Amsterdam weekend guide for July 14, 15 & 1613 July 2017
WEEKEND, and what kind of one! There’s so much to do in our pretty city this weekend, so it’s time to go out! Get your friends together for a day of eating and drinking at food festival TREK or go snacking at Bitterfest, the first bitterball festival in the Netherlands. Do you and your lover like seafood? Come to the fish festival Vistifal at Meneer Nieges or visit the Over het IJ Festival together. Check out all our tips in this new Amsterdam Weekend Guide for July 14, 15 & 16.
Ps: Team YOURLBB is in Vietnam the next few weeks! And you can follow our adventures on Instagram Stories!
TIP: We just pushed 14 new addresses to our Amsterdam City Guide app! With 700 of the best addresses we’ve collected during 5 years of Your Little Black Book our app will guide you to only the best places in town. From lunch spots to neighborhood guides, restaurants and a nearby map search so you can always find a spot close by. Available for iOS and Android, for only € 3,49. I really hope you like this new extension of Your Little Black Book!
PS: did you see the latest vlog on YOURLBB.TV yet?
- Scoop! PARK Café Restaurant at Hotel Arena launched a new food concept with a delicious plant-based menu with veggies from their own herb garden. We went there for a tasting and tell you all about it in the new blog >>. If you’re looking for a great outdoor hotspot to go to with friends this weekend this is one of our favourite patios in Amsterdam! Check the video below to get a nice impression of PARK Café Restaurant.
- This Sunday you can also go to the Pure Markt at Amsterdamse Bos. Nice for a day out with friends while tasting some drinks and bites.
- Or go for a brunch with your lover at Pikoteo on Sunday! They do not only have delicious eggs and breads to try, also a special cocktail menu ;-)
Come to Vegan Barbecue and Summer Cooking from Vegan Sundays on Sunday July 16. Learn how to cook 5 to 6 dishes that you can take with you to the beach or the park and get to know what’s nice on the barbecue.
YES, it’s here again: Festival TREK! Get your friends together on Friday till Sunday and jump on the bike to Amstelpark for an afternoon full of food, music, theater and a lot of fun.
Are you good at beer pong? Than it’s your time to shine at the Beer Pong Tournament of The Butcher. Show us what you got! Ps: the winner gets 100 euros to drink from all night.
- YES, this Saturday you can go to the very first bitterball festival of The Netherlands: Bitterfest!
- Ánd the whole weekend to the new food festival Proef Pampus!
- Visit Meneer Nieges this Sunday for a seafood dinner during Vistifal. There will be a BBQ with oysters on the terrace, they have herring, lobsters, pasta vongole, gambas, alikrugs, fish soup, crab legs, thick fries and mush more. Perfect for date night!
- This whole month (July) you can go to the pop-up The MealMakers at De Kopstootbar. Order a lot of oysters and beautiful fish dishes. For reservations call De Kopstootbar.
- Attention all Bloody Mary lovers! This summer you can go to a new boozy brunch pop-up in Amsterdam (but also in Rotterdam and The Hague)! We’ve tested it for you so check the date quickly and read all about it >>
- Good news for everyone who is crazy about Italy’s taste. This whole summer, restaurant 5 & 33 serves a Sicilian menu and we already went there to taste.
- Tip: at Remise47, the whole month July is all about oysters (visit the restaurant during the Crazy Oyster Days and get oysters for only €1,50!). Btw: during August it’s all about the best mussels of Amsterdam.
- Do you want to know which restaurants will open soon? Keep an eye on our new ‘Coming Soon’ section! We just added new ones.
What’s nicer than a cold, fresh cider on a sunny warm day? Visit the Cider Tasting at Waterkant this Sunday and pick your favourite!
Do you want to eat healthy but not in the mood to cook? Order online, because we listed our 12 favourite spots where you can order a healthy breakfast and 17 favourite spots where you can order healthy things. But also our favourite places in Amsterdam West and Amsterdam Oost where you can order too.
