Amsterdam weekend guide for 14, 15 & 16 april14 April 2017
Hello weekend! We’re finally ready for a lovely long Easter weekend. It’s time to relax, spend time with family and friends and to go out in Amsterdam. What can you do this weekend? We collected our favourite to do’s with Easter, but also other things like the De Kloffie Markt in the Hallen and the Sjefietshé pop up.
What else is there to do in the city? You’ll read all about it in the Amsterdam Weekend Guide for Friday April 14, Saturday 15, and Sunday 16!
Have you already seen the new weekvlog?
- Go for a brunch with the family at Floor 17 and enjoy a fantastic view over Amsterdam. Be surprised by the Easter table full of tasty snacks and search for the golden eggs in the meanwhile The lucky finder namely wins a bottle of bubbles.
- Yes there’s another vegan hotspot coming to Amsterdam: Mr. & Mrs. Watson!
- On Saturday and Sunday you can go tho the Westergasterrein for lovely special beers and a lot of games. Gollem’s Proeflokaal and the Westergasterras will make sure you’re getting a fun weekend with friends and family.
- Check out the Strawberry Tasting Party of Aardbei to celebrate the strawberry season!
- At Kanarie Club you can get help with your hangover, they offer on Easter Sunday the ‘Ten Hangover Brunch’. That means lots of eggs and other hangover snacks you need after a hard night.
- For really good Italian dishes you need to go to Ferilli’s at the College Hotel!
- On Saturday you can go to the Sjefietshé pop up, but than at night! Book your table before it’s too late!
- YES, there’s a Joe & The Juice coming Amsterdam!
Visit the Metropolitain Easter Brunch on Sunday and enjoy the mimosa shots, eggs, games en hopefully some sunshine..
- With Easter you can enjoy a Easter buffet and a tasty à la carte menu while listening to the best jazz music at Sofitel Legend The Grand.
- In Amsterdam West you can find Het Paviljoen, the perfect spot for a drink on their rooftop!
- Would you rather have a proper Sunday Roast with deliciously prepared meat? Last Sunday we went to the Sunday Roast at Mr. Porter in the W Hotel and my-oh-my, it was so good. Read the blog here!
- New: wine bar GlouGlou gets a brother in Old West Bar Centraal!
- Go for a fun family day at Brooks on Easter Sunday. Enjoy the all time favorite dishes of Brooks and let the kids paint eggs while you enjoy a drink.
- Take a walk through the green Oosterpark and then visit restaurant PARK Hotel Arena. Start with a cocktail from the house and enjoy dishes like broccoli with truffle, taboulleh, scallops with macadamia nuts or lamb.
On Sunday DopHert organizes a big Vegan Easter Brunch, nice! Tip: don’t forget to book a table.
- Want to know what restaurants are opening soon? Then keep an eye on our ‘Coming Soon‘ list! We just filled it up with new gems.
- Especially for Easter you can order a five-course menu at Gin Neo. You’ll get Halal lamb, eggs and white asperges on a high level, while enjoying unique wines in an urban rock and roll setting.
- Up for a meal without meat? Check out these vegetarian restaurants in Amsterdam. Yum!
- At Grand Café Krasnapolsky you can celebrate Easter in style. Visit the Easter Sunday brunch and take a bite of the delicious dishes like scrambled eggs, oysters and delicious sweet snacks.
- At Worst Wijncafé you can enjoy Easter poached eggs with chorizo, pistachio cake during Easter brunch. More interested in an Easter dinner? Visit Wijncafé Worst in the evening and get green asparagus and lamb shoulder.
- De Loods of Roest opens its doors for the Easter market. In other words, enjoy the many stalls with authentic clothes, special items and a lot of snacks and drinks.
- Want to healthy but not in the mood to cook? Order online because we put our 17 favourite healthy order spots on a list for you, and the best spots in Amsterdam West where you can also order food and Amsterdam East!
- The days before Eater you can already enjoy a lovely Spring Easter menu at Restaurant Marius. From Thursday, April 13 to Saturday, April 15th you can enjoy a delicious four-course menu for € 45, -.
- Up for pancakes? Check our list with the best spots to order them in Amsterdam!
- On Sunday you can visit C Amsterdam for the Sunday Brunch Easter Special. Order the Easter Special or try out the new Classic; the Philly C Steak Sandwich!
- At the Foodhallen you’ll find a lot of eggs during Easter. Besides eggs you can also go for the asparagus. The asparagus season started and needs to be celebrated with a special asparagus menu in collaboration with Padron.
- Up for a fancy afternoon tea with family or friends? Go to the Easternoon Tea at The Duchess. Who says no to the savory delicacies, elegant sandwiches, delicate patisseries and stylish goodies of The Duchess. Yum!
- De Prael Houthavens has and brews the best beers that you want to test at their big terrace this summer!
- YUM, the famous ice cream egg waffles from NYC are on their way to Amsterdam!
Tip: We have a lot more nice lists! Check them here >>
- From the best lunch spots to green parks, we gathered our favourite green hotspots in Amsterdam. What’s yours?
