Amsterdam weekend guide for June 16, 17 & 1815 June 2017
WEEKEND! Team Yourlbb is currently in the beautiful Athens to make a City Guide, but no worries! Of course we made a list with all the fun things you can do in Amsterdam this weekend. Celebratie the herring seasons for 1 euro, go vintage shopping or go to one of the nice festivals. What else there is to do in Amsterdam? You can read it all in this new Amsterdam Weekend Guide for Friday June 16, Saturday June 17 and Sunday June 18!
Ps: Follow our adventure in Athens via Instagram Stories
TIP: And did you get our Amsterdam City Guide app already? With 700 of the best addresses we collected during 5 years of Your Little Black Book. From lunch spots to neighborhood guides, restaurants and a nearby map search so you can always find a spot close by. Available for iOS and Android, for only € 3,49. I really hope you like this new extension of Your Little Black Book!
Ps: Make sure to SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel and feed your wanderlust with new travel videos every week!
Attention to all Bloody Mary Lovers. This summer, you can visit a new boozy brunch pop-up in Amsterdam (but also in Rotterdam and The Hague)! We tested it for you so check the dates here and read all about it >>
- The whole month of June is about lobster at Remise47. From lobster bisque with crayfish and garden herbs, lobster cakes with dille, cucumber and apple foam. The month July will be all about oyster, and August will be about mussels. Yum!
- Want to know what restaurants are opening soon? Then keep an eye on our ‘Coming Soon‘ list! We just filled it up with new gems.
The new herring is on its way, and they’re going to celebrate in The Seafood Bar this Sunday. Until they run out off herring, they will be 1 euro.
- Rosie’s is a new hotspot on the Rozengracht and is perfect for date night with your lover.
- Craving Asian good? Here you can get the best Asian Streetfood to eat in the park with your friends.
- Restaurant Floreyn is a new restaurant in the Pijp where you can eat old-Dutch classics but with a morder twist. Yum!
- Every Sunday you can go to the Sunday Roast at Mr. Porter in the W Hotel and believe us it’s so good! Read the blog here!
- Update: 24 x vegan restaurants in Amsterdam!
- Now open: JACKS for healthy juices in the Pijp. Ps: the juices are served by men with a lot of tattoos ;-)
Want to eat healthy but not in the mood to cook? Order online, because we listed our 12 favourite spots where you can order a healthy breakfast and 17 favourite spots where you can order healthy things. But also our favourite places in Amsterdam West and Amsterdam Oost where you can order too.
Visit Pornstar Fridays at Blue Boy and drink the most sexy cocktails to start your evening in the perfect way.
- Martis Eetkamer is a restaurant in, yes, a living room. Dine between plants and enjoy some delicious vegetarian dishes.
- Planned a date night? At these restaurants you can also stay for some drinks!
Also at De Gouden Hoek, you can come and eat herring this Saturday. Visit the herring stand and the Hollandse Nieuwe, Korenwijn and Leadbeaters.
- Every Sunday you can go to Visaandeschelde for the Bouillabaisse Sunday! You’ll get Bouillabaisse and a glass Poule de Pic for only €25 per person.
- Want some ice? At the newest Juicebrothers location you can score a vegan ice cream from Van Leeuwen. Finally!
- No idea what to do on Father’s Day? Come and drink some beers at these beer breweries in Amsterdam and enjoy some quality time!
- Want some fish & chips? These are our 11 favourite spots in Amsterdam where you can get it.
Go to the Urban Barbecue and Brew in the INK Hotel Amsterdam with your friends or father. Enjoy a 3-course BBQ dinner and beers from Jopen Beer.
Go to the Hendricks Curious Cucumber Zoo at the Ten Katestraat 117. A Cucumberzoo annex pop-up bar where you can try tasty cocktails (with cucumber of course).
Tip: We have a lot more nice lists! Check them here >>
Go to the first Art Battle at Pllek in Amsterdam this Sunday. The artiest have 20 minutes to transform painting cloths; from white to beautiful. The public will choose the winner. Ready for a new, inspiring night full of art?
This Sunday, you can sleep in the gardens of the Westerpark, in a comfy bed underneath the starry sky. Follow an evening walk, visit the sleep-in cinema and/or enjoy the “wellness area” with hottub. Doesn’t that sound perfect?
- TIP: Lowlands has an amazing line up. Artists like Alt-J, Moderat and Solange(!) will be on stage this year and we will be there. Did you already buy a ticket?
In Amsterdam Roest you can do some vintage shopping this Saturday and Sunday during the Vintage per Kilo. Pay 10 to 12.50 euros per kilo vintage, and get your summer wardrobe ready!
When you’re done, go to the VinoKilo in De School. A pop-up festival where you can get quality vintage (from the 60’s to 90’s) for 20 euros per kilo. Tip: there will be wine too.
Enjoy some good poetry and music at Lab111 this Sunday evening while sipping a cocktail. There will be people singing, reading and music. Such a perfect Sunday.
- Looking for some inspiration for a girls’ weekend in Amsterdam? Check this video with 3 of our favourite tips and do the test to have a chance to win a complete weekend with four friends!
- How do you prevent irritations on a vacation? With these 3 golden tips you’ll survive every vacation with friends and wil your vacation be a succes!
In June, July and August, Artis is open until sunset on Saturdays. On Zoomeravond there will be live music in the music tent of Suzan and Freek. Nice!
