Amsterdam Weekend Guide for January 26, 27 and 2825 January 2018
YES, it’s time for the weekend again! And for many of you this week may not have been that bad, because there has been a record in temperature this Wednesday in The Netherlands. Something we didn’t mind at all at Yourlbb HQ. I’m in the middle of the deadline for my new books, but this week I just had to stop by restaurant 212 and the new Baut location for a tasting. Both great additions to the restaurant scene if you ask me. And now it’s already weekend and this weekend is packed with cool events. From brunches (so many choices) to shopping at the IJ-Hallen, De Moderne Hippie Markt or The Maker Market at De Hallen. In the new Amsterdam Weekend Guide voor 26, 27 & 28 januari we collected 39 of the best tips for you!
HAPPY WEEKEND! <3
39 tips for fun things to do this weekend in amsterdam
- BAUT opens the doors on the new location at Spaarndammerstraat on the 27th with a great party (more info here) and is there to stay for 18 months. With a very cool interior design and delicious food. They also have a nice bar area for drinks!
- This Saturday the newest hotspot in the East of Amsterdam, Fyrre, will open its door! They’ll celebrate this with a festive opening from 3PM. Expect lots of oysters, fresh fish and lots of Scandinavian influences. Check out the Facebook event here.
- It’s time for shopping at the IJ-Hallen again this weekend! On Saturday and Sunday you can score the best items here. For the real gems you’d have to be on time, so early birds: knock yourselves out ;-). Check out the Facebook event here.
- Feel like an evening of fine dining this weekend, in a beautiful setting? From January 22nd pop-up restaurant La Gita is open in hotel The Grand. You really imagine yourself in Italy here!
- This Sunday is the Grand Opening of Miss Moneypenny and that means that from now on you can come here to enjoy the best international streetfood and cocktails!
- From this Sunday on Mama Dough, one of the best pizzerias in Amsterdam, will host Aperitivo every week. Cocktails for a special price, some music and of course lots of Italian snacks. Bon appetito! Click here for the Facebook event.
- For a nice boozy brunch you’d have to go to the Bottemless Brunch in the INK Hotel this Sunday. For € 29,- per person you’ll get an extensive menu, including cocktails and unlimited glasses with bubbles! Not a bad way to spend your Sunday at all ;-). Check out the Facebook event here.
- Feel like having some oysters on Sunday? That’s possible, at Remise47. On Sunday it’s time for Oesters & Bubbels. From this Sunday you can go here every week from 3PM – 7PM and of course they’ll take care of some music.
- Do you prefer oysters during the Friday afternoon drinks? Also a possibility. Venster 33 has an Oysters and G&P Night on Friday from 4PM. Yes, you read that correct, it’s G&P, as in Gin & Prosecco. Something different for a change ;-). Check out the Facebook event here.
- It’s time for some dancing again this weekend while enjoying the best view of Amsterdam. As this Saturday De Loft in the A’DAM Toren will be the host of the party VBX 5YR. This party is definitely for the early birds among us, because this techno party starts as early as 9AM! A perfect location to enjoy the sunrise from. Click here for the Facebook event.
- Fans of vinyl definitely don’t want to skip Zwarte Liefde in Amsterdam Roest this Saturday. Crates filled with old vinyl records where you can snoop around to see if there’s something interesting in it, but there will also be lots of cocktails and you’re also more than welcome here for just a dance! Click here for the Facebook event.
- Frits at the Mercator Square will spin the best hits and guilty pleasures this Saturday. The beers are on sale, and it’s recommended to have a burger beforehand… oh my, they’re so tasty! Check out the Facebook event here.
- If you’re into fine dining on Sunday Izakaya is you’re go-to. They’ll host the Supreme Brunch this weekend, with lots of champagne, cocktails and of course many snacks. There’ll also be a DJ and more entertainment, so that it’s going to be a great party on Sunday is a given! In case you’re a little late for brunch, you can also stop by later and still enjoy the music. Check out the Facebook event here.
- Want to do something else for a change on Sunday? If so, go to the Moderne Hippie Markt in the WesterUnie! Here you’ll find the cutest, honest, sustainable vinage & hippie initiatives. Of couse you can also come here for just a bite and a drink. Check out the Facebook event here for more info and the participating brands.
- Are you a yoga-fanatic, but would you like something else than the ‘regular’ yoga? If yes, you should definitely go to The Hoxton this Saturday. In the morning they’ll host the Fat Buddha Yoga. Everyone can join, from the beginners to the pros. Click here for the Facebook event with more info.
- This Saturday there’s finally a real good party in the Paradiso again. This location in Amsterdam remains a special one and this weekend they’ll host the well-known Cartel. Among others, techno DJ Kevin Saunderson will be there. There are still a couple of tickets so act quick if you want to go! Check out the Facebook event here.
- Having a family get-together this Sunday? Restaurant Jansz is hosting Family Sundays on this day. That means that for the little ones there are lots of options when it comes to food and there’s even a game room! Perfect if you want to organize a family-trip. Click here for the Facebook event with more info.
- The real carnivores will definitely want to go to Cannibale Royale this Sunday. The location in the North of Amsterdam will host the Cannibale’s Sunday Brunch, where you can participate in workshops, enjoy live music and Bloody Mary’s that have a special price! Besides enjoying the food, of course ;-). Check out the Facebook event here.
