Amsterdam weekend guide for May 19, 20 & 2118 May 2017
YES WEEKEND! If you follow me on Instagram Stories you already know where I am right now…. I’m in beautiful Sri Lanka! It’s my first time here and I have to say: I LOVE the food (lot of curries and seafood) and the beaches are just beautiful. We’re staying at the lovely Vivante by Taj hotel and it’s the perfect place to relax and unwind for a week. Tomorrow I’m going to celebrate my birthday here on the beach, with some lobster for dinner.
But back to Amsterdam! Of course TEAM YOURLBB made a selection of our favourite things to do in Amsterdam this weekend. From food markets to new hotspots and new exhibits. No reason to be bored! What else is there to do in the city? You’ll read all about it in this Amsterdam Weekend Guide for Friday May 19, Saturday 20, and Sunday 21!
TIP: And did you get our Amsterdam City Guide app already? With 700 of the best addresses we collected during 5 years of Your Little Black Book. From lunch spots to neighborhood guides, restaurants and a nearby map search so you can always find a spot close by. Available for iOS and Android, for only € 3,49. I really hope you like this new extension of Your Little Black Book!
Have you already seen the new weekvlog? Make sure to SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel and feed your wanderlust with new travel videos every week!
- TIP: These are the most amazing destinations of 5 years of Your Little Black Book where you want to go!
- Thinking of planning a workation a.k.a. work-vacation? Then you don’t wat to miss my tips about working abroad.
- Do you love shopping, like us? Good news! ‘Cause Batavia Stad Fashion Outlet got a little touch-up and added some new stores. You can now find 150 stores where you can shop with a discount from 30-70%. We get happy from stores as: America Today, G-Star Raw, Shabbies, Summum Woman, Samsonite and Adidas Originals. Btw: every day there’s a shuttle bus going from Amsterdam Central Station to Batavia Stad.
- Save the date: June 2 – 5 it’s time for Taste of Amsterdam. And these are the 12 things you definitely don’t want to miss.
This weekend you can go to the Gin Festival and believe us you want to! Come and taste gin from over 150 different gin brands.
- WIN: Foodora exists for two years in The Netherlands and that’s why you can win a pizza date for 4 friends!!
This Sunday you can go to the Bloody Mary Brunch with your hangover at Metropolitain, to charge up.
George opens a new restaurant at the Amstel; George Marina for oysters on a sunny terrace!
For the second time Two Chefs and Jacobsz are hosting Night Out, a unique dinner at the brewery. Expect a 5-course menu with beer and food, and a drink from Cocktail Professor.
- Restaurant The White Room celebrates her first birthday with a special full white 5-course dinner for only € 70, – until June 10th. Curious about The White Room? Then read our blog!
Want to know what restaurants are opening soon? Then keep an eye on our ‘Coming Soon‘ list! We just filled it up with new gems.
- The famous Sunday Roast at Roest is there again. Get a delicious piece of meat from the grill of Chef Valentine. And enjoy a drink while listening to Experimette’s tunes.
- When the sun is out, we’re craving oysters. What about you?
- Every Sunday you can go to Visaandeschelde for the Bouillabaisse Sunday! You’ll get Bouillabaisse and a glass Poule de Pic for only €25 per person.
Every Friday, Saturday and Sunday you can have a brunch at Strangelove. Full? Then you can go to the movies at LAB 111.
We can’t believe it, MaMa Kelly from The Hague is coming to Amsterdam with her chicken and lobster!
This Sunday House Bar is finally opening her doors. Cocktail for two please!
- Every Sunday you can go to the Sunday Roast at Mr. Porter in the W Hotel and believe us it’s so good! Read the blog here!
- Proefwerk is a new spot in the neighbourhood of the Rai where you can go for a drink, bite and a dance!
- Want to eat healthy but not in the mood to cook? Order online because we put our 17 favourite healthy order spots in a list for you, and the best spots in Amsterdam West where you can also order food and Amsterdam East!
Tip: We have a lot more nice lists! Check them here >>
- This Sunday the first RC kofferbakmarkt edition of the season will start. A flea market for old, beautiful, weird, rare stuff or clothes from your car’s trunk. Nice!
No idea what to do today? We made thé Amsterdam Bucketlist with 56 things you need to do at least once in your life in Amsterdam.
Do you have a beard? Lucky you! On Saturday you can go to the biggest beard event in Europe at Het Sieraad. Expect live music, barbers, tattoo artists and more.
- Eyeshadow brings indie movie classics from roughly 1990 until now, with live acts that are in line with the film at the EYE Filmmuseum on Saturday.
- Festivals are not only nice in the Netherlands, how nice is it to go to another country with friends and go all out? We gathered our favourite festivals abroad to go to this year!
- In for a cultural afternoon? These are the best exhibitions in Amsterdam this month
This Saturday you can dance on the beach during the Silent Disco Strandfeest of the Discoparade at Amsterdam Roest. Yes, summer!
