Amsterdam weekend guide for October 18, 19 and 20!
I’m a weekly guest with Your Little Black Book on English Breakfast Radio (local radio
99.4 FM). Every week I create an Amsterdam weekend guide with only the best handpicked things to do in Amsterdam. I can’t wait to go and dance at Amsterdam Dance Event this weekend :-). Or try the pulled pork at Bar Brouw!
Food & Drinks
– This new hotspot is one not to miss for everyone who loves meat :-). At Bar Brouw it’s all about artisanal meat… slow roasted or smoked! Yummy.
-The “vegetarische slager” is for the ones who instead of going to Bar Brouw love to skip the meat from time to time.
– Do you love art ánd food? Then hotspot 5&33 is the place to be for you! Yummy food great cocktails.
– I LOVE New York style all day bistros! Amsterdam is home to a new all day cafe with delicious food and a after midnight snack menu. I’m a fan of The Dutch Co!
Out & About
– This weekend is all about Amsterdam Dance Event :-). And Your Little Black Book listed the 4 best parties a night. Curious? Check the ADE tips here!
– In FOAM there’s a new exhibit about 40 years of magazine photography. As a print and photography lover I will definitely check this one out! Until December 11.
– Vintage lovers alert. The ladies from C4CVintage opened a warehouse and shop close to the Nieuwmarkt in Amsterdam. What we like: Vintage Wearhouse is open til 7 pm almost every night. So drop by after work.
– For cool clothes you don’t have to go to New York… or Antwerp anymore ;-). Since Friday October 20 just go to Urban Outfitters in Amsterdam for your dose of street style clothes and accessories. We like!
Still there to visit:
– Do you like street food and food trucks just as much as I do? Then I have good news! Every weekend in October there will be food trucks in the Amsterdam forest. More info on Rollende Keukens Amsterdamse Bos here.
– A new pop-up restaurant opens at People’s Place at the Stadhouderskade :-). If you love the real authentic Italian cuisine created by a top chef than Solo Venerdi is an event not to miss. Every Friday until December. More on Solo Venerdi here.– Cool art exhibit by Selwyn Senatori until October 6! Kunsthuis Amsterdam is a gallery and art library at Rokin 55.
– At the Eduard Planting Gallery a very cool exhibit opens with newly discovered black and white photographs of celebrity photographer Terry O’neill opens this wekeend. Until October 19!
– More beautiful photo’s to check out at the new exhibit in the OBA (public library) near Amsterdam Central Station. An Amsterdam Street Diary with pictures from my favourite city by the young photographer Julie Hrudova. Until October 30.
Pssssst… here’s a list with the new shops, restaurants and bars in Amsterdam that opened last month
– Great news for the vegetarians or flexitarians among us! There’s a butcher shop that only sells vegetarian meat at the Rozengracht now called ‘De Vegeratische Slager’. Love their products and you really don’t taste that it’s not real meat :-).
– Do you love Scandinavian design? Then hurry to the HAY store close to the Spui. At this design lover heaven you can buy everything from furniture to table wear.
– Oldschool is a new hotspot that’s now open with the restaurant. I love the interior! It’s a mix of industrial and bistro which reminds me of other great restaurants like De Goudfazant and Rijsel.
– Do you know the great butcher and delicatessen shop in Amsterdam Old South called Van Dam? Good news! They opened a bistro next door called Brasserie Van Dam. Expect classic bistro style dishes with some of the most popular dishes and meats from the butcher shop!
– Chow at the Rozengracht is the newest hotspot from nightlife icon Casper Reinders (Jimmy Woo, Roses Cantina). The interior is stylish as always and the food pan Asian.
– Pasta e Basta the famous Italian restaurant created a whole new menu together with chef Ron Blaauw! Pure and delicious.
– Another hotspot by Casper Reinders is totally renewed. Bo5 turned the lounge area into a French-Moroccan bistro with a classy bistro style interior design. Perfect for dinner after a day of shopping in the city center.
– The Ruyschkamer is a new all day cafe in the street where I live (Yeah!): the Ruyschstraat in Amsterdam East. This hotspot is open from 7.59 am for coffee to go or stay, offers free wifi and you can stay for the dinner of the day after work.
– Remember Toren in Amsterdam North I was raving about a few weeks ago? Just behind the former Shell toren you find ‘A lab’ that is home to The Coffee Virus. A new cafe serving coffee, cake and lunch from Monday to Friday. Overhoeksplein 2 in Amsterdam North.
– Nieuwe brunch hotspot: Staring at Jacob at the Jacob van Lennepkade. Serving Californian style brunch, so expect all the traditional American brunch dishes but then light and healthy.
– Do you love frozen yogurt just as much as I do? At De Pijp there’s a new yogurt hotspot called Yoghurt Barn at the Eerste van der Helststraat. Besides delicious frozen yogurt they also serve a high tea style brunch!
– The newest club in town is ABE. Located at the Amstelstraat this club is for 27 and up. Finally a place where I don’t feel old ;-). Expect a New York or London style private club, with classy velvet couches and great service.
– There’s a new bar concept in the beautiful Conservatorium hotel. If you’re up for a small snack during the day while shopping in Amsterdam Old South or late at night you can now go to the Tunes Bar!
– From the creators of Magneet Festival: Magnetico! A new restaurant in the shape of a submarine. Starting with a full menu in October.
– Cafe Vrijdag is a new grand cafe hotspot on the border of the Rivierenbuurt in Amsterdam and Amsterdam East. A huge cafe and restaurant with a very trendy interior!
– Société Wunderbär is a new bar and restaurant concept in a tiny alley between the Kalvertstraat and Rokin.
– Toren is the new creative hub in Amsterdam North. Opened by ID&T founder Duncan Stutterheim and Sander Groet from club Air the former Shell toren Overhoeks will be turned into a multi functional meeting place. From a 24h club and cafe / restaurant that are already opened to offices and a viewing point.
– Ricardo’s in Odeon is finally open! It’s the newest addition to the pure and rough farm to table restaurant scene. No set menu’s but dinner made and created fresh to order. Read all about Ricardo’s in Odeon here!
– There’s a new club at the Volkskrant building. Until the remodeling of Canvas is ready you can dance the night away at Doka in the basement of the building.
It’s going to be a fabulous weekend in Amsterdam! What are your plans? Let me know at @yourLBB or #yourLBB :-).
PS: more hotspots are in the Amsterdam Little Black Book. A city guide to Amsterdam with the best restaurants, shops and things to do. Always new addresses coming up so check out your online Little Black Book daily for the latest hotspots in town!
Let’s get social!
Follow Your Little Black Book on social media and I’m happy to keep you updated on the latest hotspots. We www.instagram.com/yourLBB
@yourLBB or www.twitter.com/yourLBB
& watch my vlogs on my YouTube channel
Anne de Buck