Amsterdam Weekend Guide February 12, 13 & 1411 February 2016
Weekend tips for February 12, 13 & 14
Whether you love it or hate it… this weekend it’s all about Valentine’s Day and there’s is no escaping from it. So lovebirds, let’s just simply have a loving weekend! Have dinner at a romantic restaurant for example. Or surprise your love with a hotel stay in The Netherlands or Belgium! Although there are also plenty Valentine-things-to-do in Amsterdam this weekend, like the Avondmarkt at Roest or the Local Goods Weekend Market. Also nice to go to when you’re single. Oh, and dreaming about a Las Vegas style wedding? Go to Pop-Up wedding chappel ft. Boom Chicago at 5&33 this Sunday! ;-) >> Enjoy!
PS: you can listen to the Amsterdam Weekend Guide on Amsterdam FM every Friday around 11:45!
– Planning a romantic dinner this Valentine? Book a table at one of these restaurants in town for a great Valentine dinner.
– If you aks me, lobster is the perfect Valentines meal. This Sunday, Bistro Noord servers the best lobster dishes in town.
– Have you already been to new hotspot Jansz at the Nine Streets? Perfect if you’re looking for a fine-dining restaurant.
– At De Pijp, healthy hotspot The Meets just opened. Nice to check out this weekend!
– Also new in town: SNCKBR! Here they serve unhealthy snacks in their most healthiest way!
– So many great restaurants in Amsterdam, don’t you think? Check our blog with must visit restaurants in Amsterdam and have dinner at one of these places this weekend!
– Planning on having dinner with friends or you love? Check these 12 new restaurants in Amsterdam!
– We love these places for Friday afterwork drinks!:
* Check our list with 10 Friday afterwork drinks spots in Amsterdam!
* Pllek is always a good idea for Feeling Friday.
* SoSo Lobi at Waterkant is highly recommended for summer vibes, beer and roti!
Some foodie proof lists to make your life easier :-)
* 30 restaurants in the city center
* 19 nicest breakfast spots in town
* 14 healthy hotspots we love
* 47 great coffee bars in Amsterdam
* 24 cocktail bars in Amsterdam
Check the blog for more lists! >>
– Want to do something fun with your love this weekend? We selected the best things to do this Valentine.
– Dreaming about a Las Vegas style wedding? Go to Pop-Up wedding chappel ft. Boom Chicago at 5&33 this Sunday! Here you can get married (unofficially) at their Vegas wedding chappel. Bring your family and friends and enjoy bubbles, bites and wedding pictures from the special Insta Photo Booth.
– Friday night you must go to the Avondmarkt at Roest. The market is all about eating, drinking, shopping and dancing.
– Another market this weekend is the Locals Goods Weekend Market. With this weekend a special Valentines edition (of course).
– Want to get to know Amsterdam East better? Join 24H Oost! Clubs, shops, theaters, museums and special buildings in East open their doors with special events and activities this weekend.
– Looking for an inspirational Sunday? Read here all about fun stuff in Amsterdam.
– Design lover? Event Design icons is a must visit for you! Sixty professional vintage design dealers from across Europe gather this weekend with interior stuff for your home. Time to go shopping!
– Or go shopping at Amsterdam East. We selected 14 shops for you to check out.
– Looking for a nice gift for your male friend? Check our blog with 6 concept stores for men.
– There are much more cool shops in Amsterdam! Check them here >> >>
– Until March 5 the Eduard Planting Gallery presents a unique collection of photographs of Marilyn Monroe. Taken by the famous photographers Milton Greene and Douglas Kirkland.
– Let’s go back to the 60s! At the Tropenmuseum with the The Sixties expo! Fashion, design, music, architecture and photographs from the 60’s are exposed.
– At Foam you can now see a great overview with black and white photo’s of the American photographer Francesca Woodman. Woodman explored themes such as gender, representation, sexuality and body.
– Have you already been to Close-Up – A New Generation of Film and Video Artists in the Netherlands at EYE Film Instituut? An exhibition featuring numerous recent film and video works and spatial installations by a new generation of filmmakers and artists in the Netherlands,
– GO Gallery is thé street art gallery in Amsterdam and a must visit!
– Stadsarchief Amsterdam pronounced a new expo: Amsterdamse Parken (Amsterdam parks). All these great parks in Amsterdam, but what do people do there? Photographer Jeroen Hofman shows you.
– A must visit expo at Tassenmuseum Hendrikje: Street Couture. At this exhibition it’s all about mix and match: high end fashion is combined with street fashion, sports and pop culture.
– The best day for a party still is the Sunday, right? Thuishaven organises another Wintercircus this weekend!
– Want to go clubbing this weekend? Get to know the 13 clubs in Amsterdam where you must go dancing.
– Feel like dancing but not in the mood for clubbing? On Saturday Pllek is thé place to be! DJs wil play some of the best records at dinner time and late into the night. After dinner the tables will be set aside so you can dance! See you at Beatroots!
– Up for some good weekend music? Every month we make a new playlist on Spotify! Check our playlists here >>
Leave a reply
Leave a reply
Strafwerk Festival gaat voor een nieuwe locatie en trekt alles uit de kast!
Als ik zeg dat ik Johannesburg een te gekke stad vind krijg ik steevast een