Amsterdam Weekend Guide for September 8, 9 & 107 September 2017
HEY WEEKEND! Summer is over but that won’t stop us from having an amazing weekend. For the last time we will enjoy nice summer markets, (food) festivals and outdoor parties. Then we focus on the fall, ’cause it’s shopping time! Check out where you can score your favourite items to add to your autumn wardrobe this weekend and what new hotspots you have to go to for lunch after your shopping spree. Wondering what fun things there are to do in the city this weekend? Check out all our tips in this new Amsterdam Weekend Guide for September 8, 9 & 10!
TIP: We just added new addresses to our Amsterdam City Guide app! With 700 of the best addresses we’ve collected during 5 years of Your Little Black Book our app will guide you to only the best places in town. From lunch spots to neighborhood guides, restaurants and a nearby map search so you can always find a spot close by. Available for iOS and Android, for only € 3,49. I really hope you like this new extension of Your Little Black Book!
- Beer, beer, beer! The best and perhaps most enjoyable festival is here; The Amsterdam Beerfair. Thé beer festival of the year! From September 8 till 10 the marina area will be transformed into a true beer walhalla in the heart of Amsterdam. Time to go!
- Also fun: this Friday September 8 Rooftop Festival ROEF will take you to the most beautiful rooftops in Amsterdam. A cool festival where no less than 15 rooftops will open their doors for the second edition of the Rooftop Festival.
- Café Winkel 43, yes, your go to spot for amazing apple pie, will transform into Cuba this Sunday! Think of the famous Cuba Libres, tasty BBQ dishes, salsa and of course great dancing music.
- Your favourite market is here! This Sunday the Pure Markt will take place in the Amstelpark. Enjoy a day of chatting, tasting and drinking with friends.
- Oeh-la-la so many great food places have opened their doors over the past few weeks. We are still very busy visiting them all for a full report, but have you been to these new hotspots yet?
PS: Wondering what I eat in a day on Ibiza? Check out our latest vlog on YOURLBB.TV !
UPDATE: Do you want to know which restaurants will open soon? Keep an eye on our new ‘Coming Soon’ section! We just added new places to the blog.
- Do you want to eat healthy but not in the mood to cook? Order online, because we listed our 12 favourite spots where you can order a healthy breakfast and 17 favourite spots where you can order healthy things. But also our favourite places in Amsterdam West and Amsterdam Oost where you can order too.
Do you tend to often hang out in your own neighbourhood during the weekend? We get you! But Amsterdam is so diverse that it’s nice to try to discover another part of the city too and that’s why we updated some of our favourite street blogs for you!
- Tip: We have a lot more fun lists! Check them here >>
- Have a discussion, take a massage, stare into the sky, chill by the bonfire. Make new friends, share the love, dance and celebrate life… This Sunday Pllek, Pressense and KnowledgeMatters present the second edition of Sterrenstof Festival, an intimate summer party with nice DJs and cool live music, good food, fascintating inspirators and workshops.
- Feel like swimming? Sign up for the IJ-Swim this Sunday. Choose from three different parcours of 2, 3 and 4 kilometers and put on your swimming shorts!
- Always fun: Friday, Saturday and Sunday Ruigoord transforms into a creative hippie market with food trucks, workshops, meditation and music. Extra fun: Friday will not just be a market, but a real night market!
- Do you like dancing, tasty food and especially lots of fun? Then come this Sunday to the famous annual festival near the Stenen Hoofd at the IJ. The perfect mini festival to end the summer.
- Remember the Staatsspelen of 2016? They’re back! The best restaurants and spots in West come together in the Westerpark this Sunday and will bring you the best of the best, so you’ll know where to go. A day full of games, food, drinks, music and of course free entrance.
- Sunday September 10 two singer songwriters perform in the intimate Witte Kerkje, the young Gabbi Lieve and Vera van der Poel. Great, this might be the best way to spend a Sunday afternoon.
- Have you already been to the Amsterdamse Bostheater this year? The play Julius Caesar is still playing until September 9!
- On September 10, 2017, the small scale living room concerts festival Jazz en de Walvis will take place for the third year in a row. In seven living rooms in houses and on houseboats, in a hotel room of the Lloyd Hotel on KNSM- and Borneo Island and Sporenburg, musicians will play the greatest concerts. This year, Spinvis, Martin Fondse and Louis van Dijk among others, will perform.
- Did you have an expensive holiday and need to watch your money? These 13 things in Amsterdam cost nothing and are actually fun to do at least once!
- The Czaar Peter Festival is back! On Sunday September 10 several entrepreneurs from the Czaar Peter neighbourhood will join for a festival with good food and drinks, fine (vintage) finds, music and entertainment for everyone. Great day out, right?
- UPDATE: In for a cultural afternoon? These are the best exhibitions in Amsterdam of this month!