- Have you already seen our list with the best festivals that are happening soon? Quickly buy your tickets!
- Plan a movie date with your lover or friends, you need to watch these movies at the cinema this month!
- Visit the Women’s Health Fit for Summer Festival 2017 of Women’s Health NL and start your own health challenge.
- Mark the date: on October 12 you can go to Onbrand, the event for start-ups, marketing professionals and influencers!
- For pretty nails, a nice massage, or face treatment you need to try Sense beauty & lifestyle. It’s my go to place for gellac!
- Forget the heavy towels, roundies are the next big thing for on the beach!
- NICE, NICE, NICE: the new collection arrived at X Bank on the Spuistraat. So go and let yourself be surprised by this 700 m2 shop, where they sell the most beautiful Dutch Design. We’re fans.
- This Saturday and Sunday, in the basement of Misc Store, you can go to a special pop up event where you will discover many new brands. Think of House of Balm care products and ADORN’s latest jewelry collection
For a festival, or just to bike in Amsterdam. Rain Couture has moved to the Huidenstraat and has a new flagship store for the most beautiful classic raincoats and even one with a leopard print. WE LIKE!
- These are the bathingsuits you really want to wear on your next trip.
- Visit the Moco Museum, our favourite museum in Amsterdam! On the ground floor you can go to Banksy: Laugh Now. About 50 works can be seen here from the street art legend, and you have to have seen that once. You can also go to the beautiful exhibition of Salvador Dalí. 28 years ago one of the most famous artists died and his most iconic works, for example the melting clocks and tables with ‘high heels’ are ready to be seen at the Moco Museum till August 30.
- You can now go to the Tropenmuseum for the exhibition Body Art where you learn everything about body decorations. From make-up and tattoos, to skin implants and surgical changes. Sounds cool right?
- Until June 7 you can go to Wiliam Eggleston in FOAM, one of the worlds leading photographers shows his work made during roadtrips through Southern states in America.
- At Tassenmuseum Hendrikje you can go to the exhibition; It’s a Men’s World. Since 15 years we can’t think of a world without the men’s bag. For every type of man, there’s a bag that fits him. But this is not new. Till August 27 you can go to the exhibition about the man, his world and his bag.
- At Stedelijk Museum you can go to Jana Euler – High in Amsterdam, The Sky of Amsterdam, starting this Saturday until October 15: In the exhibition High in Amsterdam, The Sky of Amsterdam we can see ‘old’ work by German artist Jana Euler, and work she has made specifically for the Stedelijk Museum. She knows how to deform and twist classical themes from art history, after which they confirm this dull and dry humor again.
- Last call: In the Stedelijk Museum you can see Verliefde Camera by Ed van der Elksen. One of the biggest Dutch photographers and documentary filmmakers of the 20th century shows his best work of the last 25 years. You can see the exhibition until May 21.
- Until June 18th, you can see Jaski – Spring show 2017, where work is shown by both cobra artists and contemporary artists. Cobra artists like Karel Appel, Pierre Alechinsky, Anton Rooskens and Hugo Claus and Contemporary artists like Andy Warhol, Takashi Murakami, Les Deux Garcons and Chris Berens.
Do you need more inspiration? Check out the other 14 exhibitions in Amsterdam of this month.
Party time at Bar Broker this Saturday during the Bar Broker on Saturday x Johnny Selvedge & Friends! Also tonight prices change as you’re used to in the Broker on a Saturday.
- End your week at Sloppy Sundae at Disco Dolly, the perfect place to forget your hangover and weird actions of the weekend.
- Take your friends to De Katerclub at Kopstootbar for a hangover brunch, beers, pingpong and Bloody Mary’s for 5 euro.
This Saturday you can dance at KOMBO at Chicago Social Club. DJ’s can do and play whatever they want, so expect a combination of hip hop, eclectic, house, soul & whatnot.
Saturday it’s time for 22 FEST 2017! They moved from Diemerbos to the well known place Thuishaven.
If you’d ask me the weekend is the perfect time to plan your next trip! Have you already seen these travel/city guides on Your Little Black Book?
- 17 x the best addresses on Ibiza that you’ve probably never heard of. Nice: also discover 5 new hotspots that open the doors in 2017!
- So nice, a city trip to Antwerp. We gathered our favourite tips in one list!
- Snorkling is super fun! These are our favourite snorkling spots worldwide for on our bucket list.
- Viva Las Vegas is a city where you need to go once in your life!
- Packing your suitcase for a holiday is always stressful, I always think I’ll forget something. Until today! I made a travel packing list that you can print for free to make sure you (and I ;-)) will never forget something!
Now on Yourlbb.tv
Staring at Jacob x KU West (Ku Kitchen Bar) got together in Amsterdam West!
Staring at Jacob x KU West (Ku Kitchen Bar) got together in Amsterdam West!
The BBQ Festival on the city beach of Dok Amsterdam is of course the place
Lil’ Amsterdam brings art, culture, design, fashion and food together at Amsterdam Central!