Amsterdam Weekend Guide for January 12, 13 and 1412 January 2018
YES, it’s time for weekend! All of the New Year’s drinks have been pretty much done, but that doesn’t mean that there’s nothing to do in Amsterdam this weekend… on the contrary! For example, you can go to the annual Hotelnacht this weekend and visit lots of hotels for the best parties – and spend the night of course! And there’s more. From Boozy Brunches to sample sales. Enough to do this weekend in Amsterdam, that’s for sure, and we’ve lined up the 40 of the best tips for you in the new Amsterdam Weekend Guide for January 12, 13 & 14.
HAPPY WEEKEND! <3
45 tips FOR FUN THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND IN AMSTERDAM
- Every Saturday and Sunday it’s time for drinks at Partisan starting from 3PM. Delicious wines or a nice cocktail together with the best bar bites. Also a 3-course lunch menu is possible. Check the Facebook event here.
- This Sunday you can watch the best movies of 2017 in Kriterion. The movies have been chosen by voting, so the people have decided! Among others they will view Moonlight, Dunkirk and Baby Driver. Check out the Facebook event here.
- Chances are that you’ve took a Polaroid photo while on a night out in the town. In a way this always beats a simple photo taken with your phone. And that’s exactly what Bettie Ringma and Marc Miller thought as well. Their exposition Polaroid Amsterdam can be seen in Galerie Stigter & Van Doesburg from January 13. They show the polaroids that they’ve took in the years 1979/1980 in the bars of Amsterdam. Fun! Check out the Facebook event here.
- LAB 111 is all about Japanese animation movies up until January 27. They show several movies by various (Oscar winning) directors. And very convenient: they have English subtitles. Check the Facebook event here.
- Up until May 2018 the exposition by Roy Lichtenstein can be visited in the Moco Museum. Doesn’t the name ring a bell? Chances are you do know his work. This pop-up artist has made lots of well-known pieces of art and can be compared to Andy Warhol. The exposition of Banksy can also be seen up until May 2018.
- The party Verknipt is celebrating its 5th birthday at the Warehouse Elementenstraat. Till 8AM you can dance the night (and morning ;-) ) away so make sure you don’t have any obligations on Sunday… Click here for the Facebook event.
- On Sunday January 14 you can participate in the Pop Bingo in TapZuid, in the Rivierenbuurt. You can get as many cards as you like and there are several prizes to be won. Bingo doesn’t have to be for the elderly at all ;-).
- Movie, Burgers & Beer on Sunday at INAT Kitchen in the North of Amsterdam. Start with a welcoming drink and then watch a beautiful documentary, followed with a conversation with the director. After that it’s of course time for burgers! Check the Facebook event here.
- In 2018 Restaurant MOER continues with their Seafood Sunday! At Bubbels & Oesters you can get the finest oysters for €1,-, G&T’s and live Jazz music! Click here for the Facebook event.
- On Sunday you can get the best Boozy Brunch at Lokaal Edel. From January 14 on they will host an extensive brunch on Sunday and they even have the option for unlimited Bloody Mary’s! Dangerous, but very tasty… And what’s convenient too is that it starts at 11AM and you only have to leave if you want to yourself. Check out the Facebook event here.
- At Bar Braai at the Westerpark they start off 2018 with a Braai Buffet every Sunday. From 4PM you can enjoy all the delicious grill dishes that you know by Bar Braai for € 16,-. Check the Facebook event for the reservations and more info.
- The pop-up restaurant Mister Makan is open in the Kopstootbar up until January 13th. You can get the best tasting indo street food here and also very nice: vegans have lots of option too!
- Would you like to make a belated toast with your friends on the new year? Check out 18 hotspots in every neighbourhood of Amsterdam that are perfect for a drink here.
- At the end of the year we’ve looked back on all the new restaurants that have opened! In this list we’ve lined up 32 of our favourites suitable for every budget.
- Want to plan a coffee date with friends in the new year? These 12 coffee spots have opened their doors in Amsterdam in 2017!
- Do you prefer a high tea over a boozy brunch? If yes, check out our list with 12 nice spots for a high tea in Amsterdam!
- Liever een high tea in plaats van een boozy brunch? Check hier ons lijstje met de 12 leukste spots voor high tea in Amsterdam!
- Would you like to start this new year in a healthy way? Check out our list with 30 healthy hotspots to go for a guilt-free dinner!
- Are you a real lover of pizza? You’ll definitely want to know these 21 hotspots with the best pizzas!
