Amsterdam Weekend Guide for October 6, 7 & 85 October 2017
HELLO WEEKEND! Although we don’t mind at all that winter’s coming (hello Christmas!), we are a bit tired of the rain. However, the weather doesn’t stop us from celebrating the weekend. This weekend there are so many fun things to do and we listed everything for you. From lobster nights to fun food markets and lots of new restaurants to test. Check all our tips for the weekend in the Amsterdam Weekend Guide for Octiober 6, 7 & 8. Have fun!
TIP: We just added new addresses to our Amsterdam City Guide app! With 700 of the best addresses we’ve collected during 5 years of Your Little Black Book our app will guide you to only the best places in town. From lunch spots to neighborhood guides, restaurants and a nearby map search so you can always find a spot close by. Available for iOS and Android, for only € 3,49. I really hope you like this new extension of Your Little Black Book!
- On Sunday October 8 the Markt van 1001 Smaken 2017 will be held in the Food Center Amsterdam. In the old market hall (so always dry!) you’ll find countless of stands where you can discover, taste and experience!
- We can’t get enough of oysters and especially when they’re only €1,-. Saturday we can go to Venster 33 for oysters and G&P’s. What? Yes, a sexy combi of Gin and Prosecco. Yum!
- Yay! Sunday October 8 it’s time for Lobster Sunday at Proefwerk! Eat half a lobster for only €10,- and a whole one for €20,-. Lobsters, good wines and nice DJs: we know where we’ll be this Sunday…
- Or go this Sunday to Meet Bottel at School of Life Festival in Het Sieraard. Bottel ensures that your favourite beer from Oedipus Brewing, Poesiat & Kater and Gebrouwen door vrouwen also can be taken home with you. Freshly drafted beer for at home to share with family and friends. How nice!
- Oeh-la-la so many great food places have opened their doors over the past few weeks. We are still very busy visiting them all for a full report, but have you been to these new hotspots yet?
PS: Did you already see our new video on YOURLBB.TV ?
MEGA UPDATE: Do you want to know which restaurants will open soon? Keep an eye on our new ‘Coming Soon’ section! We just added new places to the blog.
Do you tend to often hang out in your own neighbourhood during the weekend? We get you! But Amsterdam is so diverse that it’s nice to try to discover another part of the city too and that’s why we updated some of our favourite street blogs for you!
- Tip: We have a lot more fun lists! Check them here >>
- Love to draw? On Saturday October 7 and Sunday October 8 the Rijksmuseum celebrates the international drawing festival Big Draw with free drawing workshops, tours and a master class.
- This weekend the second edition of PAFF, or the Parool Film Fest, takes place in the FilmHallen in Amsterdam! Watch here the premieres of both foreign and Dutch films as well as animation films and documentaries.
- On Sunday October 8 you can go to the Pure Markt in the Amstelpark. At this market you can buy groceries for at home, picnic on the grass (if it’s dry) or taste on one of the terraces with live music.
- One of our favourite streets is the Ferdinand Bol! In recent years, this street has undergone a major metamorphosis and this weekend is the opening party of the street with all festive activities. How fun!
- Crazy about science? This whole weekend on Saturday and Sunday you can go to the Weekend van de Wetenschap in the NEMO Science Museum for free. This way you can get to know the science museum and participate in additional workshops and demonstrations.
- YES! On Friday October 6 and Saturday October 7 the very first Dutch Vogue Fashion Festival 2017 is held at the Amstel Hotel. All the big names from the fashion world will be here and designers, influencers and other fashion icons will let their voice here in Vogue Talks. Here you want to go!
- The activities at the Rokin are almost over (hallelujah!) and this will be celebrated this Sunday with the Sunday Market Rokin! On the Oude Turfmarkt you can score the best bargains and tasty snacks and drinks.
- Bring your grandparents to the Bejaardendisco in Sexyland this Sunday from 3 PM. Over 65 you can have a ticket for €2,50,- and if you’re younger than 65 you pay the full €4,50,-.
- Friday night on October 6 the ADNIGHT 2017 takes place: the Amsterdam ‘open night’ of the creative sector, with 50 agencies opening their doors to the public for one night. In this night you can experience the atmosphere of advertising and production companies, admire their work and gain inspiration.
- Did you have an expensive holiday and need to watch your money? These 13 things in Amsterdam cost nothing and are actually fun to do at least once!
- No idea what to do today? Check out our Amsterdam Bucketlist with 56 things you should have done at least once in your life in Amsterdam!
- Planning a movie date? These are the nicest movies to watch this month! From scary clowns to an actual cat documentary.
- YES! From now on you can score your favourite leather jacket at Goosecraft at the Gerard Doustraat 78 in De Pijp. A few days ago their new store opened and we can’t wait to take a look ;-)
- Can’t you get enough of the beautiful concept stores in Amsterdam? If you’re looking for a nice gift for someone else or for yourself: there is always something nice or cute to find in a concept store. That’s why we listed our favourite concept stores to shop the most beautiful items.
