Amsterdam Weekend Guide for November 24, 25 & 2623 November 2017
HELLO WEEKEND! If you thought that the fun events would decrease as the winter comes, you’re wrong. This weekend there are a lot of things not to miss. Do you love oysters? Then go to the BAUT Oesterfest. As real art lover you can’t miss the Amsterdam Art Weekend 2017 this weekend. Sunday brunch day and create your own Ketel One Vodka Bloody Marys during Let The Be Brunch at PARK Café Restaurant, or go discobowling at Club Knijn and shopping at the IJ-Hallen flea market. Check out these and more tips for this weekend in the Amsterdam Weekend Guide for November 24, 25 & 26. Have fun! TIP: We just added new addresses to our Amsterdam City Guide app! With 700 of the best addresses we’ve collected during 5 years of Your Little Black Book our app will guide you to only the best places in town. From lunch spots to neighborhood guides, restaurants and a nearby map search so you can always find a spot close by. Available for iOS and Android, for only € 3,49. I really hope you like this new extension of Your Little Black Book!
- Sunday November 26 november it’s brunch time! Book a table for Let There Be Brunch at PARK Café Restaurant for a full brunch with a Ketel One Vodka Bloody Mary and a Bloody Mary cocktail workshop for € 25,-. Reserve your brunch via email@example.com for the seating from 11.30-13.30 or 14.30-16.30. Enjoy!
- Saturday November 25 is the official opening of The Seafood Shop in the Leidsestraat! And they want to celebrate this with neighbours, Amsterdammers and other fish lovers ;-) Take a look at the new store, full of fried cod fish, herring, corn wine, oysters and more. YUM!
- Friday November 24 you can have oysters for €1,- at BAUT Paradijs at the BAUT Oesterfest. Besides oysters there are also G&T’s for €5,-. At 5 PM the first oysters are opened…
- On Saturday November 25 Winehouse SOMM invites you for a Table d’hôte. This evening you’ll be surprised with a four-course menu for €43, -. Exciting!
- Saturday November 25 is the G&T Release Party 2.0 at Venster 33, with G&T’s for €5,- ! With both new and ‘old but gold’ G&T’s this promises to be a great party ;-)
- Oeh-la-la so many great food places have opened their doors over the past few weeks. We are still very busy visiting them all for a full report, but have you been to these new hotspots yet?
PS: Did you already see our new video with the Malta Travel guide on YOURLBB.TV ?
- Do you want to know which restaurants will open soon? Keep an eye on our new ‘Coming Soon’ section! We just added new places to the blog.
Do you tend to hang out often in your own neighbourhood during the weekend? We get you! But Amsterdam is so diverse that it’s nice to try to discover another part of the city too and that’s why we updated some of our favourite street blogs for you!
- Tip: We have a lot more fun lists! Check them here >>
- From November 23 till 26 is the Amsterdam Art Weekend 2017. At this contemporary art weekend, there will be a full program with more than 100 events at more than 50 different locations for four days. The perfect opportunity to discover new developments in the visual arts!
- Saturday November 25, Club Knijn will held Club Knijn Acid House Rave: Spaceandtime Allnighter. This means disco bowling with timeless house anthems with Eric de Man & Aron Friedman. Be quick if you want to be there, because the tickets are almost sold out ;-)
- On November 25 and 26 The Maker Market and Etsy will be joining forces for the first edition of: Etsy Made in NL. In addition to the large selection of brands on The Maker Market, you can now also take a look at the brands of Etsy!
- Museum Willet-Holthuysen will show in the exhibition that opens this Saturday how the wealthy married couple Willet celebrated Christmas in the 19th century. In their imposing city palace on the Herengracht, his dining room, ballroom and garden room are transformed into the Christmas spheres of that time. Cool!
- Also this weekend you can go ice skating at the Museumplein again! The ICE Amsterdam skating rink will be back for a new season full of joy until February 4. Time to get your ice skates out of the basement!
- Until this Sunday you can go to the 31th edition of PAN Amsterdam in the RAI. Thé place to be for art, antiques and design. As a true art lover you can’t miss this event!
- Did you have an expensive holiday and need to watch your money? These 13 things in Amsterdam cost nothing and are actually fun to do at least once!
- No idea what to do today? Check out our Amsterdam Bucketlist with 56 things you should have done at least once in your life in Amsterdam!
- Planning a movie date? These are the nicest movies to watch this month! From action movies to the real feel good ones.
- This Friday November 24 it’s Black Friday and that means that a lot of webshops have a lot of great offers and discounts on their website. Check our favourite webshops and shop a nice Christmas dress, pretty lingerie or even a hotel stay for a nice price. Ps: most offers are valid all weekend ;-) Have fun shoppingZalando, De Bijenkorf, Asos, Hunkemoller, Forever 21, Ray-ban, Scotch & Soda, River Island, Hotels.nl, Boohoo.com, HEMA, Mango, Sarenza
- Shopping tip: sign up for the La Dress Sample Sale today and Saturday November 25 to shop your party dress with discounts up to 70%. Items from all collections and in all sizes from XXS to XXL! Free entrance but you need a ticket to enter.
- Lovers of bohemian fashion pay attention because CHA organizes a VIP Event on Saturday November 25. With discounts up to 70%, a lucky wheel with every hour prizes and prosecco and sandwiches to start your shopping spree. Look for all up-to-date information on the CHA Facebook event page.
