Amsterdam Weekend Guide for March 9, 10 and 119 March 2018
33 things you want to do this weekend in Amsterdam!
YES, it’s the weekend! And what a difference this is compared to last weekend. It was just last Saturday that we got to go ice skating on the canals, and now it’s above 10 degrees Celsius. So the ice skates can be buried away again, but there are lots of other things to do this weekend! For instance, this week it’s the week without meat but also the Amsterdam Coffee Festival and HEMA opened a pop-up store for easter eggs and more! These and many more tips can be found in this Amsterdam Weekend Guide for March 9, 10 and 11!
HAPPY WEEKEND! <3
33 tips for fun things to do this weekend in amsterdam
- Coffee lovers alert! This weekend on March 9, 10 or 11 the Amsterdam Coffee Festival is back at the Westergasfabriek. Check out our blog for 6 tips not to miss?
- The My Name Is Prince exhibition has premiered on March 8 in the Beurs van Berlage. You can view many personal belongings from the late pop legend, like hand written notes, awards, clothing pieces and many more.
- It’s time for the annual Buurtfeest at De Hallen again this weekend. An event for everyone who lives in the neighbourhood and/or wants to come. It starts Saturday at 11AM till 4 in the afternoon. There will be perfomances, workshops, and a market you can visit. Tip: both the entrance as the workshops are free! Check the Facebook event here with more info and the time schedule.
- This week it’s the week of the vegetarian! Check out our list with the best veggie restaurants you want to go to here.
- Yes, we can go and score some hiddems gems at the IJ-Hallen this weekend! In the North of Amsterdam you can visit this spot for some vintage shopping on Saturday and Sunday. Click here for the Facebook event.
- The spot with the very best view, the A’DAM Toren, has a nice party on the agenda this weekend. This Saturday they have ADAM+Eve. Spread over seven (!) floors, five stages and two terraces several DJ’s will be playing. Check out the Facebook event here.
- March 10 is the starting date of the 21st edition of the Pink Movie Days at Het Ketelhuis. Up until March 18 you can view the most inspiring and moving documentaries and movies. All in the theme of LGBTQ. Click here for the Facebook event.
- Hits from decades ago until now at Happy Feelings in the Chin Chin Club! And good news: from this Saturday March 10 this party will be here every second Saturday of the month. Check out the Facebook event here.
- For the ultimate brunch on Sunday you’d have to go to SUSHISAMBA. You have the option to make it a bottomless one with endless mimosas or prosecco, but a nice cocktail to go with it is also recommended!
- A new store has opened in the Huidenstraat (Negen Straatjes), the Flagship Store by LABFRESH. From this weekend they’re celebrating their opening week including drinks, so take a look! Click here for the Facebook event.
- Feel like going to the movies? This month a lot of great films are premiering, check out the movies you want to see in theaters this March here!
- Speaking of stores… have you already visited the new Arket at the Koningsplein? It’s by the parent company of H&M and you can get the most beautiful Scandinavian fashion here!
- Besides the fact that it’s the week of the vegetarian, it’s also Amsterdam Cocktail Week. And that’s why you can go to the Terpentijn for a Bloody Mary Brunch this Sunday. Besides the regular Bloody Mary they’ll also be serving a Beetroot Bloody Mary and an Orange Bloody Mary today. Check out the Facebook event here.
- Not only the Terpentijn is participating in the Amsterdam Cocktail Week. You can also visit the Pulitzer Bar, The House Bar, Bluespoon, Arriba Arriba and many more. Check out the Facebook events to find out what you’re party is going to be! Check this site for all the participating locations.
- Grilled Cheese fans, pay attention! Toast It is now open for business in Amsterdam. They’re open till late in the night to meet all your grilled cheese cravings.
- The Huis van Iemand Anders is all about the 90’s Kids this Saturday. From 10PM all the hits will be played, from Dr. Dre to Nirvana and of course they won’t skip the Spice Girls. Click here for the Facebook event.
- The new Day Foodbar in the South of Amsterdam is officially opening this Saturday. Everyone is welcome and stay for their daily dish. Check the Facebook event here.
- You probably didn’t miss this, but in case you didn’t know – this Saturday it’s the finale of Wie Is De Mol? They’ll air it live at VondelCS on a giant screen. Click here for the Facebook event.
- De School is of course not skipping this weekend when it comes to a nice party. This Satirdau JASSS / Volition Immanent / Interstellar Funk will start at 11 in the evening till 7AM the next morning. Check out the Facebook event here.
- If you’re not into the whole techno scene but are you more into classical music? This Saturday there will be two concerts by Canto Ostinato in the Scheepsvaartmuseum. Piano music and all the while the roof is being lighted up with over 800 lights, which definitely adds to this special evening as a lying-down concert. Check out the Facebook event here. There’s also a possibility to have dinner beforehand in the museum.
- Want to do something else this weekend? This Sunday, starting at 4PM you can go to the Bellevue Theater for Writes on the Floor. Professional actors will improvise scenes written by an author, all the while the author himself is making notes. Click here for the Facebook event.
- Would you like to stay up to date of all the spots that are opening soon? Keep an eye on our ‘Coming Soon‘ list!
- Planning on meeting up with friends this weekend? How about: the best spots that have a fireplace? Or at one of these nice wine bars?
but make sure to not forget these tips…
- On the ground floor of the Moco Museum you can go to the exposition Banksy: Laugh Now. There are around 50 art pieces by the street legend and you it’s definitely a must see. It’s the first time in history that there’s an exposition on and about the work of Banksy.
- Is this whole veggie week not your cup of tea? Check out our list with the best spare ribs of Amsterdam.
- Don’t have a clue what you want to do this Saturday? Catch the Late Night Show at Toomler! It starts at 12AM and among the six comedians that are performing are often familiar faces like Theo Maassen, Henry van Loon and Ali B.
- Is your ultimate brunch not among these tips? Check out our list with the best brunch spots in Amsterdam.
- For some drinks this weekend you can yet again go to Partisan. From Saturday afternoon the party starts here. Check the Facebook event here.
- Would you like to make some cultural trips this month? Check out our list with expositions that you can visit in March!
- Feel like doing something else in Amsterdam, but you don’t know what? Check our Amsterdam Bucketlist with 56 things you had to have done at least once in your life.
- Tip: We have many more fun lists! Check them here >>
PSSSST… YOU CAN FIND MORE (TRAVEL) TIPS IN MY BOOKS!
- Feed Your Wanderlust – Travel Guide for a bohemian lifestyle (new in 2018)
- Staycation – 22 guides and shortlists for a vacation close to home (new in 2018)
- Wanderlust – Urban Travel Style Guide
- De Amsterdam City Guide (Dutch) & The Amsterdam City Guide (English)
- Get our
- Amsterdam app
- With over 800 hotspots nearby
Now on Yourlbb.tv
The ‘Moderne Hippie Markt’ is back at Amsterdam Roest on November 19 2017!
The ‘Moderne Hippie Markt’ is back at Amsterdam Roest on November 19 2017!
Nothing as unpredictable as the weather, that has become clear yet again. It was only
This is our list with favorite vintage furniture in Amsterdam to go on that real