- Want a new wardrobe for Autumn? Then go to Essentiel, one of our favourite shops in Amsterdam! The new Fall / Winter 2017 collection is all about miracles and fairy tales. Mythical figures and heroines can be seen in the prints of the clothes, but also in the accessories, like bags, sjawls and jewelry. How nice!
- HELLO FALL FASHION! We listed our 8 favourite fall fashion trends that we spotted in New York. In this blog, we explain how we, without spending too much money, went on a shopping spree to Batavia Stad Fashion Outlet and tripled our budget by shopping with discounts up to 70% at shops such as: Scotch & Soda, Fred de la Bretonière, Summum Woman, Tommy Hilfiger, Denham, Calvin Klein, America Today, Shabbies Amsterdam, G-Star Raw and Samsonite. Check out all the brands at Batavia Stad Outlet via this link. Tip: From Amsterdam Central Station, a shopping shuttlebus runs to Batavia Stad Fashion Outlet every day.
Too comfortable on your couch to leave the house during these rainy days? Then you can just shop for a new wardrobe at one of these webshops: MANGO, ZALANDO, NET-A-PORTER, ASOS, SCOTCH & SODA and HUNKEMÖLLER.
- From this Friday until January 2019 you can go to the exhibition Fashion Cities Africa at the Tropenmuseum. At this new exhibition in the Tropenmuseum, fashion scenes in four major African cities are central: Casablanca, Johannesburg, Nairobi and Lagos. Many fashion designers, bloggers and stylists from these cities have become popular on social media worldwide.
- Besides that, the new exhibition Heden van het slavernijverleden will also be displayed in the Tropenmuseum from October 6. With their exhibition Heden van het slavernijverleden, the Tropenmuseum wants to make the visitor aware of the current legacy of slavery and colonialism in the Netherlands. Slavery and the stories of the slaves are part of a joint, shared and black-and-white past. A past that co-forms and influences Dutch society.
- Until the end of this month you can go to the exhibition Banksy – Laugh Now in the Moco Museum. On the ground floor you can go to Banksy: Laugh Now. About 50 works can be seen here from the street art legend, and you have to see it at least once. It’s the first time in history that there’s an exhibition with the work of Banksy. You can also go to the beautiful exhibition of Salvador Dalí. 28 years ago one of the most famous artists died and his most iconic work as for example the melting clocks and tables with ‘high heels’ are ready to be seen at the Moco Museum.
- Until January 28 you can go to the exhibition Accessories are a Girl’s Best Friend in Tassenmuseum Hendrikje. In this new exhibiton the most remarkable pieces of the Rijksmuseum’s accessory collection are shown. Including parasols, umbrellas, hats, hair accessories, sjawls, gloves, shoes and stockings. These hidden fashion treasures are usually stored in the Rijksmuseum depot, but from September 16 2017 until January 28 2018 you can see them in Tassenmuseum Hendrikje.
- Do you need more inspiration? Check out the other 12 exhibitions in Amsterdam of this month.
- Saturday October 7 you can go to Shelter for Red Light Radio with Borusiade, Mark Du Mosch (live) and Orphue The Wizard. Tickets are €16,- and doorsale befor 12 PM for €10,-. Nice!
- Are you in for a tropical party? Then go to Tropendisco – Late summer edition in the courtyard of De Tropen this Saturday from 6 PM. Enjoy a fun tropical silent disco with the best beats through your headphones!
- Saturday October 7 you can do your laundry at Wasserette in Bitterzoet. Because of ADE the normal date expires and therefore a special is held this Saturday. The hot wash program consists of: Dancehall, Reggaeton, Kizomba, Hiphop and R&B.
- This whole weekend RADION celebrates her three-year existence with RADIIION birthday extravaganza. A weekender with electronic music and cool art that does honour to the last three year of RADION ;-)
- Also Partyfeest celebrates her birthday this Friday October 6 in the Chin Chin Club with karaoke, arcade and ping pong. This promises to be a great night!
- 21 x the nicest clubs in Amsterdam to go to every weekend.
If you’d ask me, the weekend is the perfect moment to play your next trip. Did you already check out these travel/city guides on Your Little Black Book?
- One of our favourite destinations is Barcelona! Have you ever been? We listed the best tips for you in our city guide. Check them here and get inspired.
- Not to long ago I went to Maastricht and if you ask me this city is perfect for a staycation! Check our city guide and take the train ;-)
- With this cold and rainy weather we can’t wait to go to a dreamy destination like Aruba! Check our travel guide for the best tips.
- Curious what it’s like to release baby sea turtles in Sri Lanka? Check our video on YOURLBB.TV!
Now on Yourlbb.tv
These are the restaurants that will soon open in Amsterdam!
These are the restaurants that will soon open in Amsterdam!
We’ve survived it yet again, the week is done and now it’s time for weekend! Of
SUNDAY FUNDAY! Don’t have a clue on what to do today in Amsterdam? Perhaps make