Amsterdam Weekend Guide for December 8, 9 and 108 December 2017
WOW, what a week it has been! A very special week for me, because this week I’ve revealed to you all that I’m having a baby next spring. YES, I’m pregnant and the whole world can finally know. Although lots of my followers are parents already, there are also lots of followers that are not at all busy with babies. I personally wasn’t as well till a couple of years ago! And that’s why I’m going to share all my kids proof hotspot tips and personal stories on a new platform. Next year the website of Travelkids.co will be going live (though you can already subscribe to the newsletter through this link), but for now you can follow all my pregnancy ups and downs on the new Youtube channel and the new Instagram account. For whoever want to stay up to date, that is. Thank you so much for ALL THE SWEET REACTIONS the past week! Again, WOW. And also so cool that over 1.200 fans have already started to follow me on the travel + kids channel. Thanks for your support. That makes me so incredibly happy!
Back to the order of the day… this weekend one of the coolest Christmas markets is back in Amsterdam! Because this weekend on Saturday you can go all out when it comes to shopping at the Sissy-Boy Christmas market, and if you kind of like the cold there’s the Pure market in the Amstel park on Sunday too. Personally I’ll be on cloud nine in Paris, but I wish you all a lot of fun! There’s a nice selection of other tips again ready for you in the Amsterdam Weekend Guide for December 8, 9 and 10. HAVE FUN!
- Time for shopping! On Sunday December 10 the Funky Xmas Market is in the Westergasfabriek. Besides shopping for Christmas gifts you can also enjoy declious food, glühwein, theatre and live music! The market is both inside in the gashouder as outside on the Klonnenplein. The entrance is completely free and the market is from 12PM – 6PM.
- Yay, a winter market in the heart of Amsterdam! At the Reguliersdwarsstraat, that is. The Fair Fair will provide everyone of bites, drinks and live music on December 9 from 10AM – 5PM. Also suitable for everyone who gets cold quickly, because they have heated seats! Fun fact: everything here is sustainable and green.
- It’s yet again time for Lobster Sunday at Proefwerk! The very last edition. A half of lobster is a mere € 10,- on Sundays here. Besides that they have delicious wines that have been paired with the lobster and a DJ will fix some fitting tunes.
- Monday December 11 BAUT Paradijs is all about the new Lion Collection by Fabienne Chapot. On this exclusive evening you will have the opportunity to be the very first that gets to see the collection and to make a purchase, while enjoying a 3-course dinner with paired wines and all of the profits will go to the Antoni van Leeuwenhoek hospital. Would you like to contribute to the battle against cancer? You can still order tickets via this link.
- This Sunday will be the last time the Pure Market is in the Amstelpark, for this year at least. So gloves and hats on, because it’s all outside ;-). The Pure Market is a cozy market with stalls by craft entrepreneurs. You can find delicious food here, some great drinks and also non-food items. Also great to visit with kids, because for the little ones there’s a whirligig!
- Al bij MaMa Kelly in Amsterdam geweest?
Would you like to know which restaurants will be opening soon? If yes, keep an eye on our ‘Coming Soon‘ header! We’ve just added some more gems.
- Tip: We have many more nice lists! Check them out here >>
- Christmas in Amsterdam really starts every year when the giant Christmas tree on Dam Square is lighted. This year that will happen on December 8 at 6.30PM, with live perfomances starting from 5.30PM and delicious hot chocolate by Tony Chocolonely! Check out the Facebook event here.
- In de Beurs van Berlage is deze week de expositie “Legendary Trunks” geopend over de geschiedenis van de iconische Louis Vuitton koffer. Een must visit voor iedereen die van reizen houdt, want je hoort alles over de geschiedenis van reizen en de rol van de koffer. Ik zou stiekem best wel zo’n koffer willen hebben die je neer kunt zetten als een kledingkast. Good old times!
- Over kerstbomen gesproken… bij het Pulitzer Amsterdam staat in de tuin een prachtig grote kerstboom en ook de kerstboom in het Conservatorium Hotel staat er weer. Leuk om even een koffie te drinken bij deze hotels en alle lichtjes te bewonderen!
- En heb je ons lijstje met de leukste kerstmarkten in Amsterdam al gezien? Er zijn er dit jaar 7 en wij vertellen er hier alles over!
- Ben jij al wezen schaatsen op Museumplein? Of pak je het liever grootser aan en ga je naar een échte schaatsbaan? Dit zijn de 3 leukste schaatsbanen waar je deze winter heen kunt >>
- The entire weekend of December 8, 9 and 10 the classic Home Alone will be screened in the Pathé theatres De Munt, Tuschinski and Arena. A real feel good movie that totally suits the winter vibes and honestly… this movie will never not be funny?
- Not a fan of Home Alone but still want to go to the movies? These are the movies in theatres you’ll want to see this month! From action movies to feel good movies.
- Want to take it slow? These 13 things to do in Amsterdam will cost you nothing and are fun to do!
- Don’t have a clue on what you want to do today? Check out our Amsterdam Bucketlist with 56 things you have to have done at least once in your life!
- Go for some shopping at the Sissy-Boy Christmas market! This Christmas market at the Amstelveld is perfect for gift shopping, for family and friends, and of course for yourself ;-). Besides Sissy-Boy you can find lots of other brands here that sell cute fashion items, but also accessories, kids clothing and of course glühwein. The market is on Saturday December 9 from 10AM to 6PM.
- Ga jij in december nog op vakantie en reis je dan via Schiphol? Ik heb de mazzel dat ik volgende week nog een paar dagen in Milaan ben en Londen! Heb nu al zin om te shoppen na de security, want heb een heel mooi cadeau voor mijzelf op het oog :-). Vlieg jij voor 26 december ook nog via Schiphol? Doe dan daar je kerstinkopen, want je kunt via deze link een voucher downloaden voor € 5,-, € 15,- of € 25,- korting!
