12 x things you don’t want to miss at Taste of Amsterdam 20171 June 2017
june 2 till 5 you want to go to food festival Taste of Amsterdam
YES, it’s almost time for Taste of Amsterdam, the nicest culinary festival in Amsterdam in the Amstelpark. From June 2 till 5 we can enjoy the best dishes made by chefs from Amsterdam, follow workshops given by well known names, and just have some quality time with friends. This year there is so many to do, besides trying signature dishes of course. Think of workshops, shopping and also enjoying some entertainment like music. We made a list with our favourite 12 things you don’t want to miss at Taste of Amsterdam. Enjoy!
12 x to do’s at Taste of Amsterdam for a foodieproof day
- Try signature dishes from the best restaurants. For this restaurant festival, the best restaurants and their chef will prepare their classic dishes as a small dish for you too taste, and small because this way, you can try many of them. Think of restaurants like Happy Happy Joy Joy, BAUT, Pesca, Blauw, The French Connection, ROAST, The Harbour Club, Visaandeschelde, De Kruidfabriek, ’t Amsterdammertje*, THE BUTCHER, Persijn Dutch Eatery and Pikoteo. And as newbies; The Good Companion and Vesuvius.
- Go on the Vueve Clicquot Journey! And take a look at the most exclusive restaurants of Amsterdam. Think of Occo (from hotel The Dylan), Bridges – (from hotel The Grand) and Veuve – (from the Okura Hotel), led by Onno Kokmeijer, Andrès Delpeut Ron Blaauw (from Ron Gastrobar) and Dennis Kuipers. We want to try it!
- Follow a workshop. Are you a meat lover? Follow the ‘Perfect Chicken’ workshop in the Big Green Egg School and become a pro when it comes to preparing chicken.
- Learn how to cook a Michelin-star dish at home. Jonnie Boer and Jan Smink of the Librije*** will show you at the ‘AEG Tasteology’ that cooking good dishes all comes to having the right equipment and ingredients and is something you can do at home too. We are going to sign up so we can impress our boyfriends on dinner dates!
- Bake some bread. This is the second time the ‘AEG Baking Lab’ is opened, and home bakers can come and bake delicious breads together with baker Edwin Klaasen. Handy if you want to be able to surprise your love with some freshly baked bread.
- Follow a wine tasting or spirit masterclass. Always wanted to know more about the drinks you’re drinking? Think of the good Casillero del Diablo. Go here to taste some wines or go to the spirit masterclass during Taste.
- Want to know more about the Bloody Mary? Ketel One defies hangovers with a Bloody Mary workshop. And that’s our personal favourite cocktail!
- Rather a glass of beer? Gulpener teaches Tasters all about the barley beer during their beer lecture.
- But maybe the coolest thing: score a VIP table for you and your friends. Are you planning on going to Taste of Amsterdam with 4 friends? For €300,- (including VAT), you can book a VIP table. Read here what you’ll get: table for 4 persons at the taste bar, with service + 4 entrance tickets or guest list spots + glass of champagne + glass of Aperol Spritz + national beverage arrangement with the best brands (wine, beer + soda) + €20,- worth of Florijnen for each person, to use at the event.
- Dance dance dance! Of course there is entertainment to make your day even more fun. There will be a DJ at the event playing the best music, until the event is over.
- Follow the contest to see who’s going to be the best Taste-chef. At Taste the World with Etihad Airways, topchefs will battle for a place in the worldwide Taste the World final in Abu Dhabi. Only one Dutch chef can go to this final to have a chance to become the best Taste-chef of the world.
- Bring Taste of Amsterdam home. Visit the foodmarket, try special ingredients and take them home for a Taste of Home.
TASTE OF AMSTERDAM 2017
Dates & times: June 2 till 5
Friday June 2: 3 PM – 11 PM
Saturday June 3: 12 PM – 11 PM
Sunday June 4: 12 PM – 11 AM
Monday June 5: 12 PM – 11 AM
Location: Amstel Park, Amsterdam
More information: tasteofamsterdam.com
Now on Yourlbb.tv
Hortus by Light Amsterdam is a special evening program during the cold winter nights at
Looking for nice things to do in Amsterdam this weekend? Check out this Amsterdam weekend