Amsterdam weekend guide for 21, 22 & 23 april20 April 2017
WEEKEND! Time to spend time with your lover, friends and family in Amsterdam. Where to go and what to do? We collected our favourite to do’s for this weekend! What do you think of Zilte Zondag at Razmataz, a dinner at night at BAUT or a WijnSpijs stroll through Amsterdam where you’ll enjoy a bite and a drink at 6 restaurants. What else is there to do in the city? You’ll read all about it in the Amsterdam Weekend Guide for Friday April 21, Saturday 22, and Sunday 23!
Have you already seen the new weekvlog?
- Three tips to make your dreams come true! What’s standing on your bucketlist for years already that you need motivation for?
- Visit on May 10 the Bols Geneverstreet and try 7 cocktails for only € 10,50. Perfect for a night out with friends!
On Saturday you can enjoy a lovely dinner at night at BAUT. Until 10 PM you can order a 3 or 4 course from the old menu. A new season means a new menu and that happens on Saturday. After 10 PM you can order from the new menu. Nice!
- No idea what to do for Mothersday? Take your mom to Quies Tea and order a high tea!
This Sunday you can order oysters for 1 euro at the Zilte Zondag at Razmataz!
- Would you rather have a proper Sunday Roast with deliciously prepared meat? Last Sunday we went to the Sunday Roast at Mr. Porter in the W Hotel and my-oh-my, it was so good. Read the blog here!
- Enjoy a WijnSpijs stroll in Amsterdam. From 12 PM till 5 PM you visit 6 restaurants for a bite and a drink. Think of restaurants as the Kanarie Club, Strangelove and the Waterkant. Get your ticket now!
- Up for kimchi? Check out the Kimchi and Fermentation Cooking Class from Vegan Sundays at Zoku this Sunday. Learn everything about kimchi and fermentation and make the most delicious dishes!
- Want to know what restaurants are opening soon? Then keep an eye on our ‘Coming Soon‘ list! We just filled it up with new gems.
- This Sunday you can enjoy live jazz music and a drink at the Pulitzer Bar. Nice!
Every Saturday you can take your friends to the Borrel Dinner Party at the Kroon. Order one of the borrel plates, enjoy good music and nice people. The cocktails are only 6 euros, yes!
Want to healthy but not in the mood to cook? Order online because we put our 17 favourite healthy order spots on a list for you, and the best spots in Amsterdam West where you can also order food and Amsterdam East!
- Mama Makan in East is the place to be if you like Indonesian food with a high dining twist!
- Every Sunday you can go to Visaandeschelde for the Bouillabaisse Sunday! You’ll get Bouillabaisse and a glass Poule de Pic for only €25 per person.
- New! Café Keppler in Amsterdam North, a place where you can stay all day long!
On Sunday it’s time for the Bas Kosters Sweaters Party at Sexyland. Choose the sweater you like and let the Bas Kosters team style it your way!
Wine, wine, wine! It’s time for another Spring Wine Tasting in The Library on Sunday. Who says no to that?
- We love croissants, specially on a hangover Sunday. Check our 13 favourite spots to order croissants in Amsterdam!
- Mark the date: on October 12 you can go to Onbrand, the event for start-ups, marketing professionals and influencers!
Tip: We have a lot more nice lists! Check them here >>
- On April 21 en 22 it’s time for the fourth Blueprint Festival at the Amsterdam Denim Days (April 17 – 23). Visit the festival and check out the new collections, interactive demonstrations, denim lectures, music, nice food and of course time to shop.
- Have you already seen our list with the best festivals that are happening soon? Quickly buy your tickets!
- This weekend you can go to Cirque Du Soleil – Varekai at Ziggo Dome. Hold your breath!
- No idea what to do today? We made thé Amsterdam Bucketlist with 56 things you need to do at least once in your life in Amsterdam.
- On Saturday you can learn how to make the perfect flower bouquet at Bloomon. Get your tickets now!
- Visit these 18 hotspots along the IJ, they’re perfect for when the sun is shining!
This Sunday you can visit the OBA van Amsterdam for a reading: Underwear through different ages, by Modemuze. From corsets to petticoats and brassieres. You can also attend a presentation about (in) visible body hair.
- Festivals are not only nice in the Netherlands, how nice is it to go to another country with friends and go all out? We gathered our favourite festivals abroad to go to this year!
- In for a cultural afternoon? These are the best exhibitions in Amsterdam this month!
