Amsterdam Weekend Guide for March 2, 3 & 42 March 2018
32 things you want to do in amsterdam this weekend!
Oh my, it’s so cold! It feels like -20 Celsius degrees. Now of course you could stay inside and watch Netflix, maar with a thick coat on, a scarf and gloves and a winter sun it’s not at that bad to be out. That is, if you’re not in the wind! At least you won’t have to get bored this weekend. Because there’s the ZeeZout Winter Festival in the Rijk van de Keizer en for the ones who get cold easily they have the jacuzzis set up at the Volkshotel this Sunday. These and many more tips can be found in this Amsterdam Weekend Guide of March 2, 3 and 4. Enjoy!
HAPPY WEEKEND! <3
32 tips for fun things to do this weekend in amsterdam
- The only plus side of this cold is that – if it stays this cold – you can go ice skating on the canals! The last time we were able to do that was in 2012, so it was about time. To know if it’s really happening, keep an eye on the Facebook page. Het Grote Grachtenschaats Festijn, that starts at 11AM this Sunday if the canals are frozen, starts at the Nieuwe Amstelbrug and you skate with a group to the Nieuwmarkt. Check the Facebook event here.
- YES! Next weekend the Amsterdam Coffee Festival 2018 starts and you can NOW order your tickets with discount. We can offer the followers of Your Little Black Book 2 x tickets for € 25,-. Use the special code LBBACF! ORDER YOUR TICKETS WITH DISCOUNT HERE >>
- Would you like to score some points for karma? Enter as a volunteer at the Kaskantine! The more helpers, the faster this spot will open ;-).
- This Saturday the ZeeZout Winter Festival is in the Rijk van de Keizer. Indoor, but with a festival timetable: from 12PM till 11PM you can watch DJs such as Mim Suleiman and Iggy P. Check the Facebook event here.
- Spring Is In The Air at the Westergasfabriek this Sunday. Even though the temperature is not like it, it’s the theme of the Sunday Market. And luckily it’s indoor ;-). Click here for the Facebook event.
- This Sunday it’s again time for Le Dimanche at The French Connection. Expect jazzy tunes and a 5 course surprise menu by Chef Jef van den Hout. Reservations are a must and can be done via de site.
- This Friday and Saturday you can go to De Hallen for Beats & Bites. With some music playing on the background you can visit the stands for something to eat. On Saturday you can also take a look at De Kloffie Markt!
- This Saturday and Sunday Pathé de Munt is all about the Oscar nominated movies. From 11 in the morning till 11 in the evening they show these movies non-stop, so make sure to take lots of coffee if you’re planning on spending the full 12 hours there ;-). You can buy your tickets via the site.
- Have you heard the good news? Libertine is coming to the Noordermarkt!
- SUSHISAMBA is introducing a brunch on Sunday that you can also make bottomless with unlimited prosecco and mimosas. Yum! They’ll also take care of some live music. Reservations are a must!
- In collaboration with Ketel One BAUT is organizing a brunch this Sunday. There are two shifts, one starts at 11.30AM and the second one at 2.30PM. Check the Facebook event here.
- Would you like something else on a Saturday? Join the pubquiz at Kiebêrt! It starts at 3PM and the teams are almost full, so be quick! Click here for the Facebook event.
- This Sunday the Mad Fox is launching their new club night Madness. They’re promising an evening full of entertainment and sexy chique vibes. And even Leonardo DiCaprio was there, so maybe he’ll join us this Sunday again? ;-) Check the Facebook event here.
- For the ones who are into a fit Sunday there’s the Run & Brunch at Helst in De Pijp. It starts at 10.30AM and you can choose between a 5K or 10K run. Check the Facebook event here.
- It’s the first Sunday of the month which means it’s time for the jacuzzis at the Volkshotel. They’ll also have local bands playing music. Click here for the Facebook event with more info.
- Vegetarians, vegans and flexitarians beware! This saturday is the Veggie Festival Amsterdam. You can subscribe via the Facebook event.
- This Sunday is Sunday Funday at the Terpentijn. You’ll play lots of games here, from Jenga to Stef Stuntpiloot. Wodka shots for the losers, so be warned ;-). Check the Facebook event here.
- Jazz lovers, or lovers of music in general, can go to the VondelCS this Saturday. Because they’re hosting Vondel Jazz where young, aspiring musicians will be performing. Click here for the Facebook event.
- Would you like to be up to date on all the spots that are opening soon? Keep an eye on our ‘Coming Soon‘ list!
- Bloody Mary’s, Mimosas and more at the Cannibale’s Sunday Brunch. Of course lots of meat! It’s at the location in the North of Amstedam. Click here for the Facebook event.
- This Sunday the Walter Woodbury Bar is having African vibes. At the Southern African Braai it’s all about the coziness, great food and drinks. It starts at 2PM. Check the Facebook event here.
- This weekend they’re showing the movies that have been awarded with an IDFA at De Balie at The Best of IDFA on Tour. For timetables and which movies they’ll be viewing, check the Facebook event.
- This Sunday Remise47 will be hosting Oesters & Bubbels again. From 3PM they’re ready for you as always. Click here for the Facebook event.
- Côte Wispe will be the new hotspot of the Weesperzijde – read all about it here!
- For salsa on Sunday you’d have to go to Bar Botanique. It starts at 6PM, and you can also participate in several salsa workshops, but it’s also allowed to freestyle of course ;-). Click here for the Facebook event.
- Want to meet up with friends this weekend? How about: the best hotspots with a fireplace? Or at one of these cozy wine bars?
but make sure to not forget these tips…
- On the ground floor of the Moco Museum you can go to the exposition Banksy: Laugh Now. There are around 50 art pieces by the street legend and you it’s definitely a must see. It’s the first time in history that there’s an exposition on and about the work of Banksy.
- Are you having a coffee date this weekend? Check out our list with 55 spots in every area of Amsterdam.
- Is this weather too cold for you and would you rather stay inside? A visit to the movie theatre is always a good idea! Check out our list here with movies you want to see in the theatre this February!
- For some drinks this weekend you can yet again go to Partisan. From Saturday afternoon the party starts here. Check the Facebook event here.
- Would you like to make some cultural trips this February? Check out our list with expositions you want to visit this February!
- Feel like doing something different in Amsterdam, but don’t know what? Check out our Amsterdam Bucketlist with 56 things you had to have done at least once in your life!
Tip: We have many more fun lists! Check them here >>
PSSSST… YOU CAN FIND MORE (TRAVEL) TIPS IN MY BOOKS!
- Feed Your Wanderlust – Travel Guide for a bohemian lifestyle (new in 2018)
- Staycation – 22 guides and shortlists for a vacation close to home (new in 2018)
- Wanderlust – Urban Travel Style Guide
- De Amsterdam City Guide (Dutch) & The Amsterdam City Guide (English)
- Get our
- Amsterdam app
- With over 800 hotspots nearby
Now on Yourlbb.tv
The ‘Moderne Hippie Markt’ is back at Amsterdam Roest on November 19 2017!
The ‘Moderne Hippie Markt’ is back at Amsterdam Roest on November 19 2017!
Nothing as unpredictable as the weather, that has become clear yet again. It was only
This is our list with favorite vintage furniture in Amsterdam to go on that real