When you’ve found all the Easter eggs in the herbbox ofLute and still feel like having a snack, you can enjoy an extensive brunch on a secluded spot where you’ll find a lot of flowers. Exciting!
- Up for shopping second hand (designer) clothing and accessories? Then go to De Kloffie Markt on Saturday in De Hallen.
- Have you already seen our list with the best festivals that are happening soon? Quickly buy your tickets!
- No idea what to do today? We made thé Amsterdam Bucketlist with 56 things you need to do at least once in your life in Amsterdam.
- At Amsterdamse Bos you can visit the Pure Markt to taste the delicious dishes and enjoy live music, a swing in the carousel and a lot of entertaining.
On Easter Sunday, you can also take your lover to the Neighbourfood Market at the Westergasfabriek. Enjoy delicious homegrown dishes and relax with a beer on the long beer tables. Time to enjoy the long weekend!
- Do you already know these hotspots at the Rozengracht?
- Go on a egg hunt at Ceuvel and enjoy a lovely Easter brunch after exhausting hunt on Sunday. You’ll get home baked Easter bread, fresh sourdough bread, salads and soups. Sounds good!
- In for a cultural afternoon? These are the best exhibitions in Amsterdam this month!
- Until May 14 you can spot lots of tulips in Amsterdam. For the tulip festival they have planted a tulip for every Amsterdammer, so that means around 800.000 tulips!
- Tip: not sure yet what you’re going to do this year on Kingsnight or Kingsday? Then check our list with the best festivals, parties, and events!
- These are the best festivals, parties and events on Liberation Day! How are you going to celebrate freedom on May 5?
- Plan a movie date with your lover or friends, you nee to watch these movies at the cinema this month!
- Festivals are not only nice in the Netherlands, how nice is it to go to another country with friends and go all out? We gathered our favourite festivals abroad to go to this year!
- 13 x the prettiest courtyards in Amsterdam to visit this weekend.
- Statement oorbellen are hot! What do you think of these eye catchers?
- NICE, NICE, NICE: the new collection is in at X Bank in de Spuistraat. So go and let yourself be surprised by this 700 m2 shop, where they sell the most beautiful Dutch Design. We’re fans!
TIP: WE ARE SO PROUD OF THIS… Buy a subscription to Glamour and you won’t only receive Glamour 6 times, but also the Yourlbb book ‘Wanderlust’, worth €40,94, but now together for €19!
- No idea what to wear on Kingsday? Let us inspire you!
- 18 x pretty shoes you can and want to wear all day on your next city trip!
- Starting March 31 you can go to the Tropenmuseum to the exhibition Body Art where you learn everything about body decorations. From make-up and tattoos, to skin implants and surgical changes. Nice!
- Until June 7 you can go to Wiliam Eggleston in FOAM, one of the worlds leading photographers shows his work made during roadtrips through Southern states in America.
- Last call! Until April 22 you can go to Galerie Bart Amsterdam – Johan Falke Dogs & Faces. Dogs & Faces shows a serie of paintings of Jonah Falke with dog and human faces. A must go exhibition that you’ll remember for a while.
- In the Stedelijk Museum you can see Verliefde Camera by Ed van der Elksen. One of the biggest Dutch photographers and documentary filmmakers of the 20th century shows his best work of the last 25 years. You can see the exhibition until May 21.
TIP: Do you need more inspiration? Check out the other 12 exhibitions in Amsterdam of this month.
- This weekend we can finally go to DGTL Festival. Dance for two days on the best music as cutting-edge electronic.
- On Saturday you can enjoy the music of Jett Rebel at Paradiso, nice!
The closing WEEKENDER is the highlight of the winterseason and it will be celebrated this Easter Sunday. We love the free Easter Mondays! Tip: you can only buy tickets at the
On Easter Sunday you can visit a nice party at RADION; Alter Ego Night. A night full of performances, visuals and of course the best international line-up.
This Saturday you can go to RUSH at De Marktkantine. The famous house-brand from Amsterdam gives a big, big party this Easter weekend and you want to be there!
- End your weekend at the always fun Sloppy Sundaes!
- Cafe Flamingo is existing for already 10 years and that needs a party. Are you going?
- It’s time for the Awakenings Easter Special. Dance, dance, dance!
If you ask me the weekend is the perfect time to plan your next trip! Have you already seen these travel/city guides on Your Little Black Book?
- We’re so excited for Coachella, what about you? Do you already know our Los Angeles City Guide with a lot of tips? or the 72-hours in Las Vegas?
- Looking for a holiday destination? How about South Africa? Check our Travel Guide and let us inspire you!
- These are the 10 prettiest islands in the world! Where have you been already?
- Up for a short city trip? Visit the gorgeous city Aarhus in Denmark! A city that belongs on your travel bucketlist!
- Berlijn is still one of our favourite getaway cities. Let’s go!
Now on Yourlbb.tv
YES, it’s time for the weekend again! And it’s the third weekend of 2018 and
YES, it’s time for the weekend again! And it’s the third weekend of 2018 and
The Dirty Chicken Club Amsterdam has the golden combination: chicken, cocktails and street art!
Hallo 3e trimester! Na heerlijke weken merk ik dat het nu écht weer een stuk