- Until May 14 you can spot lots of tulips in Amsterdam. For the tulip festival they have planted a tulip for every Amsterdammer, so that means around 800.000 tulips!
- Tip: not sure yet what you’re going to do this year on Kingsnight or Kingsday? Then check our list with the best festivals, parties, and events!
- These are the best festivals, parties and events on Liberation Day! How are you going to celebrate freedom on May 5?
- Plan a movie date with your lover or friends, you nee to watch these movies at the cinema this month!
- Good news for everyone in The Hague, there’s a bit food hall coming!
- We love Moroccan interior items, so every time we’re there we want to take some of the items with us home. Sadly our suitcase is always too full, that’s why we can shop the items this Sunday at the Maroccan Interior Sale in Amsterdam, nice!
- We love pink! And than especially blush pink. What do you think of this colour?
- NICE, NICE, NICE: the new collection is in at X Bank in de Spuistraat. So go and let yourself be surprised by this 700 m2 shop, where they sell the most beautiful Dutch Design. We’re fans!
- Spotted at Coachella: 6 x beauty trends to try this festival season!
TIP: WE ARE SO PROUD OF THIS… Buy a subscription to Glamour and you won’t only receive Glamour 6 times, but also the Yourlbb book ‘Wanderlust’, worth €40,94, but now together for €19!
- No idea what to wear on Kingsday? Let us inspire you!
- Wen is the best and nicest concept store in Amsterdam South. Have you ever been there?
- Last call: till April 23 april you can visit the Stedelijk Museum for Jordan Wolfson: TRUTH/LOVE / MANIC/LOVE: TRUTH/LOVE. You can see his first female animatronic figure, a fascinating and terrifying robot sculpture, equipped with sensors that enters the work interaction with the audience.
Want to know more about the Love Hotels in Japan? This Saturday you can visit the ‘Love Hotel: ラブホテル Art Exhibition’ in the new Love Hotel Collective.
Starting March 31 you can go to the Tropenmuseum to the exhibition Body Art where you learn everything about body decorations. From make-up and tattoos, to skin implants and surgical changes. Nice!
- Until June 7 you can go to Wiliam Eggleston in FOAM, one of the worlds leading photographers shows his work made during roadtrips through Southern states in America.
- Last call! Until April 22 you can go to Galerie Bart Amsterdam – Johan Falke Dogs & Faces. Dogs & Faces shows a serie of paintings of Jonah Falke with dog and human faces. A must go exhibition that you’ll remember for a while.
- In the Stedelijk Museum you can see Verliefde Camera by Ed van der Elksen. One of the biggest Dutch photographers and documentary filmmakers of the 20th century shows his best work of the last 25 years. You can see the exhibition until May 21.
- TIP: Do you need more inspiration? Check out the other 12 exhibitions in Amsterdam of this month.
On Saturday you can go to 3x NYX for a party of The Amazing Agency and we all know how these parties are, time to go!
Bar Boca’s and Garbo Amsterdam are organizing a party for all the LHBTQI: PINKSUNDAY. better said, a night full of talks, dating material, drinks, good music and the best food.
At Paradiso you can go to the We Love 80’s party on Saturday. Get your friends together and dance on old school hits!
Come to the Generator Hangout on Saturday. The college hall is renewed into a late night bar and a creative hangspot and that needs to be celebrated with good music!
Time for another poolparty at Sloterparkbad: the Adtlantis Poolparty. Let’s go!
- End your week at Sloppy Sundae at Disco Dolly, the perfect place to forget your hangover and weird actions of the weekend.
Every last Saturday of the month you can go to Downtown ’88 by Basquiat. A night full of different music, but all fresh and funky!
If you ask me the weekend is the perfect time to plan your next trip! Have you already seen these travel/city guides on Your Little Black Book?
- We’re so excited for Coachella, what about you? Do you already know our Los Angeles City Guide with a lot of tips? or the 72-hours in Las Vegas?
- On the hunt for hostels in Amsterdam? We got them!
- Kaapverdië is a summer holiday place where you need to go at least once in your life. What do you think of this summer?
- Booked an Airbnb? With these 6 tips you’re going to be the perfect gast.
- Up for a short city trip? Brussel is one of those cities we go to at least a few times a year to get surprised!
Now on Yourlbb.tv
At these spots you’ll find the best poké bowls in amsterdam!
At these spots you’ll find the best poké bowls in amsterdam!
Gastropub Helst Amsterdam is een nieuw bier paradijs in de Pijp!
At Ferilli’s Caffè Amsterdam you’ll feel like you’re in Italy for a while!