- No idea what to do today? Check out our Amsterdam Bucketlist with 56 things you should have done at least once in your life in Amsterdam!
- UPDATE: Planning a movie date? These are the nicest movies to watch in cinema this month!
- We leave the summer behind and focus on autumn, so it’s time to complete our autumn wardrobe. Come this Saturday to the Kloffie Markt and score affordable one-of-a-kind second hand items and go this Sunday to the Kloffie Boutique and shop second hand designer, vintage treasures and collectors items.
- This whole weekend from September 8 till 10, there is a pop up of MENDO from 11 AM till 8 PM in the Conservatorium hotel in Amsterdam. In the hotel lounge you can score the best books from the new collection of MENDO. Shopping time!
- HELLO FALL FASHION! We listed our 8 favourite fall fashion trends that we spotted in New York. In this blog, we explain how we, without spending too much money, went on a shopping spree to Batavia Stad Fashion Outlet and tripled our budget by shopping with discounts up to 70% at shops such as: Scotch & Soda, Fred de la Bretonière, Summum Woman, Tommy Hilfiger, Denham, Calvin Klein, America Today, Shabbies Amsterdam, G-Star Raw and Samsonite. Check out all the brands at Batavia Stad Outlet via this link. Tip: From Amsterdam Central Station, a shopping shuttlebus runs to Batavia Stad Fashion Outlet every day.
- Go to West this weekend and visit one of these best shop places of our list.
- It’s FALL FASHION shopping time! Check the newest collections of our favourite online shops here: MANGO, ZALANDO, NET-A-PORTER, ASOS, SCOTCH & SODA en HUNKEMÖLLER.
- YES, the Amsterdam Fringe Festival starts on September 7. Score tickets for one of your favourite shows.
- LAST CALL: Until September 23 you can go to Legends Passed at Eduard Planting Galerie, they give a tribute to legends that are no longer with us. Think of Prince, David Bowie, Muhammad Ali, Chuck Berry, Johan Cruijff and Roger Moore. Let yourself be enchanted by seeing nostalgic portraits of the legends that we still miss each day.
- LAST CALL: Come to Streets of the World of Jeroen Swolfs until September 30. Streets of the World is a project by Dutch photojournalist Jeroen Swolfs. Over the last 7 years, the photographer traveled around the world to take pictures of street life in every capital of the world. 195 photos and 195 countries later, he wants to give the world a new, positive perspective of the world now that the negative images are spreading daily through the news. Make a trip through different countries and cities based on his special photos.
- Go to the Tropenmuseum (until July 2018) for the exhibition Body Art where you learn everything about body decorations. From make-up and tattoos, to skin implants and surgical changes. Sounds cool right?
- In this new exhibiton: Accessories are a Girl’s Best Friend at Tassenmuseum Hendrikje you can see the most remarkable pieces of the Rijksmuseum’s accessory collection are shown. Including parasols, umbrellas, hats, hair accessories, sjawls, gloves, shoes and stockings. These hidden fashion treasures are usually stored in the Rijksmuseum depot, but from September 16 2017 until January 28 2018 you can see them in Tassenmuseum Hendrikje.
- UPDATE: Do you need more inspiration? Check out the other 12 exhibitions in Amsterdam of this month.
- Want to go to a fun after summer party? Come dancing in the open air on the best Latin tunes during the Summer Breeze Latin Festival in the Vondelpark Openluchttheater this Sunday September 10.
- This Friday it’s again time for Zwarte Koffie in Paradiso. Hip Hop, Disco, Funk and Soul will keep us dancing the whole night.
- This Friday in the Marktkantine there will be a special party; Wild as the Moon. A night where you will end on the moon, because besides dancing the whole night, there will be meditation, card readings, a massage zone and some still secret performances…
- Valtifest is still up in the air! The element ‘water’ played a large roll in 2015. In 2016 they got inspired by ‘fire’. This year they will keep it ‘airy’. Come this Saturday to Thuishaven and enjoy the best tunes in the open ‘air’.
- 21 x the nicest clubs in Amsterdam to go to every weekend.
If you’d ask me, the weekend is the perfect moment to play your next trip. Did you already check out these travel/city guides on Your Little Black Book?
- We have suddently a lot of cravings to go to Thailand. Have you been? Check our travel guide for the best tips!
- Trip to Milan planned? These are the 14 hotspots not to miss. Ps: fun for a citytrip with the girls!
- Never get bored again at Schiphol with these 23 spots at the airport.
- Wondering what to do in Reykjavik in 24 hours? Check our video on YOURLBB.TV!
- Get our
- Amsterdam app
- With over 800 hotspots nearby
Now on Yourlbb.tv
Nothing as unpredictable as the weather, that has become clear yet again. It was only
Nothing as unpredictable as the weather, that has become clear yet again. It was only
This is our list with favorite vintage furniture in Amsterdam to go on that real
YES, it’s the weekend! And what a difference this is compared to last weekend. It