- Black Friday Shopping tip: only from November 24 – 26 you can benefit from additional savings in Batavia Stad Fashion Outlet during their Black Friday Event. Upon entering Batavia Stad Fashion Outlet, we welcome you and you will receive a leaflet, with 4 sticker. Use an extra savings sticker on an item of choice at the participating stores and choose your discount (25% on Friday and 15% on Saturday and Sunday). Check out the website for the participating stores.
- This weekend on Saturday November 25 and Sunday November 26 it’s time again for the IJ-Hallen. On this flea market at the NDSM wharf you can score the best items!
- This Friday is Sweet Black Friday at Gesponnen Suiker. From 11 AM till 7 PM you can score items with many discounts at this sugar sale. Fun!
- This weekend on Saturday and Sunday there is another Goosecraft Sample Sale. Perfect if you are still looking for a nice winter coat!
- It’s November which means we’ll soon be wearing cloves and hats on the bycicle. Good news if you need to stop winter accessories, because Barts has opened 3 pop-up stores in the centre of Amsterdam! You’ll find the stores at Haarlemmerdijk 14, Heiligeweg 18 and Prinsengracht 292. Read about these stores in our new blog. This weekend from November 24 till 26 there is also the Barts Sample Sale 2017. Score here the most beautiful hats, shawls, ponchos, bags and other winter accessories.
- Can’t you get enough of the beautiful concept stores in Amsterdam? If you’re looking for a nice gift for someone else or for yourself: there is always something nice or cute to find in a concept store. That’s why we listed our favourite concept stores to shop the most beautiful items.
- Want a new wardrobe for Autumn? Then go to Essentiel, one of our favourite shops in Amsterdam! The new Fall / Winter 2017 collection is all about miracles and fairy tales. Mythical figures and heroines can be seen in the prints of the clothes, but also in the accessories, like bags, sjawls and jewelry. How nice!
- Until January 2019 you can go to the exhibition Fashion Cities Africa at the Tropenmuseum. At this new exhibition in the Tropenmuseum, fashion scenes in four major African cities are central: Casablanca, Johannesburg, Nairobi and Lagos. Many fashion designers, bloggers and stylists from these cities have become popular on social media worldwide.
- Besides that, the new (permanent) exhibition Heden van het Slavernijverleden will also be displayed in the Tropenmuseum from October 6. With their exhibition Heden van het slavernijverleden, the Tropenmuseum wants to make the visitor aware of the current legacy of slavery and colonialism in the Netherlands. Slavery and the stories of the slaves are part of a joint, shared and black-and-white past. A past that co-forms and influences Dutch society.
- Great news! The exhibition Banksy – Laugh Now in the Moco Museum has been extended until 31 may 2018. On the ground floor you can go to Banksy: Laugh Now. About 50 works can be seen here from the street art legend, and you have to see it at least once. It’s the first time in history that there’s an exhibition with the work of Banksy. You can also go to the beautiful exhibition of Salvador Dalí. 28 years ago one of the most famous artists died and his most iconic work as for example the melting clocks and tables with ‘high heels’ are ready to be seen at the Moco Museum.
- Until January 28 you can go to the exhibition Accessories are a Girl’s Best Friend in Tassenmuseum Hendrikje. In this new exhibiton the most remarkable pieces of the Rijksmuseum’s accessory collection are shown. Including parasols, umbrellas, hats, hair accessories, sjawls, gloves, shoes and stockings. These hidden fashion treasures are usually stored in the Rijksmuseum depot, but from September 16 2017 until January 28 2018 you can see them in Tassenmuseum Hendrikje.
- Do you need more inspiration? Check out the other 12 exhibitions in Amsterdam of this month.
- On Friday November 24 it’s time again for Cirque Du ZoLeip in the Chin Chin Club. A crazy party with belly dancers and acrobats and nice Disco, House, Hip Hop and R&B tracks.
- This Saturday Bongo’s Bingo is back in Amsterdam for their third show in Panama. Expect bizarre dance offs, rave rounds, games and lots of prizes. This promises to be a spectacular party again ;-)
- Tropicalismo is back! On Friday November 24 you can go to Tropicalismo in Amsterdam Roest. Sick of the cold? Then dance to the most fun samba, afro and carribean hits and other music and lose yourself in tropical atmospheres.
- This Saturday is the opening of the Wintercircus season at Thuishaven! The tickets are already sold out, but if you réally don’t want to miss this party, score one of the 300 tickets sold at the door from 1 PM on both days!
- 21 x the nicest clubs in Amsterdam to go to every weekend.
If you’d ask me, the weekend is the perfect moment to play your next trip. Did you already check out these travel/city guides on Your Little Black Book?
- Have you ever been to Athens? We listed the best tips for you in our city guide. Check them here and get inspired.
- We can’t wait to go to an adventurous destination like Vietnam! Check the travel guide here and book your flight tickets ;-)
- Sometimes it’s also surprisingly fun to go on a staycation! How about a weekend trip to Eindhoven? Check our city guide for the best tips.
- Curious what it’s like to release baby sea turtles in Sri Lanka? Check our video on YOURLBB.TV!
- Get our
- Amsterdam app
- With over 800 hotspots nearby
Now on Yourlbb.tv
I’m a little anxious to say this, but HI THERE dear people… it’s the end of
I’m a little anxious to say this, but HI THERE dear people… it’s the end of
YES, soon we can order the famous steak of Loetje Zuidas Amsterdam in Amsterdam South
Either way you want to go out for an extensive dinner or for a quick