- More tips in our winter lists:
- Would you like to know which restaurants will be opening soon? Keep a close eye on our ‘Coming Soon‘ list! We’ve just added some new gems.
- Tip: We’ve got many more great lists! Check them here >>
- We can finally go ice skating in Amsterdam again! On the ice rink ICE Amsterdam on Museum Square all the skaters are welcome, from the pros to the beginners. Or also if you just want to drink a glühwein and support the skaters from the side, of course.
- This weekend there are lots of free workshops you can participate in at United POP Amsterdam. For example, a free Hair & Make-Up workshop, but also a Journalism workshop or an Acting class and many more. Check their Facebook page with all the info on the workshops and more.
- Want to start off the new year completely zen? Check out the 8 best yoga spots in Amsterdam!
- The Amsterdam Light Festival is still in full swing. This yearly light festival can be seen across the entire city and it’s yet again such a special sight from a boat. Very special to see all the pieces of light art from the water and there’s also lots of things to do at the Marine terrain!
- And have you heard that the curling track at Floor 17 is still open?
- Up until February you can visit the Beurs van Berlage to see the exposition “Legendary Trunks” about the history of the iconic Louis Vuitton suitcase. A must visit for anyone who’s into travelling, because you hear all about the history of travelling and the part the suitcase plays in that. I secretly would love one of those suitcases that you can put down as a wardrobe. Good old times!
- Want to get some me-time after all the holidays and perhaps visit a hairdresser or get your nails done? In this new list we’ve lined up 7 beauty addresses for you.
- Do you need to take it slow with your cash after all these expensive holidays? These 13 things in Amsterdam will cost you absolutely nothing and are fun to do!
- Also a huge fan of the Netflix series Black Mirror? In the Cinema of the Dam’d at the Overtoom they’ll view 2 movies this Sunday that are just as dystopic and bizarre. Very nice for the film freaks! Check out the Facebook event and which movies they’ll view here.
- Feel like doing something different in Amsterdam for a change, but don’t know what? Check out our Amsterdam Bucketlist with 56 things you have to have done at least once in your life!
- For whoever secretly doesn’t feel like going out we’ve made another list. Namely one of the series of 2017 that you’d want to have seen (which makes it perfect to binge watch).
- On Saturday January 13 you can score the best outfits at Hip Boutique. They’ll also make sure there’s some music and of course a glass with bubbles. Check out the Facebook event for more info.
- Is your home in need of a new couch? Check out these spots for the best velvet and hot pink sofas!
- Till January 2019 you can see the exposition Fashion Cities Africa in the Tropenmuseum. At this new exposition in the Tropenmuseum the scenes of fashion in four large African cities play the lead: Casablanca, Johannesburg, Nairobi and Lagos. Lots of fashion designers, bloggers and stylists from these cities have gained worldwide popularity on social media. With their designs, photos and videos they inspire fashion lovers from all around the world.
- This Sunday a new expo will open at Pllek in the North of Amsterdam. This expo is called 1033 and is an ode to the NDSM wharf. According to the artist it’s both an art project as a cleaning project as he collected lots of garbage besides taking photos. Check out the Facebook event here.
- Would you like to make more cultural trips in 2018? Then check out our list with 13 beautiful expositions you can visit this January!
- This weekend is your last chance to view the exposition by photographer Stefanie Moshammer in Foam. At first glance these photos seem like paradise, but there’s a much deeper thought behind it. Check out the Facebook event with more info here.
- And read all about at which museums you can have a great dinner closeby here!
- This Saturday it’s time for the annual Hotelnacht. On this evening you can go to the best parties in the trendiest hotels and you can also spend the night there for a special price. Perfect for a mini staycation in Amsterdam! Check out the Facebook event here with information about the hotels and the parties.
- On Saturday January 13 you can enjoy the very best of 2017 at SexyLand in the North of Amsterdam. It starts at 7PM and make sure to be on time because there’s lots to do! After this evening they’re closed for a while, till April 2018. Check out the Facebook event here.
- Do you need some inspiration for clubs you’ll definitely want to visit in 2018? Check out out lists of the best clubs in Amsterdam here >>
Now on Yourlbb.tv
From East to West and from North to South. Discover the best coffee bars in
From East to West and from North to South. Discover the best coffee bars in
YES, it’s time for the weekend again! And it’s the third weekend of 2018 and
The Dirty Chicken Club Amsterdam has the golden combination: chicken, cocktails and street art!