Amsterdam Weekend Guide for February 16, 17 & 1816 February 2018
27 things you’ll want to do this weekend in amsterdam
We’ve survived it yet again, the week is done and now it’s time for weekend! Of course I’m hoping you all had a romantic and fun Valentines Day. In case you are celebrating a belated Valentines Day this weekend: have fun! And in case you’re not – don’t worry, because of course there are many things to do this weekend. Like going to the IJ-Hallen, or go straight from work to Strand Zuid for drinks on Friday. On Sunday there’s another Boozy Brunch at Lokaal Edel, en de real die hards can go partying for 15 hours straight at Thuishaven. In short, there’s something for everyone! Have fun with this Amsterdam Weekend Guide with the 27 best tips to do this weekend.
HAPPY WEEKEND! <3
PS: Unfortunately no new vlog this week, but have you watched the latest one already on Travelkids.co? This is your chance to get a sneak peek behind the scenes and you can also follow me on Instagram!
27 tips for things to do this weekend in amsterdam
- This Friday Strand Zuid is hosting their second Winterborrel. In case you’ll want to go there straight from work, there’s the possibility to grab a bite beforehand here. Coverband The Tour will be performing. Click here for the Facebook event.
- Chicken for two this Sunday at Razmataz. They’re hosting Chicks on Sunday then which means you can get a whole chicken with mashed apples and fries. They’re serving a triple beer by Gebrouwen door Vrouwen with it. Check the Facebook event here.
- Would you like to get your balcony summerproof? If so, check out De Balkonie in the East of Amsterdam for the best accessories, chairs and plants to decorate your balcony with.
- Do you have tickets for the Sjefietshé pop-up yet? On February 23rd they’re serving a 4-course meal of ceviche, prepared in a true Amsterdam style.
- Craving Asian Streetfood? At De Blauwe Draak you can order all sorts of streetfood, from sushi to gyozas and bao buns.
- Upcoming singer Jessie Reyez is performing in the Bitterzoet this Sunday. She’s already collaborated with Chance The Rapper and Skrillex. Last year she performed in a sold-out Paradiso so be quick if you want to order tickets. Check the Facebook event here.
- Thuishaven is going on for some extra hours, 15 hours to be exact. Olivier Weiter and Miss Melera are the headliners and it will not end till 4 in the morning. Click here for the Facebook event.
- This weekend you can go on a hunt for the hidden gems yet again at the IJ-Hallen. As usual it’s recommended to come as early as possible to spot the best items. Check out the Facebook event here.
- Want to go to the movies this weekend? Check out our list with 6 movies you’ll want to see in theatres now!
- They’ve had countless hits, with Chris Martin among others, and now they’re performing in the Ziggo Dome. Of course I’m talking about The Chainsmokers and they’re still some tickets left! Check the Facebook event here with more info and tickets.
- Every Saturday the Peanut Butter & Jelly-fans are in luck at Bar Basuiat. Admittedly, you can’t actually get the sandwich here but it is the name of their party in the evening! Click here for the Facebook event and good to know: entrance is free.
- Early birds won’t want to miss this Morning Breakfast at the brewery De Prael Houthavens! Everything is included: a 3-course breakfast starting at 11AM with unlimited coffee and tea. In case you’d rather order one of their beers for breakfast, that of course can be arranged ;-). Check the Facebook event here with more info.
- If you’re more a person for a Boozy Brunch, that’s also possible at Lokaal Edel. They also start at 11AM and serve shared dining dishes – with umlimited Bloody Mary’s! Click here for the Facebook event.
- The Harewood Bakery is hosting a pop-up with their homemade doughnuts and I can tell you… oh my, those are so tasty! The pop-up is at the Stooker Roasting Company in the East of Amsterdam and will be there until the 25th of February. Check the Facebook event with more info here.
- Feel like doing some cultural trips this weekend? Then check out our list with expositions you’ll want to visit in February!
- We can again dance the night away at the Chin Chin Club. This Saturday it’s time for another Chin Chin Dynasty which stands for the best 90s hits mixed with R&B and HipHop. Check the Facebook event here.
- Didn’t you have a chance to celebrate Valentines Day this week? Check the best hotels in The Netherlands and Belgium here for a romantic getaway!
- Last chance: in the Beurs van Berlage you can visit the exposition “Legendary Trunks” up until this Sunday, on the history of the iconic Louis Vuitton suitcase. A must visit for everyone who’s into travelling, because you hear all about the history of travelling and the role the suitcase plays in it. I’d secretly would love one of those suitcases that you can use as a wardrobe. Good old times!
- De Vergulden Eenhoorn is celebrating the Bijvangstfestival for the second time this Saturday and Sunday. Here you can get the tastiest, not-everyday fish. How come? While catching the fish they still also catch lots of other sea animals as well that are thrown overboard alive, but the majority doesn’t survive this. They want to tackle this problem, but fear not: they also have “regular” seafood like oysters ;-). Check the Facebook event here with more info.
- ClubUp is opening their doors for the first time in 2018 and they’re off on a good start: this Saturday they’re hosting Vunzige Deuntjes! Until 5 in the morning you can dance to all the R&B and HipHop hits, and, yes… all the dirty ones will be played as well. Click here for the Facebook event.
- On Sunday you can visit Zwart Goud for their In-Store Gallery. Besides viewing all the artworks, they’re alsof or sale. Check the Facebook event here with more info and the line-up of artists.
but make sure to not forget these tips…
- On the ground floor of the Moco Museum you can view the exposition Banksy: Laugh Now. They’re viewing around 50 pieces by the street art legend that you definitely had to have seen once in your life. It’s the first time in history that there’s an exposition about this subjcet and with the work of Banksy.
- Feel like going out for dinner this weekend but are you out of inspiration? Check out our list wist 11 x Restaurants that have opened in January this year!
- More tips in our winter lists:
- Feel like doing something else in Amsterdam, but don’t know what? Check out Amsterdam Bucketlist with 56 dingen that you had to have done at least once in your life!
- Would you like to know what restaurants are opening soon? Keep a close eye on our new column ‘Coming Soon‘! We’ve just added a couple of new spots.
Tip: We have many more great lists! Check them here >>
PSSSST… DISCOVER MORE (TRAVEL)TIPS IN MY (NEW) BOOKS!
- Feed Your Wanderlust – Travel Guide for a bohemian lifestyle (new in 2018)
- Staycation – 22 guides and shortlists for a vacation close to home (new in 2018)
- Wanderlust – Urban Travel Style Guide
- De Amsterdam City Guide (Dutch) & The Amsterdam City Guide (English)
- Get our
- Amsterdam app
- With over 800 hotspots nearby
Now on Yourlbb.tv
The ‘Moderne Hippie Markt’ is back at Amsterdam Roest on November 19 2017!
The ‘Moderne Hippie Markt’ is back at Amsterdam Roest on November 19 2017!
Nothing as unpredictable as the weather, that has become clear yet again. It was only
This is our list with favorite vintage furniture in Amsterdam to go on that real