Amsterdam weekend guide for July 7, 8 & 96 July 2017
YES WEEKEND! Are you in the mood to go out with friends this weekend, want to surprise your lover with a nice dinner or want to discover something new in your own city? Check out our favorite to do’s for this weekend in Amsterdam like the new exhibition at Foam, vintage hunting at the IJ-Hallen and the Asian Food Festival! Check out all our tips in this new Amsterdam Weekend Guide for July 7, 8 & 9.
Ps: Team YOURLBB is in Hong Kong and Vietnam the next few weeks! And you can follow our adventures on Instagram Stories!
TIP: We just pushed 14 new addresses to our Amsterdam City Guide app! With 700 of the best addresses we’ve collected during 5 years of Your Little Black Book our app will guide you to only the best places in town. From lunch spots to neighborhood guides, restaurants and a nearby map search so you can always find a spot close by. Available for iOS and Android, for only € 3,49. I really hope you like this new extension of Your Little Black Book!
PS: did you see the latest video on YOURLBB.TV yet?
- Scoop! PARK Café Restaurant at Hotel Arena launched a new food concept with a delicious plant-based menu with veggies from their own herb garden. We went there for a tasting and tell you all about it in the new blog >>. If you’re looking for a great outdoor hotspot to go to with friends this weekend this is one of our favourite patios in Amsterdam! Tip: make sure to try the broccoli salad.
- One of the best things to do in summer is of course to sail along the canals in Amsterdam with your best friends, good music, snacks and enough drinks. In case you forgot to pack the snacks and drinks. Then we got you covered, we have the perfect solution >>
- This Sunday Breakfast Club is hosting a special summer picknick with Atelier Restaurant & Bar! Sun or no sun, listen to the best music and try out picnic snacks from 10 am to 10 pm in the evening.
- Get your after work drink at the Oyster Hour at Bridges Restaurant this Friday. Every first Friday of the month you can go to ‘Happy Oyster Hour’ at the Foodbar! Enjoy a glass of wine and get free oysters between 6 pm and 7 pm.
- On Saturday you can visit the very first living room dinner at Marvin. This means an evening full of culinary surprises, a 4-course dinner and a nice time with friends. Ps: There are not a lot of tables available, so book soon!
- Craving pizza? Gather your friends and come to the first pizza run of Europe this Saturday July 8. Magioni organizes, besides the pizza run, also a pizza food festival. Are you coming to eat pizza or are you running too?
- This whole month (July) you can go to the pop-up The MealMakers at De Kopstootbar. Order a lot of oysters and beautiful fish dishes. For reservations call De Kopstootbar.
- Attention all Bloody Mary lovers! This summer you can go to a new boozy brunch pop-up in Amsterdam (but also in Rotterdam and The Hague)! We’ve tested it for you so check the date quickly and read all about it >>
- Good news for everyone who is crazy about Italy’s taste. This whole summer, restaurant 5 & 33 serves a Sicilian menu and we already went there to taste.
- Tip: at Remise47, the whole month July is all about oysters (visit the restaurant during the Crazy Oyster Days and get oysters for only €1,50!). Btw: during August it’s all about the best mussels of Amsterdam.
- Update: Do you want to know which restaurants will open soon? Keep an eye on our new ‘Coming Soon’ section! We just added new ones.
- Every Sunday you can go to Visaandeschelde for the Bouillabaisse Sunday! You’ll get Bouillabaisse and a glass Poule de Pic for only €25 per person.
- Every Friday, Saturday and Sunday you can have a brunch at Strangelove. Done eating? Then you can go to the movies at LAB 111. This Friday July 7, the Dutch movie Broers will be broadcast with English subtitles. Nice for expats!
- Do you want to eat healthy but not in the mood to cook? Order online, because we listed our 12 favourite spots where you can order a healthy breakfast and 17 favourite spots where you can order healthy things. But also our favourite places in Amsterdam West and Amsterdam Oostwhere you can order too.
- Visit the Bloody Mary Brunch at Bridges Restaurant this Sunday. Are you taking the classic drink or do you want to get surprised by the bartender?
- Every Sunday you can go to Sunday Roast at Mr. Porter at the W Hotel and believe us, this is nice! Read the blog here!
- Throughout the month of July and August you can sip oysters on Sundays and cheers with bubbles at Restaurant MOER. The oysters are € 1 and a glass (bio) Cava only € 5.