It’s De Ceuvel its 3rd birthday this Saturday, so time for a party! Go to the party, drink champagne, give high-fives, enjoy the music, follow workshops, look at art, visit a reading, go to the farmer’s market and yes, just check the whole programme here.
No idea what to do today? We made thé Amsterdam Bucketlist with 56 things you need to do at least once in your life in Amsterdam.
- In for a cultural afternoon? These are the best exhibitions in Amsterdam this month.
- Until June 19, you can go to Cinema Erotica – Ode aan de Lust in the EYE Museum. EYE Filmmuseum celebrates the sensuality and gives an overview of the filmhistory. The films come with readings, performances, art and music. There will be nights about erotica in design and literature.
- Have you already seen our list with the best festivals that are happening soon? Buy your tickets quickly!
- Plan a movie date with your lover or friends, you need to watch these movies at the cinema this month!
- Go to a flea market this Sunday, so you can score old, pretty, weird, rare, unnecessary stuff or clothes.
Keep this Sunday free for the Glamour Health Challenge. This sport event is bigger than ever this year and there will be many special guests like plus size model Ashley Graham and Sunnery James & Ryan Marciano.
- Mark the date: on October 12 you can go to Onbrand, the event for start-ups, marketing professionals and influencers!
- TIP: save the date for PROEF PAMPUS. A new summer, food festival where you can go to on 15 & 16 July, with your friends!
- For pretty nails, a nice massage, or face treatment you need to try Sense beauty & lifestyle. It’s my go to place for gellac!
- Want to do some vintage shopping? These are our 14 favourite vintage stores in Amsterdam.
- Still looking for a Father’s Day present? Bloke is the perfect accessories and gift shop for men in Amsterdam.
- Go to the city center this weekend and visit the best stores!
- Can you use some me-time? These are our 5 favourite beauty spots in Amsterdam.
- Visit the Moco Museum, our favourite museum in Amsterdam! On the ground floor you can go to Banksy: Laugh Now. About 50 works can be seen here from the street art legend, and you have to have seen that once. You can also go to the beautiful exhibition of Salvador Dalí. 28 years ago one of the most famous artists died and his most iconic works, for example the melting clocks and tables with ‘high heels’ are ready to be seen at the Moco Museum till August 30.
- At the Stadsarchief Amsterdam you can go to Marc Faasse – Tourists in Amsterdam until July 9th. Tourists in Amsterdam, there are many of them. You can photograph them the easy way, but Marc Faasse did this on his own. With a 9 meters long selfie stick. Almost every tourist has one, but 9 meters long…
- You can now go to the Tropenmuseum for the exhibition Body Art where you learn everything about body decorations. From make-up and tattoos, to skin implants and surgical changes. Sounds cool right?
- At Tassenmuseum Hendrikje you can go to the exhibition; It’s a Men’s World. Since 15 years we can’t think of a world without the men’s bag. For every type of man, there’s a bag that fits him. But this is not new. Till August 27 you can go to the exhibition about the man, his world and his bag.
- At Stedelijk Museum you can go to Jana Euler – High in Amsterdam, The Sky of Amsterdam, until October 15: In the exhibition High in Amsterdam, The Sky of Amsterdam we can see ‘old’ work by German artist Jana Euler, and work she has made specifically for the Stedelijk Museum. She knows how to deform and twist classical themes from art history, after which they confirm this dull and dry humor again.
- Do you need more inspiration? Check out the other 14 exhibitions in Amsterdam of this month.
Saturday you can visit the Cosmic Picnic Festival at Dok Amsterdam. A small, up-coming festival with a lot of colours, up-coming DJ’s, making new friends and just having a good time dancing to disco tunes, African music and House!
Sunday, you can go to Thuishaven Zomercircus with Michel de Hey. Your favourite techno artist will be playing for 10 hours!
- End your week at Sloppy Sundae at Disco Dolly, the perfect place to forget your hangover and weird actions of the weekend.
In Chicago Social Club you can go to Rewind on Friday. They will play the nicest old school songs! Perfect for a night with friends.
Get your friends together and go to Bar Broker this Saturday. This time, Daan de Greef will play the best disco of Amsterdam. And also Julio & Baby Jesus will be there for some groovy tunes.
- Going to Lowlands this year? Than you don’t want to miss these 12 acts!
Every Saturday you can dance in De Zomerkantine in De Marktkantine, for the best after-festival-parties. Different national and international artists will play special sets at De Zomerkantine and there will be a secret headliner.
If you’d ask me, the weekend is the perfect moment to play your next trip. Did you already check out these travel/city guides on Your Little Black Book?
- Copenhagen is so nice during the summer, perfect for a city trip with friends?
- These are the most special destination of 5 years Your Little Black Book that you want to visit.
- Ever been to the beautiful Florence? Check our City Guide and book a trip with your lover!
- Long flight planned? Download these things and we assure you, you’ll reach your destination in no time!
- Packing your suitcase for a holiday is always stressful, I always think I’ll forget something. Until today! I made a travel packing list that you can print for free to make sure you (and I ;-)) will never forget something!
Now on Yourlbb.tv
Come eto Wen Amsterdam for the best gifts (for yourself ;-))
Come eto Wen Amsterdam for the best gifts (for yourself ;-))
Do you like art, photography and street art? Then come to this street art art
Markt the date: on August 27 you want to go to Umami Park, the Asian