Amsterdam Weekend Guide for December 29, 30 and 3129 December 2017
It’s already the last weekend of 2017. For me this year has gone by so fast and I’ve been lucky enough to experience such special and beautiful moments. And the cherry on the cake was of course that I’ve become pregnant!
Even though it’s almost 2018, luckily there are still lots of things to do this weekend in Amsterdam. For example, in this Amsterdam Weekend Guide for December 29, 30 and 31 you’ll find an Oliebollen pop-up at Lotti’s in The Hoxton, the Amsterdamse Winterparade is still going strong and you can still get a breakfast, lunch or dinner at the last moments of 2017 at all the hotspots that are still open because we’ve made quite a few lists for you all.
Enjoy this weekend and HAPPY NEW YEAR! <3
- Want to go out for dinner on New Years Eve last minute? Check out which restaurants are open here!
- At the end of the year we’ve yet again looked back on the new restaurants that have been opened! In this list we’ve lined up 32 favourites suitable for every budget.
- Quickly plan a coffee date with friends while it’s 2017? These 12 coffee places have opened its doors this year in Amsterdam!
- New Years Eve of course isn’t complete without some oliebollen. To be fair, they might not be very healthy but oh my, they taste so good every year. At Lotti’s in The Hoxton Hotel there’s an Oliebollen pop-up on December 30th! Perfect to score an oliebol for 2018, or maybe two… Click here for the Facebook event.
- Would you rather get an oliebol at one of the stands? If so, we’ve lined up a list with the tastiest oliebollen of Amsterdam! In our case, we’re going to get in line at Hartog ;-).
- Are you looking for put on a show with the best cocktails that feature prosecco or champagne? We’ve put together 3 champagne cocktail recipes that are super easy to make!
- The pop-up restaurant Mister Makan is open in the Kopstootbar up until January 13th. You can get the best tasting indo street food here and also very nice: vegans have lots of option too!
- Already looking forward to a New Years drink? Check out our list with hotspots that are open for a drink on New Years Day on January 1st!
- Until December 31 The Duchess is your go-to place in the afternoon. Because this restaurant, that has just gained a Michelin star, hosts a Holiday Afternoon Tea every day from 12 PM. The most colourful macarons, several kinds of champagne and red velvet cake… Yum! You can book a reservation via their site.
- Are you a real morning person? Up until February 25th Proeflokaal A. van Wees you can get breakfast every Saturday and Sunday for just € 5,-. Perfect to do before you go shopping for the lasts items of the year! Check the Facebook event for more info and good to know: there’s no need to make a reservation.
- Do you fancy a beer every now and then? If so, the Winter Bierfestival at Delirium Café is just the things for you. On december 28 and 29 you’ll enjoy the best beers here, some great food and there will also be lots of entertainment. Check out the Facebook event here.
- The last Lobster Saturday of the year at Proefwerk. Enjoy half a lobster for just € 10,- for the very last time this year. Click here for the Facebook event. Not really into lobster? Then go on Friday to the Gourmet Champagne. Lots of champagne, meat, fish and music! Check the event here.
- De laatste Lobster Saturday van het jaar bij Proefwerk. Geniet voor de allerlaatste keer van een halve kreeft voor € 10,-. Klik hier voor het Facebook event. Geen kreeft-liefhebber? Ga dan op vrijdag naar Gourmet Champagne. Veel champagne, vlees, vis en muziek! Check het event hier.
- More tips in our winter lists:
- Would you like to know which restaurants will be opening soon? Keep a close eye on our ‘Coming Soon‘ list! We’ve just added some new gems.
Tip: We’ve got many more great lists! Check them here >>
- We can finally go ice skating in Amsterdam again! On the ice rink ICE Amsterdam on Museum Square all the skaters are welcome, from the pros to the beginners. Or also if you just want to drink a glühwein and support the skaters from the side, of course.
- More ice skating? There are two more great ice rinks in Amsterdam, check them our here >>
- The beautiful Hortus Botanicus is open during the evening for a couple of dates in the winter. You can get a tour across the magical enlightened garden, have a three course dinner or just stop by for a drink. The Hortus By Light is very nice to do as a romantic evening with your lover!
- The Amsterdamse Winterparade is still on! Perfect for both the young ones and the older ones, because there’s a Ferris Wheel of 50 meters high, but also a Beer Village where they host a special theme party every evening. Restaurant Baut also has a pop-up restaurant there and there’s a giant ice rink where you can go skating.
- The Amsterdam Light Festival is in full swing. This yearly light festival can be seen across the entire city and it’s yet again such a special sight from a boat. Very special to see all the pieces of light art from the water and there’s also lots of things to do at the Marine terrain!
- Curious as to what you can do in the winter in Amsterdam? Check out our list with the 7 best tips >>
- And have you heard that the curling track at Floor 17 is still open?
- Up until February you can visit the Beurs van Berlage to see the exposition “Legendary Trunks” about the history of the iconic Louis Vuitton suitcase. A must visit for anyone who’s into travelling, because you hear all about the history of travelling and the part the suitcase plays in that. I secretly would love one of those suitcases that you can put down as a wardrobe. Good old times!
