experience WONDR
⋙ Red Light District tour
⋙ Get out of town and into the Dutch country side of Giethoorn
| TIP: Buy an I amsterdam City Card. Save money on entrance fees to museums and attractions, public transport and profit from discounts on everything from restaurants to concerts. You can also skip some lines to make the most of your time in Amsterdam! You can buy a card for 24 hours up to 120 hours. Check the prices here >>
Our favourite hotels:
AFFORDABLE // €
☾ Generator Hostel: the best poshtel of the city located in a park.
☾ The Student Hotel: budget proof in trendy East.
☾ Het Volkshotel: affordable and with a cool rooftop bar.
☾ CitizenM: all you need is that XL bed (location near Amstel is great).
☾ Motel One: budget design hotel with locations at
COMFORTABLE // €€
☾ Hotel V: with two locations and a great restaurant, in the city center and East.
☾ Sir Adam: with the coolest view over Amsterdam.
☾ Sweets: a unique stay in former bridge houses.
☾ Park Plaza Vondelpark: located next to Vondelpark and beautifully renovated.
☾ Hotel Dwars: small scale around the corner of the trendy Utrechtsestraat.
☾ Pillows Anna van den Vondel: great hotel close to Vondelpark.
☾ Hotel Mercier: new hotel in the cosy and historic Jordaan district.
☾ INK Hotel: lifestyle hotel in the heart of the city.
☾ The Hoxton: favourite lifestyle hotel right on the canals.
☾ Morgan & Mees: boutique hotel in Amsterdam West.
☾ Conscious Hotel Westerpark: in a beautiful building at the industrial Westergas area.
☾ QO Amsterdam: eco design hotel with a great skybar.
TOP LUXURY // €€€
☾ Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam: if you have something to celebrate this is the one.
☾ Pulitzer Amsterdam: on the canals at the border of the Nine Streets and the Jordaan.
☾ L’Europe: this hotel has the best spa with a view in Amsterdam.
☾ Conservatorium Hotel: located in one of the most beautiful buildings in town.
☾ W Amsterdam: with great restaurants and a rooftop bar with swimming pool.
Let’s get social
I really hope you enjoy your time in Amsterdam! On my Instagram account @yourlbb you can find more recommendations and new hotspots in town.