- 5 x new restaurants in Amsterdam to visit this weekend with friends: Ox & Bucks for after work drinks at the Zuidas, The Dutch Weed Burger Joint, Franggo for Portugese chicken, Hoed & Krelis in the Pijp, El Hermano de Kique for wine and tapas.
- Tip: We have a lot more fun lists! Check them here >>
- On Saturday the 8th of July BRET is all about vinyl, good music and special beers. Together with Amsterdam Craft Beer, Raftaf and Funkyard, they present the first edition of Digs & Drafts, an outdoor market where local breweries, record labels and independent labels offer their collections.
- Go on a vintage hunt at IJ-Hallen. Saturday July 8 and Sunday July 9 you can shop from more than 750 stalls to upgrade your summer wardrobe.
- This Sunday you can also go to the Pure Market at Amstelpark. Enjoy a day where you can eat, shop and drink all day!
- Every Saturday afternoon you can watch new music talent at Vondelpark Openluchttheater. This Saturday, Tommy Mustache and Crimson Inc. will play their (brand new) songs!
- On Saturday 8 and Sunday July 9, Ruigoord will transform into the magic paradise of Georgie’s Wundergarten. Do you want to experience a magic party? Then this is the place to be.
- On Sunday you can go to the Good Music Vinyl Market at De Ceuvel. From disco to soul, house & jazz, record stores and labels will sell their best albums.
- This summer there’s a lot to do at the Amsterdamse Bos during the Amsterdamse Bos Theater. From music from artists like Typhoon and Alex Vargas, to nice live performances. Check the agenda and plan a visit with friends.
- Do you miss Asia too? Visit the Umami Park Asian Food Festival at Oosterpark on Sunday. It’s time to taste fresh dumplings, spring rolls and Pad Thai.
- TIP: Lowlands has an amazing line up. Artists like Alt-J, Moderat and Solange(!) will be on stage this year and we will be there. Did you already buy a ticket?
- In July and August, Artis is open until sunset on Saturdays. This Zoomeravond there will be live music in the music tent of Avi On Fire. Nice!
- Update: In for a cultural afternoon? These are the best exhibitions in Amsterdam this month.
- The Gardens of Babylon & De Marktkantine are hosting the Full Moon Show. Let everything go this Sunday and focus on music, yourself, meditation and spiritual guides.
- No idea what to do today? Check out our Amsterdam Bucketlist with 56 things you should have done at least once in your life!
- On the hunt for some vintage treasures? Come to the Kofferbakmarkt at Koopcentrum Akerpoort and score vintage items out of the trunk of cars.
- WESTwaARTS is a free outdoor festival of Podium Mozaïek at Erasmus Park. Enjoy a weekend full of music, theater, dance, food & drinks and children’s activities.
- Have you already seen our list with the best festivals that are happening soon? Buy your tickets quickly!
- Update: Planning a movie date? These are the nicest movies to watch in cinema this month!
- New: Do you like to go to a festival? But not like camping? Then Lowlands Gllamcamp has the perfect solution for you! Never sleep in a leaking tent again.
- Need a shopping spree? With the bus from Amsterdam you’re in Batavia Stad within an hour, where you can shop with discounts up to 70% from brands like: Scotch & Soda, Fred de la Bretonière, Marlies Dekkers, Summum Woman, Tommy Hilfiger, Denham and Calvin Klein, Samsonite (from the end of July), Shabbies Amsterdam, en G-Star. We have good news, because until September 3, the shops are now also during the week open until 8 pm ánd you can benefit from extra discounts during the sale period (till August 20). Check out what brands you can find at Batavia Stad.
- SALE! At most webshops you get 50-70% discount. Perfect if you need anything for your next city trip or holiday. Check out our favorite stores: MANGO -50%: http://bit.ly/2tpPc4P, ZALANDO -70%: http://bit.ly/2sUNabW, NET-A-PORTER -70%: http://bit.ly/2t55zRV, ASOS -70%: http://bit.ly/2tojHbq, SCOTCH & SODA –50%: http://bit.ly/2t57RAk and HUNKEMOLLER -50%: http://bit.ly/2ttrzZU
- On Saturday July 8 you can visit Umsjatka Studios at the Brouwersgracht for a big sample sale. Shop the best items for a nice price!