- Goed nieuws voor liefhebbers van het Vlaamse merk Komono. Deze week is de flagship store op de Elandsgracht officieel geopend. Lees er hier alles over! Ik ben fan van hun betaalbare zonnebrillen en horloges. Scoorde er een te gekke grote ronde bril die ook in de winter bij mooi weer mijn vaste accessoire gaat worden!
- Levi’s is launching something very cool this weekend! At the brand store in Amsterdam the t-shirt print bar opens on December 9. This is where you can design your own Levi’s batwing t-shirt and have it printed on demand. I’m going to get one with my own name on it! Wanna know more? Check the Facebook event page >>
- Nog een nieuwe store opening en wel van het Amerikaanse merk Under Armour. Het adres om te gaan shoppen voor alles wat je nodig hebt voor je goede voornemens! Want als jij ook maar een beetje op mij lijkt, dan is de kans groot dat deze voornemens beginnen met een nieuwe outfit, nieuwe yoga mat, sport tas en schoenen :-0.
- Tip for next week: Fabienne Chapot is launching her new Lion Collection. If you’re not able to be present at the pop-up event, the collection will be available from December 12. The total profit will go to the Antoni van Leeuwenhoek hospital and this way you’ll support them in their battle against cancer. The collection also contains a phone case and a make-up bag besides clothing.
- Would you rather wear something colourful in these grey days? Go shopping at Catwalk Junkie on the Prinsengracht. They have a big flagship store there where you can get all their cute items, with their striking prints and relaxed sweaters to make sure you’ll survive the winter just fine.
- Looking for somewhat more special gifts? Take a look inside Spott Amsterdam, the pop-up store that’s being managed by young entrepreneurs that are still studying at the HvA. Funny items like spelt vodka and handmade watches, think of something and you’ll find it here!
- Ga jij dit weekend op jacht voor kerstcadeaus? Dan hebben we hier de leukste items op een rij gezet:
- Do beautiful concept stores in Amsterdam also make you real happy? Whether you’re looking for nice gifts for others or for yourself; in concept stores the options are endless and you’ll likely succeed. That’s why we’ve lined up our favourite concept stores to go shopping for the cutest items for you.
- Up until January 2019 you can visit the Fashion Cities Africa exhibition in the Tropenmuseum. At this new exhibition in the Tropenmuseum the fashion scenes in four large African City play the lead: Casablanca, Johannesburg, Nairobi and Lagos. Lots of fashion designer, bloggers and stylists from these cities gained worldwide popularity on social media. With their designs, photos and videos they inspire fashion lovers from all around the world.
- On Saturday December 10 you can participate in the Amsterdam Light Parade that starts from De Hallen. In this parade everything will ride their (unmotorized) vehicle in a parade through the West of Amsterdam. The concept is to make this one big, moving piece of lighted art. So light up your bike as much and creatively as you can and ride along! The starting tme is 5PM at De Hallen.
- Foam will host a walk-in work shop by photographer André Kertész on Saturday December 10. In this workshop you will learn how to alter reality using photography, which makes a surreal picture. This is the style that André Kertész is known of, as he uses altered mirrors for example, and other attributes. Photo camera and other things are already present, and you can participate for free (you only pay the museum entrance)!
- This entire weekend there will be a pop-up exposition named Personal Stories at Atelier Oosterbosch. It’s a collaboration between 7 artists and illustrators. You can view their work here, but also participate in one of the several workshops.
- In need of more inspiration? These are the 12 most beautiful expositions of this month.
- Sing along with the Backstreet Boys, get down with R. Kelly and Sean Paul… everything is possible this Friday at Terug Naar Toen in the Chin Chin Club! Besides hits from way back you can play several arcade games and for the nightingales among us there’s karaoke.
- Lovers of the Friday afternoon drinks are probably already familiar with Frits. This concept is at a different location every time and starts on Friday at 6PM till 12AM. So you can go there straight from work ;-). This time they have a very special location, namely the entrance hall of the Central Station!
- Whoever prefers not to see their bed for the entire weekend, De School is hosting The Weekend. From Saturday evening 11PM till Monday morning 6AM there will be DJs non-stop, and as you know from De School it will definitely be a party to remember.
- Of course Sunday will also be the day of the well-known Wintercircus at Thuishaven! One of the last editions of the year and the ticketsales are on fire, so if you want to be there make sure to quickly buy yourself a ticket.
- 21 x our favourite clubs in Amsterdam to visit weekend after weekend again!
- Will you be flying from Schiphol in December? Do some Christmas shopping there, because with this link you can download a voucher for a discount of € 5,-, € 15,- or € 25,-!
- Already into the Christmas vibes because of all the tips from these guides, but feel like going out of the city for a change? Check out 10 beautiful Christmas markets across The Netherlands!
TIP: We’ve put some new hotspots in our Amsterdam City Guide APP again. Discover over 700 of our best tips collected in 5 years of Your Little Black Book. From lunch spots to the best addresses in all of the areas in Amsterdam, restaurants and a ‘NEARBY’ function with a map so you’re sure to find the best addresses anytime and anywhere close to you. Our Amsterdam City Guide app is available for iOS and Android and will only cost you € 3,49, doesn’t contains any ads and will be provided of an update every two weeks with the latest hotspots. I hope you’ll have lots of fun with it!
Now on Yourlbb.tv
From East to West and from North to South. Discover the best coffee bars in
From East to West and from North to South. Discover the best coffee bars in
YES, it’s time for the weekend again! And it’s the third weekend of 2018 and
The Dirty Chicken Club Amsterdam has the golden combination: chicken, cocktails and street art!