These are the hotspots at the Jordaan that you must know!
Jordaan might be the most known neighbourhood of Amsterdam. It is also a very fun neighbourhood! Full with hotspots and things to see. This former neighbourhood of the people stands for the narrow streets, authentic cafés, the canals and small courtyards. With the Anne Frank House, Noordermarkt, Westerstraat and Lindengracht around the corner there’s always something to do.
A mix of artists, students, young entrepreneurs, but also the real Amsterdam locals come together here at the brown bars, the great diversity of restaurants and at the sunny terraces. You already know it: Jordaan is a neighbourhood that’s frequently visited by Yourlbb! That’s why we listed the best restaurants, lunch & brunch hotspots, coffee places, bars and shops from Jordaan. And make sure to combine a day at Jordaan with a cool street art tour. Discover it all in this Jordaan Guide!
Food & drinks at the Jordaan
In the Jordaan kitchen pretty much all continents are being represented. But this neighbourhood also has a lot of hotspots for coffee or drinks. In this list we present you the best restaurants in Jordaan, the best breakfast and brunch spots, take outs and coffee bars.
Restaurants at the Jordaan
– Toscanini: who doesn’t know this Italian restaurant? The interior is so simple and authentic and the food is sooo good! Be sure to make a reservation beforehand!
– Boca’s: at Westerstraat you can share a platter full with yummy bites at Boca’s!
– Koevoet: for a real traditional Italian meal you need to go here!
– Salmuera: here they have Argentinian cuisine in a more modern fashion. With a lot of meat from the grill, but also a ceviche bar!
– Waterkant: at this tropical hotspot you’re sitting beside the water and enjoying Surinamese bites and beers.
– Festina Lente: a favourite dining cafe at Jordaan! With a small budget you can still have some really good food here. Order all kinds of different small meals; it’s fun to share those with others.
– Venus & Adonis: a really good steak restaurant!
Breakfast, brunch & lunch at the Jordaan
– SLA: up for a healthy lunch? At SLA they have many different salads, soups and nice juices! Also possible to take out.
– G&T’s It’s a really nice place: ideal place for a brunch on Sunday. You immediately feel at home at this hip and cozy living room. The food is super nice and organic and the cocktails are made so well, that you definitely can’t stop after the first one.
– Kessens: at this all day hotspot you have nice breakfast options (even with champagne if desired!) and during the afternoon delicious sandwiches.
Coffee at the Jordaan
– Cloud art & coffee: a creative hotspot where you can admire art and enjoy coffee at the same time! It’s also the perfect place to be if you want to work the afternoon in the city center. Through the big windows you can also enjoy your time looking at people passing by.
– Koffiespot: a fun coffee hotspot at Elandsgracht where they not only serve good coffee but also a lot of tea, cakes and muffins.
– Winkel 43: the best apple pie is sold at Winkel 43. It’s a regular thing to go to the Noordermarkt on Monday and then go to Winkel 43 to finish your day with coffee and pie!
Shopping at the Jordaan
At Jordaan you can find different kinds op shops. From concept stores to clothing shops. Here we have our favourites!
– Hutspot: this nice concept store can be found at Van Woustraat and at Rozengracht.
– Mipacha: they are super cute, the shoes from Mipacha. They have a pretty Peruvian print, they feel like as if you’re wearing slippers and are perfect for every festival outfit.
– Lena: the first fashion library in town at Westerstraat. At Lena you can borrow beautiful clothing instead of buying them (although most items are for sale as well). Good for the people and the environment!
– Le Deux Frères: a concept store just for men!
Clubs & Bars at the Jordaan
The Jordaan is known for their many bars where it’s crowded pretty much every night of the week. Fun cafés are:
– Brandstof, Cafe Nol, Cafe Thijssen
Did we miss a hotspot from Jordaan? Let us know because we want to keep the Jordaan Guide up-to-date!
And have you spotted Yourlbb’s guides for other must visit districts yet? Check them here:
Amsterdam City Center >> Amsterdam East >> Amsterdam North >> Amsterdam Old South >> Amsterdam West >> De Baarsjes >> De Pijp >> Haarlemmerbuurt >> Nine Streets >> NDSM Wharf >> Red Light District >> Rivierenbuurt >> Spaarndammerbuurt >> Stadionbuurt
Anne de Buck