- Every Sunday you can go to Sunday Roast at Mr. Porter at the W Hotel and believe us, this is nice! Read the blog here!
- Throughout the month of July and August you can sip oysters on Sundays and cheers with bubbles at Restaurant MOER. The oysters are € 1 and a glass (bio) Cava only € 5.
5 x new restaurants in Amsterdam to visit this weekend with friends
- Tip: We have a lot more fun lists! Check them here >>
- It’s finally time for the Over het IJ Festival! For 10 days, from July 14 to 23, you can visit several theater plays of new and already known art makers at unique locations in Amsterdam North, on the shore of the IJ and at the NDSM Wharf. Check out the Facebook page for the full program of the festival and have fun!
Every Saturday you can visit a cabaret, art or stand-up comedy act at Vondelpark Openluchttheater. This Saturday you can listen and watch Kiki Schippers.
This Friday you celebrate the weekend on the Vrijmiboat of The Conscious Club. Get your tickets, with 2 beers, and enjoy your Friday.
From Saturday to August 6 you can visit the biggest Surinamese and Multicultural festival of the Netherlands, the Kwaku Summer Festival. Expect, delicious Surinam and Caribbean food ;-)
To relax this Sunday afternoon visit the Sunday Chill at Amsterdam Roest. Take a drink, a bite, sit back and relax. Btw guest DJ DJ Paulus dB is coming!
- TIP: Lowlands has an amazing line up. Artists like Alt-J, Moderat and Solange(!) will be on stage this year and we will be there. Did you already buy a ticket?
- In July and August, Artis is open until sunset on Saturdays. This Zoomeravond there will be live music in the music tent of Marle Thomson. Nice!
- In for a cultural afternoon? These are the best exhibitions in Amsterdam this month.
- No idea what to do today? Check out our Amsterdam Bucketlist with 56 things you should have done at least once in your life!
- Have you already seen our list with the best festivals that are happening soon? Buy your tickets quickly!
- Planning a movie date? These are the nicest movies to watch in cinema this month!
- New: Do you like to go to a festival? But not like camping? Then Lowlands Gllamcamp has the perfect solution for you! Never sleep in a leaking tent again.
Sunday shopping day! Come to to the Mega Markt in and around Olympisch stadion this Sunday July 16 and try to find the real treasures at the vintage market.
The Rembrandt Art Market is the oldest weekly art market in the Netherlands and is the follow up market from the Modern Art Market that stood on the Thorbeckeplein and later every Sunday on Rembrandtplein from 1886. They got together again at the Rembrandt Art Market, which you can now find in the passage of De Hallen Amsterdam on Saturday.
This summer, you can shop at Batavia Stad during the week until 8 PM and you will get extra high discounts during the SALE period [to August 20]. Did you know that they have brands such as Scotch & Soda, Fred de la Bretonière, Summum Woman, Tommy Hilfiger, Denham, Calvin Klein, America Today, Shabbies Amsterdam, G-Star and Samsonite (from the end of July) at Batavia Stad? Check out what brands you can find at Batavia Stad. Tip: From Amsterdam, a Shopping Shuttle runs to Batavia Stad Fashion Outlet every day.
- SALE! At most webshops you get 50-70% discount. Perfect if you need anything for your next city trip or holiday. Check out our favorite stores: MANGO -50%, ZALANDO -70%. NET-A-PORTER -70%, ASOS -70%, SCOTCH & SODA –50% and HUNKEMÖLLER -50%:
- NEW: From Saturday July 14 to September 3 you can visit the exhibition Animalia Amsterdam from photographer Isabella Rozendaal in Stadsarchief Amsterdam. Isabella photographed pets from Amsterdam for a year. Think of dogs, cats, pigs and giant slugs. Pets take the feeling of loneliness in the big city away and make sure we take care of somebody. This exhibition shows that in a beautiful way.
- Visit the new exhibition from Gordon Parks – I Am You in Foam until September 6. Gordon Parks used photography to capture and share the division of society in America. He fought for equal rights for Afro Americans and wasn’t afraid to talk about themes like poverty and injustice.
