Amsterdam Weekend Guide for December 22, 23 and 2422 December 2017
YES! It’s finally Christmas! I have been looking forward to these special days for weeks. I’m not sure if it’s because of being pregnant, but I just love the festive season and all the food and coziness that comes with it. Sunday it’s Christmas Eve and besides the fact that for most people that’s the time of coming together with family, friends and/or your lover it also means there’s a lot going on in Amsterdam this last weekend before Christmas! Like a fancy Afternoon Tea at The Duchess or the new Christmas market called Amsterdamse Winterparade and the market next to ICE Amsterdam.
Do you still need to go Christmas shopping this weekend? No worries, we listed our favourite concept stores in Amsterdam for you. Or go shopping at The Maker Market at De Hallen. If you would rather like to contribute to the Christmas spirit you’re at the right address at Meneer Nieges: they organise a Christmas market where all the profits directly go to charity. So it’s a win-win situation!
Tip: in this not to miss Amsterdam Christmas guide we listed more than 20 tips in one overview for you!
In this Amsterdam Weekend Guide you can find more tips for December 22, 23 & 24 but also many lists for wintery tips in Amsterdam and all you need to know for Christmas. MERRY CHRISTMAS in Amsterdam <3
- Do you have stress about the Christmas dinner and do you rather go out for lunch or dinner? These 32 restaurants in Amsterdam are open during the holidays! Also handy: at these 16 restaurants you can even book a table online, so you know immediately if they still have a table available!
- Craving some winter food? Check out a list with 10 hotspots in Amsterdam where you can get the best cheese fondue.
- Until December 31 The Duchess is your go-to place in the afternoon. Because this restaurant, that has just gained a Michelin star, hosts a Holiday Afternoon Tea every day from 12 PM. The most colourful macarons, several kinds of champagne and red velvet cake… Yum! You can book a reservation via their site.
- Have you always wanted to dine at a very special setting? The Scheepsvaartmuseum hosts its own pop-up restaurant from December 21 – December 25. ‘Onder de Sterrenhemel’ (‘Underneath the starry sky’) is what they call their temporary restaurant and if you still want to book a table be quick! Check out the Facebook event with more information here.
- Go for a Brunch in one of the most beautiful parks of Amsterdam, namely the Vondelpark. At Vondelpark3 they serve a delicious Christmas brunch every day of Christmas. Very fun to go to with family or friends after a nice winter walk!
- Don’t have any plans for Christmas Eve yet but craving a delicious dinner? Escobar goes all out on Christmas Eve, with culinary tapas and of course it’s time for some dancing at the end of the evening. Good to know: you don’t need to make a reservation, so you can just walk right in! Check out the Facebook event here.
- This weekend Proefwerk is the place to go on Saturday and Sunday. Saturday it’s Lobster Saturday with a half of a lobster for only € 10,-. Check the Facebook event here.
- More tips in our winter lists:
- Would you like to know which restaurants will be opening soon? Keep a close eye on our ‘Coming Soon‘ list! We’ve just added some new gems.
Tip: We’ve got many more great lists! Check them here >>
- We can finally go ice skating in Amsterdam again! On the ice rink ICE Amsterdam on Museum Square all the skaters are welcome, from the pros to the beginners. Or also if you just want to drink a glühwein and support the skaters from the side, of course.
- The beautiful Hortus Botanicus is open during the evening for a couple of dates in the winter. You can get a tour across the magical enlightened garden, have a three course dinner or just stop by for a drink. The Hortus By Light is very nice to do as a romantic evening with your lover!
- The Amsterdamse Winterparade has started! Perfect for both the young ones and the older ones, because there’s a Ferris Wheel of 50 meters high, but also a Beer Village where they host a special theme party every evening. Restaurant Baut also has a pop-up restaurant there and there’s a giant ice rink where you can go skating.
- The Amsterdam Light Festival is in full swing. This yearly light festival can be seen across the entire city and it’s yet again such a special sight from a boat. Very special to see all the pieces of light art from the water and there’s also lots of things to do at the Marine terrain!
- In the Zuiderkerk in Amsterdam you can visit the WinterParade up until December 30. Lots of theatre, dance and music at one large long table. Click here for the Facebook event.
- And have you heard that the curling track at Floor 17 is open again?
- Curious what the highest Christmas tree of Amsterdam looks like? Visit the gardens of the Pulitzer Hotel and enjoy a winter cocktail, heaters, blankets and even warmed pillows.
- On Christmas Eve you can go to the Oosterpark before dinner for a lighted Christmas walk. You experience the Christmas story in this beautiful park, while enjoying hot chocolate. Also perfect to take your kids to. Good to know: the entrance is free and it starts at 6.30OM. Check out the Facebook event here.
- Up until February you can visit the Beurs van Berlage to see the exposition “Legendary Trunks” about the history of the iconic Louis Vuitton suitcase. A must visit for anyone who’s into travelling, because you hear all about the history of travelling and the part the suitcase plays in that. I secretly would love one of those suitcases that you can put down as a wardrobe. Good old times!
