Amsterdam Weekend Guide for February 2, 3 & 42 February 2018
We did it, we survived the first month of 2018! I’ve personally been pretty pleased that the actual cold of the winter has stayed away for now and I’m hoping that will still be the case in February ;-). Of course there’s again lots of things to do this weekend in Amsterdam, and we’ll give you the best tips! Perhaps the Sunday Market at the Westergas area, that has been transformed into the Valentines Market this one time. And there are lots of brunches again this weekend on Sunday, and even a Run & Brunch where you, together with a group, go for a run of 5km or 10km. Afterwards you get to enjoy an extensive healthy brunch. The partygoers also have enough options, like De School that is hosting a non-stop party this weekend. These and more tips in the new Amsterdam Weekend Guide!
HAPPY WEEKEND! <3
38 TIPS FOR FUN THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND IN AMSTERDAM
- Wijmpje Beukers celebrated their one year bday last week! In case you’ve missed their birthday party, no worries. If you feel like an evening out at one of our fav restaurants they’re totally ready for you.
- Fans of Jazz music or if you just want to go out for a drink on Sunday you came to the right place at the Pulitzer. From 4 in the afternoon the live music will start and the bar is ready for all the cocktails you might want to order.
- Want to buy some last-minute gifts for Valentines day? Or if you just want to have a fun Sunday, go to the Valentines Market on the Westergas terrain. It’s the Sunday Market like we know it, but with a romantic touch. Check out the Facebook event here.
- It’s time for oysters on Saturday at The Good Companion in the Jordaan. At their party Oysters Gulping & Slurping they’re €1,- and they’ll take care of enough champagne and Grüner Veltliner to drink with it. Click here for the Facebook event.
- Doesn’t matter if you’re a sports fan or not, but you probably have heard of the Superbowl. It’s the event of the year in the US and it starts to get more hyped here in the Netherlands. That’s why you can watch the entire event live at several spots in the city, like Le Patron. You do have to stay awake for quite a while to watch the whole thing, as it starts at 8PM and ends at 7AM! Check out the Facebook event here.
- Have you secretly always wanted a princess gown, or are you looking for a costume for carnaval? This Saturday you can go to the National Opera, as they’re hosting a Costume Sale! Click here for the Facebook event.
- Combine a nice brunch with a sporty day? At Ferilli’s that’s possible this Sunday. First you go for a run, or walk, of 5km or 10km (and very convenient, you can store your stuff there) and afterwards you can take a seat and enjoy an extensive brunch. Run & Brunch will start at 10.30AM. Click here for more info and the Facebook event.
- The Kloffie Markt will be at De Hallen this whole weekend. Here they stand for quality over quantity, and so you’re sure of a one of kind item you take home! Check the Facebook event with more info here.
- We can go ice skating in Amsterdam! And this is your last chance, as Sunday will be the last day it’s open. On the ice rink ICE Amsterdam on Museum Square all the skaters are welcome, from the pros to the beginners. Or also if you just want to drink a glühwein and support the skaters from the side, of course.
- You probably haven’t missed the passing of pop legend Prince. Amsterdam Roest still hasn’t gotten over it completely and that’s why they’re hosting a tribute to him this Saturday. Songs of Prince for hours and party like it’s 1999! Click here for the Facebook event.
- Brunch on Sunday, it’s really hot and happening nowadays. The staff of Meneer Nieges completely agrees with this and that’s why they’re hosting an elaborate brunch including cocktails this Sunday! At Let There Be Brunch you can get an all-in menu for €25,- p.p. including a Bloody Mary and an Espresso Martini! Check the Facebook event here.
- The ones that aren’t planning on seeing their bed the entire weekend can go all out at De School at the party Het Weekend. You won’t have to go home till Monday morning 7AM. Check the Facebook event here.
- Dive into the piles of vintage clothes looking for the hidden gems. At RADION there’s the Vintage Kilo Sale this Saturday. Make sure to be on time in order to score the very best items! The event will start at 12PM, click here for the Facebook event with more info.
- Brunch on Sunday and meanwhile watch one of the best comedies all time, that’s what’s happening this Sunday at LAB 111. This Sunday they’ll be viewing Little Miss Sunshine which is really a must see for any movie fan. Check the Facebook event here.
- Are all those brunches on Sunday a bit too boring for your taste? No worries. This Sunday there’s also a party at Thuishaven! This time DJ De Sluwe Vos will spin some tunes among others. Check the Facebook event here with more info and the tickets.
- From Sunday afternoon the Braai Buffet Night will start at Bar Braai. The feeling of a winter barbecue, with the essential difference that you don’t have to do anything yourself ;-). Click here for the Facebook event with more info.
- For an ultimate chill Sunday you’d definitely have to go to the Volkshotel. On the 8th floor they’ll set up some jacuzzis, live music, something to eat and drink and all you have to do is enjoy! Every first Sunday of the month they’ll host the Badplaats Winter Sessions there. They’ve also taken care of blankets and heaters. Check the Facebook event here.