- The photographer Lionel Wendt (1900-1944) from Sri Lanka seems to be re-discoverd. The work he used to make was eclectic: from sensual and homo-erotic portraits to tropical images of Ceylon (now Sri Lanka). After his death, most of his negatives were destroyed, but the work he left behind lives on. In Huis Marseille you can see some of his work till September 3.
- Visit the Moco Museum, our favourite museum in Amsterdam! On the ground floor you can go to Banksy: Laugh Now. About 50 works can be seen here from the street art legend, and you have to have seen that once. You can also go to the beautiful exhibition of Salvador Dalí. 28 years ago, one of the most famous artists died and his most iconic works, for example the melting clocks and tables with ‘high heels’ are ready to be seen at the Moco Museum till August 30.
- Go to the Tropenmuseum (until July 2018) for the exhibition Body Art where you learn everything about body decorations. From make-up and tattoos, to skin implants and surgical changes. Sounds cool right?
- At Tassenmuseum Hendrikje you can go to the exhibition; It’s a Men’s World. Since 15 years we can’t think of a world without the men’s bag. For every type of man, there’s a bag that fits him. But this is not new. Till August 27 you can go to the exhibition about the man, his world and his bag.
- Do you need more inspiration? Check out the other 14 exhibitions in Amsterdam of this month.
- Do you already have a ticket for THE summer festival of 2017? The Ark Festival cruise travels from Barcelona to Marseille and Ibiza, and back to Barcelona from August 31 till September 4. Check our blog with 18 reasons why you want to be there!
On Sunday Tom Trago will be playing his best sets for 10 hours straight at Thuishaven Zomercircus. Let’s go.
Yes, this Saturday it’s time for Buiten Westen! Get your ticket and dance until the late hours on the best music!
End the week with Sloppy Sundae at Disco Dolly, the perfect spot to forget about your hangover and actions from the weekend.
This Saturday Bar Broker is all about Hiphop. DJ Barman is playing the best early HipHop songs from the last years.
It’s already time for the Final Edition of A Day At The Park Festival at Amsterdamse Bos this Saturday July 15. Let’s keep our fingers crossed for some sun.
Every Saturday you can dance in De Zomerkantine in De Marktkantine, for the best after-festival-parties. Different national and international artists will play special sets at De Zomerkantine and there will be a secret headliner.
- This Friday you can go to Lotje at the terrace of Atelier. Expect Rnb and HipHop, that’s how we like it!
- 21 x the nicest clubs in Amsterdam to go to every weekend.
If you’d ask me, the weekend is the perfect moment to play your next trip. Did you already check out these travel/city guides on Your Little Black Book?
- Discover 14 hotspots in Hong Kong that you probably don’t know yet. Happy travels!
- Tip: Need to get on a plane soon? Then we have good news! This month, you can order your Abel taxi in advance with the Abel in Advance service. This way, the happy, blue car will be in front of your home right on time and you don’t need to carry all your luggage. Nice: Check the Facebook post that goes with this blog to have a chance to win 1 of the 5 codes worth € 50,- so you can go to Schiphol with your friends for free.
- Do you want to go away for the weekend with friends? Visit Antwerp and don’t forget to take a look at our City Guide.
- Ever been in Reykjavik? It’s one of our favourite stop-overs with the plane. Check here why.
- Packing your suitcase for a holiday is always stressful, I always think I’ll forget something. Until today! I made a travel packing list that you can print for free to make sure you (and I ;-)) will never forget something!
- Get our
- Amsterdam app
- With over 800 hotspots nearby
Now on Yourlbb.tv
Nothing as unpredictable as the weather, that has become clear yet again. It was only
Nothing as unpredictable as the weather, that has become clear yet again. It was only
This is our list with favorite vintage furniture in Amsterdam to go on that real
YES, it’s the weekend! And what a difference this is compared to last weekend. It