- Would you like some me-time just before the holidays start? In this list we’ve lined up our 7 best beauty addresses in Amsterdam for you.
- Do you need to take it slow because all your budget is spent on doing Christmas shopping? These 13 things in Amsterdam will cost you absolutely nothing but are fun to do!
- Would you like to escape Amsterdam for the holidays? Check out our 10 best Christmas markets in Holland or these 10 best Christmas Markets in Germany.
- Feel like doing something different in Amsterdam for a change, but don’t know what? Check out our Amsterdam Bucketlist with 56 things you have to have done at least once in your life!
- For whoever secretly doesn’t want to leave the house, we’ve put together two more lists. Here are the 15 best Christmas movies of all time and the series of 2017 you want to have seen in 2017 (and are perfect for bingewatching during Christmas).
- Just in time – you can still go do some Christmas shopping at De Hallen in Amsterdam. They host The Maker Market featuring the most unique brands of Amsterdam and surroundings. What to expect? Both food and non-food items, all locally produced. Check out the Facebook event for more information.
- Would you like to have the most beautiful Christmas tree in your home? Check out these 7 addresses for Christmas trees to get the most beautiful one. And for the pretty things to hang IN the tree, check out our best Christmas departments in Amsterdam.
- Shopping tip! Christmas shopping with discounts up until 70%? Quickly check out our new shoplog of Batavia Stad Fashion Outlet. And did you know the stores are also open during the holidays on December 24, 26 and 31? We’ll tell you all about it in this blog >>
- Christmas shopping for a good cause! There isn’t a more beautiful Christmas spirit than this, is there? Meneer Nieges hosts the Meneertje Kerstmarkt voor het Vergeten Kind on Saturday from 1PM. The entrance is free, there are great musthaves to shop but also lots of activities to participate in. Check out the Facebook event for more information.
- Up until December 31 Uashmama hosts their own pop-up store at the Haarlemmerdijk. Here you can find the cutest, most sustainable products like hand bags, but also items to put in your own home. Every products comes from Italy and looks just like it’s a leather item, but it’s washable and remains its form. Nice! Click here for the Facebook event.
- Do concept stores in Amsterdam also make you really happy any time? Whether you’re looking for nice gifts to give to friends or for yourself; in concept stores the options are really diverse and you are very likely to succeed. That’s why we’ve lined up our favourite concept stores to go shopping for the best items.
- Are you going shopping for Christmas gifts this weekend? We’ve lined up the best items for you:
- Are you going on a holiday in December and are you travelling from Schiphol? I’m lucky enough that I will be in Milan a couple of days next week and then London! I already can’t wait to go shopping after security, because I’ve got my eye on a very nice gift for myself :-). Are you flying from Schiphol before December 26? Do your Christmas shopping here, because via this link you can download a voucher for € 5,-, € 15,- or € 25,- worth of discount!
- Classic music for the elderly? Not at all! Every year on Christmas Eve there’s a classical music concert at a different location to attract a younger audience and let them get to know classic music. This year the location is the Gashouder. Fun fact: Everyone with the name ‘Maria’ gets to enter for free. Check out the Facebook event of Klassiek in de Loods here.
- Check out the most beautiful photos at 5&33. From November to January they host the New Dutch Photography Talent here. The editors of the magazine by the same name have made a selection of what they think are the most special photos by talented upcoming photographers. Click here for all the dates on the Facebook event.
- Till January 2019 you can see the exposition Fashion Cities Africa in the Tropenmuseum. At this new exposition in the Tropenmuseum the scenes of fashion in four large African cities play the lead: Casablanca, Johannesburg, Nairobi and Lagos. Lots of fashion designers, bloggers and stylists from these cities have gained worldwide popularity on social media. With their designs, photos and videos they inspire fashion lovers from all around the world.
- Up until Christmas Eve you can still visit the EcoChic Design Award 2017 Finalists Exhibition. Situated at the Rokin, you can view the prettiest designs that are also sustainable for the environment. Perfect for the fashion lovers! Check out the Facebook event here.
- And read all about at which museums you can have a great dinner closeby here!
- Go crazy on the Christmas tunes on Christmas Eve at the Chin Chin Club. At their Christmas Madness you can sing your heart out on the Christmas hits but they also play R&B, hiphip and 00’s hits. Check out the Facebook event here.
- Would you like to let off some steam before all the Christmas festivities begin? Then go to the Marktkantine this Saturday. Their NGHTDVSN party has been extended by two hours so you won’t have to go home till 7 in the morning. Click here for the Facebook event.
- Are you looking for some inspiration to go all out this last weekend before Christmas? Check out out lists of the best clubs in Amsterdam here >>
Now on Yourlbb.tv
YES, it’s time for the weekend again! And it’s the third weekend of 2018 and
YES, it’s time for the weekend again! And it’s the third weekend of 2018 and
The Dirty Chicken Club Amsterdam has the golden combination: chicken, cocktails and street art!
Hallo 3e trimester! Na heerlijke weken merk ik dat het nu écht weer een stuk