- There’s also a nice party at the Marktkantine this Saturday. The well known STRAF_WERK will be held there, where among others Benny Rodrigues and Alax Fitzpatrick will be the DJ. This party is always sold out, so make sure to act fast if you still want to buy tickets! Click here for the Facebook event.
- One of the nicest stores in West, Gesponnen Suiker, will host a Sale this Saturday. They will also be holding an auction, of where all the profits will directly go to the charity Free A Girl. Nice! Check the Facebook event here with more info.
- This Saturday De Microclub will come to Club Up / De Kring. Certainly recommended if you have something to do on Sunday or you don’t want to be too hungover. As they already start at 8PM! It ends at 1AM. The early bird tickets are already sold out so buy your tickets now if you want to be there. Click here for the Facebook event with more info and tickets.
BUT MAKE SURE TO NOT SKIP THESE TIPS…
- Up until May 2018 the exposition by Roy Lichtenstein can be visited in the Moco Museum. Doesn’t the name ring a bell? Chances are you do know his work. This pop-up artist has made lots of well-known pieces of art and can be compared to Andy Warhol. The exposition of Banksy can also be seen up until May 2018.
- Feel like doing some cultural trips this weekend? Check out our list with expositions you can visit in February!
- After Mister Makan it’s now the turn to Meatless District to host a pop-up at the Kopstootbar. So veggies will definitely want to visit here! Up until February 10 they’ll serve a 3-course menu every day (except for Monday and Sunday) in De Kopstootbar.
- Craving an evening of authentic Indonesian food? Then check out our list with the 8 x best rice tables of Amsterdam.
- Want to do something else this Saturday evening for a change, other than clubbing or hanging out in a bar? Then check out the midnight show in Toomler. 6 stand up comedians will entertain you from midnight on, often by familiar faces like Theo Maassen, Henry van Loon and Patrick Laureij.
- Every Saturday and Sunday it’s time for drinks at Partisan starting from 3PM. Delicious wines or a nice cocktail together with the best bar bites. Also a 3-course lunch menu is possible. Check the Facebook event here.
- Are you going skiing by car anytime soon? If so, check out our list with the ultimate tips for a ski vacation by car!
- Chances are that you’ve took a Polaroid photo while on a night out in the town. In a way this always beats a simple photo taken with your phone. And that’s exactly what Bettie Ringma and Marc Miller thought as well. Their exposition Polaroid Amsterdam can be seen in Galerie Stigter & Van Doesburg from January 13. They show the polaroids that they’ve took in the years 1979/1980 in the bars of Amsterdam. Fun! Check out the Facebook event here.
- Till January 2019 you can see the exposition Fashion Cities Africa in the Tropenmuseum. At this new exposition in the Tropenmuseum the scenes of fashion in four large African cities play the lead: Casablanca, Johannesburg, Nairobi and Lagos. Lots of fashion designers, bloggers and stylists from these cities have gained worldwide popularity on social media. With their designs, photos and videos they inspire fashion lovers from all around the world.
- And read all about at which museums you can have a great dinner closeby here!
- Would you like to go out for dinner this weekend but don’t know where? These 32 hotspots have opened their doors in 2017!
- Start the new year completely zen? Check out the 8 best yoga spots in Amsterdam!
- More tips in our winter lists:
- Up until February 18th you can visit the Beurs van Berlage to see the exposition “Legendary Trunks” about the history of the iconic Louis Vuitton suitcase. A must visit for anyone who’s into travelling, because you hear all about the history of travelling and the part the suitcase plays in that. I secretly would love one of those suitcases that you can put down as a wardrobe. Good old times!
- Feel like doing something different in Amsterdam for a change, but don’t know what? Check out our Amsterdam Bucketlist with 56 things you have to have done at least once in your life!
- Would you like to know which restaurants will be opening soon? Keep a close eye on our ‘Coming Soon‘ list! We’ve just added some new gems.
- Tip: We’ve got many more great lists! Check them here >>
PSSSST… DISCOVER MORE (TRAVEL)TIPS IN MY (NEW) BOOKS!
- Feed Your Wanderlust – Travel Guide for a bohemian lifestyle (new in 2018)
- Staycation – 22 guides and shortlists for a vacation close to home (new in 2018)
- Wanderlust – Urban Travel Style Guide
- De Amsterdam City Guide (Dutch) & The Amsterdam City Guide (English)
- Get our
- Amsterdam app
- With over 800 hotspots nearby
Now on Yourlbb.tv
De eerste vestiging van Back to Black Coffee was al een begrip in de Weteringstraat
De eerste vestiging van Back to Black Coffee was al een begrip in de Weteringstraat
The 60 best terraces in Amsterdam per neighbourhood in Amsterdam!
Let me get straight to the point: our dear son Manuel is born and all the