Amsterdam Weekend Guide for November 10, 11 & 129 November 2017
HELLO WEEKEND! It’s getting really cold, so we’re only looking forward to crawl on the couch under a blanket with hot chocolate and the new season of Stranger Things. Still, we have to pull ourselves off that couch because there are just so many fun things to do this weekend! For instance, you can go for Lobster Sunday to Proefwerk or enjoy an extensive brunch at The Duchess. There are also nice pop ups this weekend to start shopping for Sinterklaas and Christmas! And did you hear about the cool promo for the store re-opening of America Today already? They give away 50 goodiebags to early birds with a pair of Converse All Stars and an Eastpak bag! Check out these and more tips for this weekend in the Amsterdam Weekend Guide for November 10, 11 & 12. Have fun! TIP: We just added new addresses to our Amsterdam City Guide app! With 700 of the best addresses we’ve collected during 5 years of Your Little Black Book our app will guide you to only the best places in town. From lunch spots to neighborhood guides, restaurants and a nearby map search so you can always find a spot close by. Available for iOS and Android, for only € 3,49. I really hope you like this new extension of Your Little Black Book!
- Dandelyan Bar, selected this year for World’s Best Cocktail Bar, opens this weekend at Pulitzer’s Bar. On November 9 and 10 Dandelyan flies a team over to overwhelm us with their signatures cocktails. YUM!
- Did you know that Gwenn from Heel Holland Bakt is actually Head of Customer Service at the Seafood Bar? This friday you can go to Gwenn’s Pop-up Bakery at the Seafood Bar to taste Gwenn’s desserts all day!
- On Sunday November 12 the Tipsy Tea Party is held at The Duchess. Expect at this tea party live entertainment, champagne and an extensive brunch. Ps: the dress code is glamorous, so pull that glitter cocktail dress out of your closet ;-)
- Yay! Sunday November 12 it’s time again for Lobster Sunday at Proefwerk! Eat half a lobster for only €10,- and a whole one for €20,-. Lobster, fine wines and great DJs: we know where we’ll be this Sunday…
- This Friday is the official opening of the new store of Juicelab at the Haarlemmerdijk. Come and taste juices all day and try the cold pressed juices, smoothies, power balls and all day bowls. Yum!
- Ceviche lover? Order tickets for the Sjefietshé pop-ups in hotel Jansen on November 25 or at the Zoku hotel on the weekend of December 7, 8 and 9. For €50,- you get a 4 course ceviche menu with a matching wine arrangement!
- Oeh-la-la so many great food places have opened their doors over the past few weeks. We are still very busy visiting them all for a full report, but have you been to these new hotspots yet?
PS: Did you already see the video about sea turtles on Sri Lanka on YOURLBB.TV ?
- MEGA UPDATE: Do you want to know which restaurants will open soon? Keep an eye on our new ‘Coming Soon’ section! We just added new places to the blog.
Do you tend to hang out often in your own neighbourhood during the weekend? We get you! But Amsterdam is so diverse that it’s nice to try to discover another part of the city too and that’s why we updated some of our favourite street blogs for you!
- Tip: We have a lot more fun lists! Check them here >>
- On Saturday November 11 you can dance in the sand on the cosiest city beach of Amsterdam with headphones on and a cocktail in your hand. Go with your best friends to DOK’s Silent Disco & Cocktails for a fun night out!
- This weekend in the Westergasfabriek is the SIERAARD International Jewellery Art Fair. This fair stands entirely for jewellery, ornamentation and the art of jewellery. Fun!
- Until this Sunday you can go to the pop up of MaiQ in the Gerard Doustraat in the Pijp. For your Sinterklaas and Christmas shoppings you can go here for handmade fabric bags with unique prints!
- Did you have an expensive holiday and need to watch your money? These 13 things in Amsterdam cost nothing and are actually fun to do at least once!
- No idea what to do today? Check out our Amsterdam Bucketlist with 56 things you should have done at least once in your life in Amsterdam!
- Planning a movie date? These are the nicest movies to watch this month! From scary clowns to an actual cat documentary.
- This shopping tip is for early birds! Saturday November 11 the renewed store of America Today in the Sarphatistraat 48 opens te doors again. The cool thing is that the first 50 customers get a lucky number for a goodie bag when the store opens at 10 am. They can then pick up their goodie bag worth € 150,- including a pair of Converse All Stars and an Eastpak Springer bag. Sounds good right? Also nice: the first 150 visitors get free coffee and a donut from Dunkin Donuts! Not a morning person? No worries! You get a discount of 15% the whole day on the entire collection (excluding sale and other promotions). Nice to know: what makes this store extra special is that they also sell a vintage collection and that there are workspots where freelancers can work for free during the day. Meer info about the goodie bags and other promotions can be found at the Facebook event page!
- Do you know the sustainable brand Aesthetic Stories already? Until November 22 they have a pop-up store at Lil’ Amsterdam. Their new collection which is made of merino wool had such pretty colours. We’re in love! Read all about this pop-up here and keep an eye on our Facebook page this weekend for a chance to win a gift card so you can get to know the brand!
- In need of a good pair of jeans? This weekend is the Denham Friends & Family Sample Sale. In the Ruysdaelstraat you can shop for the most beautiful denim, jackets, outerwear, t-shirts, non-denim, accessories and more.
- It’s November which means we’ll soon be wearing cloves and hats on the bycicle. Good news if you need to stop winter accessories, because Barts has opened 3 pop-up stores in the centre of Amsterdam! You’ll find the stores at Haarlemmerdijk 14, Heiligeweg 18 and Prinsengracht 292. Read about these stores in our new blog.