Amsterdam West is full of nice places to shop, have you already visited them?
- Want to do some vintage shopping? These are our favorite vintage stores in Amsterdam.
- Check out the best cameras to bring on your holiday for the prettiest pictures.
- Visit the new exhibition from Gordon Parks – I Am You in Foam until September 6. Gordon Parks used photography to capture and share the division of society in America. He fought for equal rights for Afro Americans and wasn’t afraid to talk about themes like poverty and injustice.
- The photographer Lionel Wendt (1900-1944) from Sri Lanka seems to be re-discoverd. The work he used to make was eclectic: from sensual and homo-erotic portraits to tropical images of Ceylon (now Sri Lanka). After his death, most of his negatives were destroyed, but the work he left behind lives on. In Huis Marseille you can see some of his work till September 3.
- Visit the Moco Museum, our favourite museum in Amsterdam! On the ground floor you can go to Banksy: Laugh Now. About 50 works can be seen here from the street art legend, and you have to have seen that once. You can also go to the beautiful exhibition of Salvador Dalí. 28 years ago, one of the most famous artists died and his most iconic works, for example the melting clocks and tables with ‘high heels’ are ready to be seen at the Moco Museum till August 30.
- Go to the Tropenmuseum (until July 2018) for the exhibition Body Art where you learn everything about body decorations. From make-up and tattoos, to skin implants and surgical changes. Sounds cool right?
- Last call: At the Stadsarchief Amsterdam you can go to Marc Faasse – Tourists in Amsterdam until July 9th. Tourists in Amsterdam, there are many of them. You can photograph them the easy way, but Marc Faasse did this in his own way. With a 9 meters long selfie stick. Almost every tourist has one, but 9 meters long…
- At Tassenmuseum Hendrikje you can go to the exhibition; It’s a Men’s World. Since 15 years we can’t think of a world without the men’s bag. For every type of man, there’s a bag that fits him. But this is not new. Till August 27 you can go to the exhibition about the man, his world and his bag.
- Do you need more inspiration? Check out the other 14 exhibitions in Amsterdam of this month.
- Juicy is turning 1 and that’s going to be celebrated this Saturday. Come to the Juicy Festival at DOK Amsterdam on Saturday and dance on hiphop until the morning with your best friends.
- On Sunday De Sluwe Vos & Friends are playing at Thuishaven Zomercircus. This promises to be a good day!
- This Saturday it’s time for the 18hrs Festival. 18 hours of dancing on the best DJ’s such as Benny Rodrigues, Emanuelle Vos and The Happy Feelings.
- End the week with Sloppy Sundae at Disco Dolly, the perfect spot to forget about your hangover and actions from the weekend.
- Need a ladies night? Lucky you! This Friday you can go to a ladies night at Bar Broker.
- Every Saturday you can dance in De Zomerkantine in De Marktkantine, for the best after-festival-parties. Different national and international artists will play special sets at De Zomerkantine and there will be a secret headliner.
- Fix a Caribbean outfit and come to Rock The Boat – Blacklight Dancehall Special at Chicago Social Cub on Saturday. We’re getting in the mood for Summer!
- 21 x the nicest clubs in Amsterdam to go to every weekend.
If you’d ask me, the weekend is the perfect moment to play your next trip. Did you already check out these travel/city guides on Your Little Black Book?
- Discover 16 hotspots in Athens that you probably don’t know yet. Happy travels!
- Tip: Need to get on a plane soon? Then we have good news! This month, you can order your Abel taxi in advance with the Abel in Advance service. This way, the happy, blue car will be in front of your home right on time and you don’t need to carry all your luggage. Nice: Check the Facebook post that goes with this blog to have a chance to win 1 of the 5 codes worth € 50,- so you can go to Schiphol with your friends for free.
- Are you going to Aruba this year? Check out our Travel Guide filled with tips to have on your radar!
- Berlin, you’re such a beautiful city! Do you want to go away for the weekend with friends? Visit Berlin and don’t forget to check our City Guide.
- Is whale spotting something that’s standing on your bucket list? It’s possible in Norway!
- Packing your suitcase for a holiday is always stressful, I always think I’ll forget something. Until today! I made a travel packing list that you can print for free to make sure you (and I ;-)) will never forget something!
Now on Yourlbb.tv
Hortus by Light Amsterdam is a special evening program during the cold winter nights at