Amsterdam Weekend Guide for December 1, 2 & 31 December 2017
HELLO WEEKEND! Can you believe it’s already December? Next Tuesday it will be Sinterklaas and maybe you’re like me and you need to do all the shopping this weekend ;-). It seems like sample sale month in Amsterdam, because this weekend you can go to the Zoe Karssen Sample Sale! Besides shopping, there are also plenty of other events this weekend. From Sinterklaas parties to the Amsterdam Light Festival and the ice skating rink of ICE Amsterdam! We already went ice skating on the Museumplein with the Yourlbb team a couple days ago ;-) Check out these and more tips for this weekend in the Amsterdam Weekend Guide for December 1, 2 & 3. Have fun! TIP: We just added new addresses to our Amsterdam City Guide app! With 700 of the best addresses we’ve collected during 5 years of Your Little Black Book our app will guide you to only the best places in town. From lunch spots to neighborhood guides, restaurants and a nearby map search so you can always find a spot close by. Available for iOS and Android, for only € 3,49. I really hope you like this new extension of Your Little Black Book!
- Fan of gourmet and champagne? Then go to Proefwerk for the Gourmet Champagne Festijn on Friday December 1! For €17,50 p.p. you can enjoy bread with dips, garnishes, vega, meat and fish for the gourmet and of course lots of champagne!
- Beer lovers pay attention! On Saturday December 2, the Bier en Spelen door Gollem & Westergasterras in the WesterUnie. A day full of specialty beers, crazy games and insiders info about the brewing processes of all those specialty beers that are served. Think of beer from Brouwerij de Eeuwige Jeugd, Oedipus Brewing, Sixpoint, Mokums Malt and much more.
- Oeh-la-la so many great food places have opened their doors over the past few weeks. We are still very busy visiting them all for a full report, but have you been to these new hotspots yet?
PS: Did you already see our new video on YOURLBB.TV ?
- Do you want to know which restaurants will open soon? Keep an eye on our new ‘Coming Soon’ section! We just added new places to the blog.
Do you tend to hang out often in your own neighbourhood during the weekend? We get you! But Amsterdam is so diverse that it’s nice to try to discover another part of the city too and that’s why we updated some of our favourite street blogs for you!
- Tip: We have a lot more fun lists! Check them here >>
- YES, this weekend it’s time for the December edition of De Kloffie Markt! You don’t want to miss this shopping walhalla for second-hand designer clothes, vintage pearls and collector’s items ;-) On December 2 is the main event of De Kloffie Markt and on Sunday December 3 is De Kloffie Boutique: a smaller version of the Saturday edition.
- Need to pimp your balcony (yes, even in winter!)? Then go to De Balkonie in Amsterdam West on Saturday December 2, because the writer of ‘Mijn balkontuin’, Stella Faber, will answer all your questions about balcony gardening!
- Sunday is the Sunday Market Sinterklaas edition in the Westergasfabriek. Perfect for shopping for fun Sinterklaas gifts and other art, fashion & design products at many beautiful stands. Think of funky stuff, tasty snacks, theater, live music, workshops & lots of pepernoten ;-)
- This weekend from December 1 till 3 you can go to Meesterlijk in the Westergasfabriek. Here self-producing designers, fashion designers, red artists and craftsmen share their passion for design and craft with the general public. Fun!
- On Saturday December 2 at 8:15 PM you can follow the livestream of the Star Wars concert by the Nederlands Philharmonisch Orkest in Het Concertgebouw. Perfect if you, like many others, were late with ordering tickets, and still want to enjoy this concert ;-)
- This Tuesday is of course Sinterklaas, and this weekend you can therefore go to the Sinterklaasfeest in De Hallen. Take your neighbour kid, niece or brother with you and go and bake pepernoten and have a meet & greet with Sinterklaas and Piet!
- The opera premiere La Bohème will premiere this Friday. La Bohème is a moving, cinematic love story with immersive music by Giacomo Puccini. For the real opera fan a must-see ;-)
- EVERY Saturday in the winter month December, Amstel Boathouse celebrates Winter Delight. At this restaurant you can enjoy warm drinks and the view of the Amstel on the terrace with a warm fire and on the veranda under cozy plaids! Ps: from 4 PM you can puff your chestnuts and roast marshmallows on the terrace ;-)
- Also this weekend you can go ice skating at the Museumplein again! The ICE Amsterdam skating rink will be back for a new season full of joy until February 4. Time to get your ice skates out of the basement!
- Did you have an expensive holiday and need to watch your money? These 13 things in Amsterdam cost nothing and are actually fun to do at least once!
- No idea what to do today? Check out our Amsterdam Bucketlist with 56 things you should have done at least once in your life in Amsterdam!
- Planning a movie date? These are the nicest movies to watch this month! From action movies to the real feel good ones.