- Can’t you get enough of the beautiful concept stores in Amsterdam? If you’re looking for a nice gift for someone else or for yourself: there is always something nice or cute to find in a concept store. That’s why we listed our favourite concept stores to shop the most beautiful items.
- Want a new wardrobe for Autumn? Then go to Essentiel, one of our favourite shops in Amsterdam! The new Fall / Winter 2017 collection is all about miracles and fairy tales. Mythical figures and heroines can be seen in the prints of the clothes, but also in the accessories, like bags, sjawls and jewelry. How nice!
- HELLO FALL FASHION! We listed our 8 favourite fall fashion trends that we spotted in New York. In this blog, we explain how we, without spending too much money, went on a shopping spree to Batavia Stad Fashion Outlet and tripled our budget by shopping with discounts up to 70% at shops such as: Scotch & Soda, Fred de la Bretonière, Summum Woman, Tommy Hilfiger, Denham, Calvin Klein, America Today, Shabbies Amsterdam, G-Star Raw and Samsonite. Check out all the brands at Batavia Stad Outlet via this link. Tip: From Amsterdam Central Station, a shopping shuttlebus runs to Batavia Stad Fashion Outlet every day.
- Too comfortable on your couch to leave the house during these rainy days? Then you can just shop for a new wardrobe at one of these webshops: MANGO, ZALANDO, NET-A-PORTER, ASOS, SCOTCH & SODA and HUNKEMÖLLER.
- Until January 2019 you can go to the exhibition Fashion Cities Africa at the Tropenmuseum. At this new exhibition in the Tropenmuseum, fashion scenes in four major African cities are central: Casablanca, Johannesburg, Nairobi and Lagos. Many fashion designers, bloggers and stylists from these cities have become popular on social media worldwide.
- Besides that, the new (permanent) exhibition Heden van het Slavernijverleden will also be displayed in the Tropenmuseum from October 6. With their exhibition Heden van het slavernijverleden, the Tropenmuseum wants to make the visitor aware of the current legacy of slavery and colonialism in the Netherlands. Slavery and the stories of the slaves are part of a joint, shared and black-and-white past. A past that co-forms and influences Dutch society.
- Great news! The exhibition Banksy – Laugh Now in the Moco Museum has been extended until 31 may 2018. On the ground floor you can go to Banksy: Laugh Now. About 50 works can be seen here from the street art legend, and you have to see it at least once. It’s the first time in history that there’s an exhibition with the work of Banksy. You can also go to the beautiful exhibition of Salvador Dalí. 28 years ago one of the most famous artists died and his most iconic work as for example the melting clocks and tables with ‘high heels’ are ready to be seen at the Moco Museum.
- Until January 28 you can go to the exhibition Accessories are a Girl’s Best Friend in Tassenmuseum Hendrikje. In this new exhibiton the most remarkable pieces of the Rijksmuseum’s accessory collection are shown. Including parasols, umbrellas, hats, hair accessories, sjawls, gloves, shoes and stockings. These hidden fashion treasures are usually stored in the Rijksmuseum depot, but from September 16 2017 until January 28 2018 you can see them in Tassenmuseum Hendrikje.
- UPDATE: Do you need more inspiration? Check out the other 12 exhibitions in Amsterdam of this month.
- This Saturday it’s time for the very first edition of Honeymoon x Waterkant with a line up consisting of: Bart Lit, The Lou and Disco Dylan. Gather your best friends and make the most out of the night ;-)
- Friday November 10 it’s time again for Terug naar Toen in the Chin Chin Club. This will be playing old-fashioned arcade games, karaoke singing, sing along with the best 90s and 00s hits, but especially party hard in the new hotspot of Amsterdam!
- Friday November 10 is also Rewind x Happy Feelings in the Marktkantine. What to expect? Lots of confetti, C02, balloons and the best 90s and 00s hits, classics, RnB, disco & house hits!
- Saturday November 11 is the second edition of the new STARDUST-parties bij The Butcher Social Club. Think of live music, barlesque side shows, cult visuals & great DJs. With this time the live music of Working Voodoo Club and the burlesque performance of La Nina. Cool!
- Friday it’s time again for BOSS in Paradiso! Led by TEAM BOSS, consisting of: DJs Joey Switch, Mr. Speak, Dj Smash and MC Aries is BOSS a night of enjoying the best, old school Hip Hop and R&B.
- 21 x the nicest clubs in Amsterdam to go to every weekend.
If you’d ask me, the weekend is the perfect moment to play your next trip. Did you already check out these travel/city guides on Your Little Black Book?
- Have you ever been to Copenhagen? We listed the best tips for you in our city guide. Check them here and get inspired.
- We can’t wait to go to a sunny destination like Aruba! Check the travel guide here and book your flight tickets ;-)
- Sometimes it’s also suprisingly fun to go on a staycation! How about a weekend trip to Utrecht? Check our city guide for the best tips.
- Curious what it’s like to release baby sea turtles in Sri Lanka? Check our video on YOURLBB.TV!
- Get our
- Amsterdam app
- With over 800 hotspots nearby
Now on Yourlbb.tv
YES, it’s finally spring! Since March 20th the Spring season has officially started and even though
YES, it’s finally spring! Since March 20th the Spring season has officially started and even though
This April will mark the two year anniversary of the sudden death of music legend Prince. In his
The ‘Moderne Hippie Markt’ is back at Amsterdam Roest on November 19 2017!