- Want to get some me-time before 2018 starts and perhaps visit a hairdresser or get your nails done? In this new list we’ve lined up 7 beauty addresses for you.
- Do you need to take it slow because Christmas and New Years are already expensive enough? These 13 things in Amsterdam will cost you absolutely nothing and are fun to do!
- Can’t shake of the Christmas feeling yet? The Christmas Market at Museum Sqaure is still there until December 30th. Check the Facebook event here.
- Kan je het Kerstgevoel nog niet helemaal loslaten? De Kerstmarkt op Museumplein staat er nog tot en met 30 december! Check het Facebook event hier.
- Feel like doing something different in Amsterdam for a change, but don’t know what? Check out our Amsterdam Bucketlist with 56 things you have to have done at least once in your life!
- For whoever secretly doesn’t want to leave the house, we’ve put together two more lists. Here are the 15 best Christmas movies of all time and the series of 2017 you want to have seen in 2017 (and are perfect for bingewatching during Christmas).
- In the Huidenstraat in the Nine Streets you can score an outfit for New Years last minute from December 28 – 30. Because there’s a sample sale of Afriek. Everything here is custom made so you’ll know for sure you have a unique outfit! Click here for the Facebook event with more info.
- This event on December 29 and 30 is a must for vintage lovers. At Vintage Heaven at Emporium of Wonders you’ll score the funniest, most remarkable and best vintage items. And they’ve also taken care of drinks and music! Click here for the Facebook event.
- Shopping tip! Last minute shopping with discounts up until 70%? Quickly check out our new shoplog of Batavia Stad Fashion Outlet. And did you know the stores are also open during the holidays on December 24, 26 and 31? We’ll tell you all about it in this blog >>
- On the Rokin you can find the most sustainable fashion items at Fashion for Good up until December 31st. There are also workshops to participate in and they’ve organized several activities. Check the Facebook event for more info and timetables of the workshops.
- Uashmama has a pop-up store at the Haarlemmerdijk up until December 31st. You’ll get the best sustainable products here like handbags, but also items for in your house. Every product originates from Italy and looks just like leather, but it’s washable and it keeps its shape. Nice! Click here for the Facebook event.
- Do concept stores in Amsterdam also make you really happy any time? Whether you’re looking for nice gifts to give to friends or for yourself; in concept stores the options are really diverse and you are very likely to succeed. That’s why we’ve lined up our favourite concept stores to go shopping for the best items.
- On December 29 and 30 there is a Books & Editions Sale at Foam Photography Museum. You can find an assortment of photos, cards, posters and books here. All on sale! You can visit the sale for free when you’re in the museum. Click here for the Facebook event.
- Up until December 31st you can walk in at the Leica Store in the Van Baerlestraat to see their In Store Gallery. There are several photos and videos here by the Tehran photographer Rahi Rezvani. Entrance is free, click here for the Facebook event with more info.
- Check out the most beautiful photos at 5&33. From November to January they host the New Dutch Photography Talent here. The editors of the magazine by the same name have made a selection of what they think are the most special photos by talented upcoming photographers. Click here for all the dates on the Facebook event.
- Till January 2019 you can see the exposition Fashion Cities Africa in the Tropenmuseum. At this new exposition in the Tropenmuseum the scenes of fashion in four large African cities play the lead: Casablanca, Johannesburg, Nairobi and Lagos. Lots of fashion designers, bloggers and stylists from these cities have gained worldwide popularity on social media. With their designs, photos and videos they inspire fashion lovers from all around the world.
- Up until January 6 you can get a free tour in the Hermitage through their exposition Portrait Gallery of the Golden Age. It’s in English, but nonetheless fun for everyone to do. The only thing you need to do is to sign up at the front desk of the museum. Click here for the Facebook event with more info.
- On December 29 there’s the Young Collection Circle x This Art Fair in the Beurs van Berlage. This art fair is different from others, because the artists themselves promote their work here! There will also be a special tour at 7PM, to participate sign up through the Facebook event.
- And read all about at which museums you can have a great dinner closeby here!
- Dancing with Lotje on the Amsterdamse Winterparade! The best R&B and hiphop hits will be played on December 29 and of course you can go for some ice skating beforehand or a round in the Ferris Wheel. There are more activities, check the Facebook event for more informatie.
- On December 29 Lotjes’ good friend, Frits, is hosting a party at The Butcher Social Club in the A’DAM Toren. Here they play the best disco and house hits and of course the oliebollen will be there too! Click here for more info and tickets.
- Are you looking for some inspiration to go all out this last weekend before Christmas? Check out out lists of the best clubs in Amsterdam here >>
- Next Monday’s Hangover isn’t a fan of New Years. In Het Sieraad they celebrate F*CK NYE on December 29 and 30! Do you also think New Years is nothing but a cliché and overrated? Go all out on these two nights and skip New Years.
- Don’t know what to do on New Years Eve yet? Check out our party guide for New Years Eve 2017 / 2018 here!
Now on Yourlbb.tv
From East to West and from North to South. Discover the best coffee bars in
From East to West and from North to South. Discover the best coffee bars in
YES, it’s time for the weekend again! And it’s the third weekend of 2018 and
The Dirty Chicken Club Amsterdam has the golden combination: chicken, cocktails and street art!