- Whoever feels like dancing the night away this Saturday came to the right place at the Chin Chin Club. Saturday they’ll throw the Bonzai party with a Japanese touch here and there. So you can definitely put on your Geisha outfit and shamelessly drink sake the entire evening ;-). Check out the Facebook event here.
- This Saturday and Sunday you can again visit The Maker Market in De Hallen. Here young and innovative brands will get a stage. Often it’s new brands but also familiar faces are present. And you can find almost everything here, from food to non-food items. Click here for the Facebook event with more info and the brands that you can find there.
BUT MAKE SURE TO NOT SKIP THESE TIPS…
- Up until May 2018 the exposition by Roy Lichtenstein can be visited in the Moco Museum. Doesn’t the name ring a bell? Chances are you do know his work. This pop-up artist has made lots of well-known pieces of art and can be compared to Andy Warhol. The exposition of Banksy can also be seen up until May 2018.
- After Mister Makan it’s now the turn to Meatless District to host a pop-up at the Kopstootbar. So veggies will definitely want to visit here! Up until February 10 they’ll serve a 3-course menu every day (except for Monday and Sunday) in De Kopstootbar.
- Want to do something else this Saturday evening for a change, other than clubbing or hanging out in a bar? Then check out the midnight show in Toomler. 6 stand up comedians will entertain you from midnight on, often by familiar faces like Theo Maassen, Henry van Loon and Patrick Laureij.
- Want to plan a coffee date with friends this weekend? These 12 coffee spots have opened their doors in Amsterdam in 2017!
- Every Saturday and Sunday it’s time for drinks at Partisan starting from 3PM. Delicious wines or a nice cocktail together with the best bar bites. Also a 3-course lunch menu is possible. Check the Facebook event here.
- Chances are that you’ve took a Polaroid photo while on a night out in the town. In a way this always beats a simple photo taken with your phone. And that’s exactly what Bettie Ringma and Marc Miller thought as well. Their exposition Polaroid Amsterdam can be seen in Galerie Stigter & Van Doesburg from January 13. They show the polaroids that they’ve took in the years 1979/1980 in the bars of Amsterdam. Fun! Check out the Facebook event here.
- Craving a nice French breakfast with French toast? Libertine Comptoir de Cuisine is now open. You can come to this all-day spot for a day full of French toast and many more!
- Till January 2019 you can see the exposition Fashion Cities Africa in the Tropenmuseum. At this new exposition in the Tropenmuseum the scenes of fashion in four large African cities play the lead: Casablanca, Johannesburg, Nairobi and Lagos. Lots of fashion designers, bloggers and stylists from these cities have gained worldwide popularity on social media. With their designs, photos and videos they inspire fashion lovers from all around the world.
- Would you like to make more cultural trips in 2018? Then check out our list with 13 beautiful expositions you can visit this January!
- Have you started this new year in a healthy way? Check out our list with 30 healthy hotspots to go for a guilt-free dinner!
- We can finally go ice skating in Amsterdam again! On the ice rink ICE Amsterdam on Museum Square all the skaters are welcome, from the pros to the beginners. Or also if you just want to drink a glühwein and support the skaters from the side, of course.
- And read all about at which museums you can have a great dinner closeby here!
- Would you like to go out for dinner this weekend but don’t know where? These 32 hotspots have opened their doors in 2017!
- Start the new year completely zen? Check out the 8 best yoga spots in Amsterdam!
- Feel like having a nice and quiet weekend? These 6 movies that are in theatres now are some you’ll definitely want to see!
- More tips in our winter lists:
- Up until February 18th you can visit the Beurs van Berlage to see the exposition “Legendary Trunks” about the history of the iconic Louis Vuitton suitcase. A must visit for anyone who’s into travelling, because you hear all about the history of travelling and the part the suitcase plays in that. I secretly would love one of those suitcases that you can put down as a wardrobe. Good old times!
- Feel like doing something different in Amsterdam for a change, but don’t know what? Check out our Amsterdam Bucketlist with 56 things you have to have done at least once in your life!
- Would you like to know which restaurants will be opening soon? Keep a close eye on our ‘Coming Soon‘ list! We’ve just added some new gems.
- Tip: We’ve got many more great lists! Check them here >>
PSSSST… DISCOVER MORE (TRAVEL)TIPS IN MY (NEW) BOOKS!
- Feed Your Wanderlust – Travel Guide for a bohemian lifestyle (new in 2018)
- Staycation – 22 guides and shortlists for a vacation close to home (new in 2018)
- Wanderlust – Urban Travel Style Guide
- De Amsterdam City Guide (Dutch) & The Amsterdam City Guide (English)
- Get our
- Amsterdam app
- With over 800 hotspots nearby
Now on Yourlbb.tv
De eerste vestiging van Back to Black Coffee was al een begrip in de Weteringstraat
De eerste vestiging van Back to Black Coffee was al een begrip in de Weteringstraat
The 60 best terraces in Amsterdam per neighbourhood in Amsterdam!
Let me get straight to the point: our dear son Manuel is born and all the