- YES, great news for everyone who, like me, is a fan of the striking t-shirts and sweaters from Zoe Karssen. The annual Zoe Karssen sample sale is here again and that promises to be GOOD! With discounts up to 80%, chances are that you come home with too many bags of clothes ;-) The sale starts on Friday December 1, but on Saturday December 2 new items will be added. They often have all sizes available, but if you want something specific then go on time!
- This Friday and Saturday is the Samsøe & Samsøe Sample Sale in Amsterdam. At the Samsøe & Samsøe Showroom in the Vliegtuigstraat you will therefore score the best items with a discount this weekend!
- This weekend from December 1 till 3 is the Vintage Heaven The Christmas edition in Emporium or wonders. Expect an alternative Christmas market, with vintage fancy fair, hippie stalls and other fun stuff.
- It’s November which means we’ll soon be wearing cloves and hats on the bycicle. Good news if you need to stop winter accessories, because Barts has opened 3 pop-up stores in the centre of Amsterdam! You’ll find the stores at Haarlemmerdijk 14, Heiligeweg 18 and Prinsengracht 292. Read about these stores in our new blog.
- Can’t you get enough of the beautiful concept stores in Amsterdam? If you’re looking for a nice gift for someone else or for yourself: there is always something nice or cute to find in a concept store. That’s why we listed our favourite concept stores to shop the most beautiful items.
- Want a new wardrobe for Autumn? Then go to Essentiel, one of our favourite shops in Amsterdam! The new Fall / Winter 2017 collection is all about miracles and fairy tales. Mythical figures and heroines can be seen in the prints of the clothes, but also in the accessories, like bags, sjawls and jewelry. How nice!
- Until January 2019 you can go to the exhibition Fashion Cities Africa at the Tropenmuseum. At this new exhibition in the Tropenmuseum, fashion scenes in four major African cities are central: Casablanca, Johannesburg, Nairobi and Lagos. Many fashion designers, bloggers and stylists from these cities have become popular on social media worldwide.
- Besides that, the new (permanent) exhibition Heden van het Slavernijverleden will also be displayed in the Tropenmuseum from October 6. With their exhibition Heden van het slavernijverleden, the Tropenmuseum wants to make the visitor aware of the current legacy of slavery and colonialism in the Netherlands. Slavery and the stories of the slaves are part of a joint, shared and black-and-white past. A past that co-forms and influences Dutch society.
- Great news! The exhibition Banksy – Laugh Now in the Moco Museum has been extended until 31 may 2018. On the ground floor you can go to Banksy: Laugh Now. About 50 works can be seen here from the street art legend, and you have to see it at least once. It’s the first time in history that there’s an exhibition with the work of Banksy. You can also go to the beautiful exhibition of Salvador Dalí. 28 years ago one of the most famous artists died and his most iconic work as for example the melting clocks and tables with ‘high heels’ are ready to be seen at the Moco Museum.
- Until January 28 you can go to the exhibition Accessories are a Girl’s Best Friend in Tassenmuseum Hendrikje. In this new exhibiton the most remarkable pieces of the Rijksmuseum’s accessory collection are shown. Including parasols, umbrellas, hats, hair accessories, sjawls, gloves, shoes and stockings. These hidden fashion treasures are usually stored in the Rijksmuseum depot, but from September 16 2017 until January 28 2018 you can see them in Tassenmuseum Hendrikje.
- Do you need more inspiration? Check out the other 12 exhibitions in Amsterdam of this month.
- On Friday December 1 you can dance to the best 90s hits at The Credible 90s in Amsterdam Roest. Go back to the decade of the Gameboy, eat chips for Flippos, video clips on TMF and go for the hits of Fatboy Slim, Armand van Helden and Daft Punk.
- Who doesn’t love discodip? Saturday December 2, the first edition of Disco Dip will take place in the Chin Chin Club. An evening with fun, tasty drinks, good vibes and the best eclectic tunes and disco grooves.
- Saturday, December 2 it’s time again for Don’t Feed The Animals w/ Klangkuenstler, Man With No Shadow on city beach DOK. DFTA is once again preparing a great jungle of confetti, delicious house beats, the best dancers and throat warming shots.
- 21 x the nicest clubs in Amsterdam to go to every weekend.
If you’d ask me, the weekend is the perfect moment to play your next trip. Did you already check out these travel/city guides on Your Little Black Book?
- Have you ever been to Istanbul? We listed the best tips for you in our city guide. Check them here and get inspired.
- In Valencia is het nog een stuk lekkerder weer dan hier! Check onze uitgebreide guide voor inspiratie.
- Of wat dacht je van Dubai waar het pas echt lekker weer is? Wij hebben heel veel tips voor je!
- Curious what it’s like to release baby sea turtles in Sri Lanka? Check our video on YOURLBB.TV!
Now on Yourlbb.tv
These are the restaurants that will soon open in Amsterdam!
These are the restaurants that will soon open in Amsterdam!
We’ve survived it yet again, the week is done and now it’s time for weekend! Of
SUNDAY FUNDAY! Don’t have a clue on what to do today in Amsterdam? Perhaps make